Weakened Team on Thursday

rfcfraserrfc

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind seeing this, I am worried about the team giving everything on Thursday and then possibly looking jaded early in the scum game or tiring late on. Whether they should be able to play 2 games in 4 days is irrelevant, the fact is that generally British teams the past couple of years have struggled at the weekend off the back of midweek European games.

We can afford to rest a couple and still get a result against Sporting

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :Foster:

:diouf: :hutton: :ness: :davis: :fleck:

:lafferty:

And bring Weiss, Naismith, Papac, Edu, Bartley in for Sunday, plus Jela has the night off

We gain nothing from honourably trying to win both games and failing to do so

the above team but i would also take Davis out he is not looking as sharp and play either Edu or Bartley in the middle

:mcgregor:

:Foster: :bartley: :bougherra: :whittaker:

:diouf: :edu: :ness: :lafferty:

:fleck:

:healy:

I think the team above would be more than capable of doing a decent job and if things aren't going accordingly then bring Davis, Naismith, Weiss, Hutton, Wylde etc on.

Of course i want us to win every game we play but that's bordering the impossible. The SPL's the priority however i still want us to beat Sporting.

I'm sure if Walter gives a few squad players a chance they'll most definitely take it and try to stake a claim in the team for Sunday.

Nope and why should he??? We are capable of winning both games

This.

It really annoys me the idea of playing weakened sides. We aren't good enough to do that.

It's also unfair on the fans who have a lot of money to pay out for tickets especially the thousands of fans going to Lisbon next week.