Kris Common

(tu) At least somebody oan here has some patience. :dry:

not true i just assaulted my mother for bringing the wrong biscuits with my cup of tea...i blame this thread

Still ain't buying they'd accept £200k less, especially when reports are they rejected a bid from us a few days back (although I have no idea how true those reports are).

Kev, we accepted around this amount less from Bursaspor than Brum were offering.

Same as wae Mhiller - it's up tae the player where he wants tae go.

wait a minute guys?? THE DAILY MAIL? they had us Novo, Boyd and Gerry FKKN Rafferty signed sealed delivered??

This squeeb that gets to sit and wipe the slevvers off his office window while lookin for a story, must be so stupid as beleive this guy will join a team who wont win the league, get into europe or have a manager in 4 months.

no quotes?? they would be pulling their wee puddins to get it intae us if this was the case. The Tin Man will have him primed and ready.

Wait and see where he is tomorrow, Champions, European Football, First Team football....

or..... conforming to leggo munching in the never ending list of p@sh players across the city.

I needed that

Just laughed for the first time in 3 hours after trawling this thread all night

dunno why your laughing shes in a bad way..... on a side note thank fuck ambulancces have wi-fi

Still ain't buying they'd accept £200k less, especially when reports are they rejected a bid from us a few days back (although I have no idea how true those reports are).

As you know when a player goes to the final 6 months of his contract, he and his agent is free to talk to any club. Commons and his agent have done this, Derby have no say on who he talks too.

Celtic on reports have offered better terms to him, than us. He's accepted, now he would have reported back to Derby saying I have agreed a pre contract with Celtic but I would like to leave as soon as possible.

Celtic would have then played the card, we'll offer you this £££ if you don't accept we'll take him for £0 at the end of the season. Derby have realized there hands are tied and accepted. It happens all the time in football, it just happened to us with Miller turning down Birmingham and going to Bursaspor.

If it is true, we'll just need to take it on the chin and move on.

Even if they were to sign him, with the wages, size of squad they have should we go on and lift the title to 3IAR then firesale at Septic Park ;)

They need this title as badly as we do, they don't have a 9 million player that they can possibly sell let alone a £5million player to sustain the crazy level of wages they would be paying out to an over inflated first team squad.

Whatever happens WATP :uk:

Rangers in bid to land Kris Commons for £400k

Ibrox target: Kris Commons Published Date: 26 January 2011By Stephen HallidayRANGERS are hoping to secure the transfer of Scotland winger Kris Commons from Derby County during the current transfer window by taking advantage of the same circumstances which saw them forced into the sale of top scorer Kenny Miller.Commons is out of contract at Derby this summer and it is understood the Championship club, having reached the conclusion there is no prospect of agreeing a new deal with the player, are willing to offload him now rather than lose him on a free transfer in June.

Rangers manager Walter Smith has confirmed that the Scottish champions are now in negotiations with Derby over a fee for Commons, believed to be in the region of the £400,000 received from Bursaspor for Miller last week.

"We've got the money from selling Kenny and Kris is someone we would be interested in trying to get at the present moment," said Smith. "We have made an enquiry. I don't do the deals, (chief executive] Martin Bain carries out that job, and he has been talking to Derby. We are currently in talks to see exactly what the situation is.

"Kris is in exactly the same position as Kenny was last week, where his contract expires at the end of the season."

If no deal can be struck to sign Commons before next Monday's transfer deadline, Rangers would look to secure the 27-year-old on a pre-contract agreement for the summer with Ally McCoist, in line to replace Smith as manager next season, keen to have the player on board.

Commons, who qualifies to play for Scotland through the grandparent ruling, scored his first goal in seven appearances for his country in the 3-0 friendly win over the Faroe Islands at Pittodrie in November.

He has an impressive scoring ratio for a wide player, with 67 goals in 300 first-team career appearances in English football for Stoke City, Nottingham Forest and Derby. Commons can play as a wide player, central midfielder or striker and Smith believes he would be a valuable addition for Rangers as they face up to a demanding second half of the season. "He can play in a number of positions and that's important," said Smith. "We've got such a small squad that when we get a player in, we look for them to do that."

Smith, meanwhile, was dismissive of speculation linking Rangers with loan moves for two strikers who left Ibrox last summer. Neither Kris Boyd or Nacho Novo, both struggling to make an impact at their respective current clubs Middlesbrough and Sporting Gijon, are likely to return with Smith preferring to seek fresh faces.

Although it is understood Boyd's agent has contacted Rangers to assess whether they would be interested in taking him back, there is also a financial hurdle which would prevent it.

"It's a fairly simple one (with Kris Boyd]," said Smith. "We couldn't afford to pay the wages that Middlesbrough are paying him and we're still in that position. Kris left us for a club that could pay him more money."

Smith is also keen to add a defender to his squad before next Monday night but played down a report linking him with a move for Portsmouth's 36-year-old Icelandic international Hermann Hreidarsson. Rangers would prefer to recruit a younger player. "I'm not going to take anyone that we don't really want," added Smith. "If there is an opportunity to maybe get in a defender, we'll look at that, but it has to be the right one for us. I'm not going to dive in."

Dunfermline Athletic have expressed an interest in taking Rangers young midfielder Jordan McMillan on loan, but Smith was relieved to report there has been no contact from English clubs who have been persistently linked with first-team regulars Allan McGregor, Madjid Bougherra and Steven Davis.

"There's not been one enquiry for anyone so far and I hope it stays that way," he said.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

It said Celtic weren't willing to give n Forrest £500k this wk for a player they CSM get for nothing this summer , what difference is commons ?

He will be on more wages than Wilson snd only £200k less in fee but it's amounting to money they haven't got

right now they have a 1st team of 34 players , amazing

I understand that, but the turn around was so short. By that logic, Celtic could've offered literally anything. So could we!

If ye want my honest opinion, there's been no turnaround.

Commons will be a Rangers player tomorrow.

celtic offering £200,000 less BUT £6,000 a week more in wages is rubbish.

If Derby really wanted the £500,000 from us, they could easily offer Commons £100,000 cash up front and still have £400,000 from us.

Was just told by the guy on FF his story behind the Kris Commons to Murray Park in the morning.

Dont want to post it over the forum because the guys been good enough to tell me and its very believeable, so if Admin wants to know drop me a PM (tu)

I get you mate, but I still don't reckon Derby would let Kris Commons go for £300k only a matter of hours after they looked to be getting £500k. Either way, we'll move on. He's a good player, but we've missed out on better. And £20 a week is ridiculous.

See this is where Martin Bain will get it in the neck if he does end up at Celtic, he's had a extra day to tie him up in a pre contract and then force Derby hands. He seems to have been trying to please Derby with a transfer fee, and neglected his duties to the players contract as he was free to talk to us.

We seem to behind the times, when it comes to negotiating transfers.

Was just told by the guy on FF his story behind the Kris Commons to Murray Park in the morning.

Dont want to post it over the forum because the guys been good enough to tell me and its very believeable, so if Admin wants to know drop me a PM (tu)

fancy pm'ing me the story :lol: am a nosey bastard but i wont post on here (tu)

Guest therabbitt

See this is where Martin Bain will get it in the neck if he does end up at Celtic, he's had a extra day to tie him up in a pre contract and then force Derby hands. He seems to have been trying to please Derby with a transfer fee, and neglected his duties to the players contract as he was free to talk to us.

We seem to behind the times, when it comes to negotiating transfers.

Yes, but by all accounts, the player has made it clear that he fancies coming to Rangers.