Kris Common

We'll be back in the morning with an improved offer, we simply have to, it's too late in the day to look elsewhere.

The Agent's playing an absolute blinder. He's upped the ante at the eleventh hour, when, by all accounts, Rangers and the player himself looked like reaching agreement.

The Agent claims another team are willing to offer more but states that Commons' preferred choice is Rangers and that we must match, or come close to matching, the rival bid.

We're still very much in the driving seat but as things stand we have to improve what's currently on the table.

Is he worth going the extra mile for? In my opinion he is, and to lose out at this stage would be a really hard one to take.

Do I still believe Kris Commons will be sign for Rangers? Yes, absolutely.

I've set myself up for a massive fall here should this go tits up and if that's the case then I'll be happy to take all the flak coming my way.

If he doesnt sign u wont get a massive fall ull get banned fair deal ? :craphead:

We'll be back in the morning with an improved offer, we simply have to, it's too late in the day to look elsewhere.

As in, for a different player, should this Commons deal fall through?

He's not first choice. He's the sort of loan player I can imagine someone going for.

they dont have cover for johnson i dont think and hes been getting regular games i cant see them letting him go just now

Some people seem to think that Commons is a world beater.

He is a decent player who would do a job but I wouldn't pay an extra £4k a week for him.

End it straight away and move on to trying to sign someone else.

As in, for a different player, should this Commons deal fall through?

Yes, there aren't too many players of his quality available for £400K.

He's been on the radar for months now and we've waited patiently before making our move.

Should it fall through I don't see there being enough time to find someone as good as him at the figures quoted.

just a quick thought....looking on the BBC website saying kakuta could go on loan to fulham....surely it couldnt hurt to approach chelsea with a view to bringing him and jeffrey bruma up here on loan. Bruma would be excellent cover across the whole backline and kakuta would be fantastic on the left or behinf Jelavic imo. Not high wages either i would imagine.

Guest therabbitt

For what it's worth, Blouie did confirm to me last week that he had information that Commons was in talks with us. However my sources are different tonight.

Some people seem to think that Commons is a world beater.

He is a decent player who would do a job but I wouldn't pay an extra £4k a week for him.

End it straight away and move on to trying to sign someone else.

I'm not one of them - we can't afford world beater's.

But this is where we are, he's as good as we can hope to get in our current situation.

Yes, there aren't too many players of his quality available for £400K.

He's been on the radar for months now and we've waited patiently before making our move.

Should it fall through I don't see there being enough time to find someone as good as him at the figures quoted.

Well Smith and Bain better have something up their sleeves. There is 6 day's to go, plenty of time to do something, or once again we go with an even weaker squad.

Guest therabbitt

And as much as Spiers is a cunt he was ahead of the game when it came to Commons possibly joining us.

When did he post about it?

Guest therabbitt

11:46PM on the 20th I Tweeted this - "Rangers talking to Commons with a view to a January move. The player very much wants the move"