Attendance Thursday

BelgradeBear

I was watching the 99/00 season review recently and we had a near full house for the second leg against FC Haka, despite being 4-1 up from the away leg

What has changed? Simply down to prices? Or do fans not want to watch Walter Smith's European tactics?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching the 99/00 season review recently and we had a near full house for the second leg against FC Haka, despite being 4-1 up from the away leg

What has changed? Simply down to prices? Or do fans not want to watch Walter Smith's European tactics?

Prices, lesser competition, poorer quality of player/ football/ tactics, economy in a better state, I reckon they all count.

Prices, lesser competition, poorer quality of player/ football/ tactics, economy in a better state, I reckon they all count.

Plus lets not forget if, like me, youve just had to pay out £120 or so on a Cup final, replay and league game against Celtic all in the next few weeks!

Such a low attendance in Europe is mental! People have no passion these days. I'd rather watch nice cosy glee with my slippers on.

Some people don't have the money - it's hardly cheap, especially when we have had a cup semi-final, cup final coming up, numerous bheggars games, Europa League, Hibs and Hearts away...

I can't moan about the attendance, because I have chosen to not go to this or the Lisbon away game.

Some people don't have the money - it's hardly cheap, especially when we have had a cup semi-final, cup final coming up, numerous bheggars games, Europa League, Hibs and Hearts away...

I can't moan about the attendance, because I have chosen to not go to this or the Lisbon away game.

I understand that funds are low for people, but surely our fanbase is large enough to fill all our games! I'm sure there will be many who will miss out on the OF because of demand. The alternative must be Europe?

I just think it's a shame because I can't see us having many nights like these in the future!

Only a small percentage of our fans got Cup tickets and replay tickets etc, it's just the majority can't be arsed with this competition which is sad.

Pretty much my reasoning for not going. My focus this week is on Sunday, and beating the bheggars.

First game I have missed all season, and I'm prepared to give up full travel club points as well.

Pretty much my reasoning for not going. My focus this week is on Sunday, and beating the bheggars.

First game I have missed all season, and I'm prepared to give up full travel club points as well.

I've not got a problem with that, as I know you go to the majority of games. It's the fans on here that moan like fuck about our club when it comes to atmosphere, tickets etc and when a chance comes up to go and actually see us play live. They can't be arsed.

Im sure many fans will be like me.

My situation is I have no money and im waiting up until 1 hour before kick-off to see if I can muster up the money.

Don't forget I just spent 40quid for an old firm a week ago and I spend over 400 for a season ticket so 20quid for this ticket is too much for me right now but im gonna do my best and hopefully I will be there.

Its not as if we don't have the fans because we have 45'000 that turn up every week and that's 90% full.

Hopefully we can muster up 40'000 fans but I don't see it and im not gonna complain because I know the situation for most people.

I'm not in a position to complain myself. I can't really muster any enthusiasm for the game or this competition, with the game on Sunday coming up amongst other massive domestic clashes I see this as a distraction above all else.

I'm going because it's on the credit card scheme and money isn't an issue. Plus I live fairly close so there's not really a long journey involved (half an hour drive at the most) and with that it's probably just as well going as it is sitting in and watching it on the TV.

But plenty of people don't have the circumstances and others will feel they can't be bothered with the Europa League, so i'm certainly not going to take any morale high ground at the stadium being quiet.

Are you going to Lisbon?

Of course i am! Wouldnt miss it for the world. Theres a few of us going from the C/Milk loyal, look out for our banner. First trip abroad in ages, long over due for me. :)

Are you? Its not very fair to compare going abroad to follow us to going to a home match anyway, is it? Its 100 times cheaper popping along to Ibrox than booking, buses/flights/trains/ferries whatever to go abroad and watch us for 99% of our fans. That other 1% being our fans from mainland Europe where its probably cheaper for them to goto Portugal than up to Glasgow.

(tu)