Weakened Team on Thursday

rfcfraserrfc

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about the weakened team, it shouldn't happen, but how can every trophy be your priority, that makes no sense.

The SPL is our priority as it is the gateway to the CL which we need Murray needs the money from. Also beating lennon and denying them the chance to qualify for the CL will trigger downsizing at the piggery going by the results they just announced

Just clarified that little statement for you,GCL.

Winning should always be the only option not fielding a weakened team.

Winning in the long term would be winning the league - something that would be much harder if they win on Sunday, which would be much easier for them if our best players all play on Thursday.

Winning in the long term would be winning the league - something that would be much harder if they win on Sunday, which would be much easier for them if our best players all play on Thursday.

Put out a weakened team, Sporting win 4-0, confidence drops, the taigs beat us on Sunday.

It's easy to put up one scenario after another. Rangers should be going out to win every match they play.

Even if we field a weakened team there's still no guarantees we will win on Sunday, I'd prefer it if we go for the win in both games with our strongest side.

I think we've got enough to win both games, I'm looking forward to watching Jelavic on Sunday and glad he'll be fresh but at the same time I'm gutted he can't play on Thursday. After the other weeks disgraceful 2nd half performance there should be no reason why the players can't pick themselves up for Sundays game regardless of whether they play on Thursday or not. They can rest on Monday cause on Sunday I expect them to go to battle.

I'd like to see a strong team being played on Thursday.

If certain players need a rest or are carrying slight injuries, then rest them but dont do it becase of Sunday's game.

--------------McGregor--------------

Whittaker -- Biugherra -- Weir -- Papac

--------------Bartley----------------

-------- Davis ---- Ness -----------

Weiss ---------------------- Diouff

----------- Lafferty -------------

That would be a good, strong team.

Can bring on players like Fleck, Edu and Healey to also play some part in the game.

Listened to Colin Stein talking about this on SSN this morning.He says Walter will play a strong team but have an eye on Sunday.Think we may see a few faces starting against Sporting who wont start on Sunday or alternatively a few subs made during the game.

If we dont win the league this year and they get into the CL we will be playing second fiddle to the scum for many a year.

I would gladly gte pumped in all other comepetitions and EVERY OF game just to win the league this year.

Living in upside down land must be playing tricks with your brain if you think defeat is acceptable

Living in upside down land must be playing tricks with your brain if you think defeat is acceptable

Defeat is never acceptable at Rangers but in the present circumstances prudent management for the greater rewards is the way i see it.

Stopping them winning the League title should be our only priority.

We have to win the game on thursday but dont have to win the one on sunday.

We only have 2 games to get through to the next round of the europa cup where as we have another 13 or so to win the league. If it had been hearts or hibs on Sunday would you still be saying the same?

Full strength team all the time.

We have to win the game on thursday but dont have to win the one on sunday.

We only have 2 games to get through to the next round of the europa cup where as we have another 13 or so to win the league. If it had been hearts or hibs on Sunday would you still be saying the same?

Full strength team all the time.

Seriously

We don't have to win a league game against our fiercest rivals whilst 5 points behind them in the League but we have to win a meaningless Europa Cup Game.

Im not paying all that money to watch a second string, fuck that!

My team was tongue in cheek but surely Smith should be looking at this game with a view to Sunday being the more important of the two?

If Naismith for example is still feeling his hamstring or there is the slightest doubt then put him on the bench.

He has Bartley who can step in for Davie Weir if he wants to keep him fresh for Sunday.

Ness can come in and take over in the middle beside Davis.

We can still field a decent team but my view is the Europa League is now an inconvenience we can do without.

Not everyone will agree but that's the way i see it.

Bigger picture and all that.

Seriously

We don't have to win a league game against our fiercest rivals whilst 5 points behind them in the League but we have to win a meaningless Europa Cup Game.

European competition is "meaningless"? Fuck me, please tell me you're fishing and not for real?

My team was tongue in cheek but surely Smith should be looking at this game with a view to Sunday being the more important of the two?

If Naismith for example is still feeling his hamstring or there is the slightest doubt then put him on the bench.

He has Bartley who can step in for Davie Weir if he wants to keep him fresh for Sunday.

We can still field a decent team but my view is the Europa League is now an inconvenience we can do without.

I want the League. Do we win the League whilst remaining in the Europa Cup?- I seriously have my doubts about that

One game at a time, so right now, this is the most important. (tu) Sunday will take of itself.

Resting Naisy is common sense one would think.

I wouldnt play Weir anyway in Europe.

Ness, i just want to see mroe and more of.

We have a big enough squad to rotate a bit, yes, i agree.

An inconvenience? I couldnt disagree more Ad.

(tu)

I want the League. Do we win the League whilst remaining in the Europa Cup?- I seriously have my doubts about that

Do we automatically win the league if we go out of Europe? I seriously doubt that.

Lets go for all 4 trophies, we are Rangers after all.

The boost the club and fans would get from staying in Europe would drive us on to win the lot, and we have mistakes from 08 to learn from too, which helps.