Heard a wee rumour last night

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't shoot the messanger etc. Just sharing.

It's not a massive story or the biggest rumour, but anyway...

Someone I know, who spends a bit of time mixing behind the scenes at Ibrox said that a few days ago, Whyte tried to arrange a meeting with Walter Smith to discuss potential transfer targets.

Walter Smith went right through him and told him "buy the club, then come back and see me and we can talk transfers - until then, I'm too busy for this"

When I asked him further the meaning, he said Walter Smith is cagey of the man and thinks it's one big publicity stunt and he doesn't have anywhere near enough money to complete the deal.

As I said, don't shoot the messenger. Just repeating what I was told last night.

I meant to post earlier, but forgot and it's just when I see The Booler's post asking about Whyte I remembered.

heard the exact same rumour on monday night aswell

the guy in my dads work plays gold with whyte and he says he doesnt have that kind of money and he reckons he is buying it for king

From what I understand guys, Mr Murray has been in hiding since december, Mr Whyte HAS the money and has big plans for our club, but we need to stick together on this. If you had seen the mess Mr Murray had made of our club, then you would see why this is taking a lot longer to sort out that we hoped. Man City were in negotiations for 2 years before finalising a deal. These things take time. But Mr Murray is making sure he has EVERY penny out of us before he goes. I fear that will be Greegs, Davis, Boogie and Jelavic. All that money would belong to LTSB not us the fans.

I am all for using the German Club model where the fans buying a large stake in the club, could it work with us??

From what I understand guys, Mr Murray has been in hiding since december, Mr Whyte HAS the money and has big plans for our club, but we need to stick together on this. If you had seen the mess Mr Murray had made of our club, then you would see why this is taking a lot longer to sort out that we hoped. Man City were in negotiations for 2 years before finalising a deal. These things take time. But Mr Murray is making sure he has EVERY penny out of us before he goes. I fear that will be Greegs, Davis, Boogie and Jelavic. All that money would belong to LTSB not us the fans.

I am all for using the German Club model where the fans buying a large stake in the club, could it work with us??

that first bit must be wrong because thaksin shinawatra bought them in 2007 then the he sold them to the new owners in 2008 when shinawatra was going through some trouble ,

the second bit is just balls , you really think we will sell our 4 main players , it couldnt happen , i could maybe see boogie or mcgregor goin but davis wouldnt move i dont think and jelavic has only played 6 games

Lets guess what you are.

Excuse me - DoobyDoo - I couldn't help notice your location - Hamilton.

Your second post and you have all this information at hand? (Murray's been in hiding...........Whyte has the money.......yaddah-yaddah-yaddah!)

No offence intended or hee-haw, but your claims are spurious.

PS. You don't own a bus company by any chance, do you? :rolleyes:

Why would he approach Walter when he's fucking off in 5 months? Unless it was for a loan deal until the end of the season. If it's long term signings then would he not be approaching Ally? Or if he wasn't having Ally as manager would he approach any of them? Anyway, Walter won't be here in 5 months so it doesn't really matter what he thinks of him.

Who is Whyte? I think he is a mirage!

Oh and I remember Walter reacting quite angrily in a press conference when asked about staying on next year as that was the 'Mirage's' preference and basically Walter said (and I paraphrase somewhat) - 'Fuck sake - never spoken to the man so how can he say I will stay on - I am leaving and thats it. He cant talk about what I am going to do cause i have never met the man"

If any conversation actually happened and Whyte did try to ask Walter about transfer targets I really don't think Walter would respond in the manner that is being portrayed in the original post that is not his style, and if any conversation did take place then the person who informed the OP is starting a Chinese rumour about the meaning of any conversation and no actual fact about what Walter was/is thinking.

Also heard a a rumour that Craig Whyte is not actually buying the club.

I heard he is a smokescreen for the Arabs from City as they dont want Murray knowing they want us so he asks for more money.

Supposedly we will be bought in the summer and 500million will be pumped into the team as we go chasing the Champions League.

Don't shoot the messenger lads I just heard it from somebody who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Not a text rumour either lads.

Also heard a a rumour that Craig Whyte is not actually buying the club.

I heard he is a smokescreen for the Arabs from City as they dont want Murray knowing they want us so he asks for more money.

Supposedly we will be bought in the summer and 500million will be pumped into the team as we go chasing the Champions League.

Don't shoot the messenger lads I just heard it from somebody who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Not a text rumour either lads.

I heard that rumour too ......... does that make it true? :craphead: