Rangers Youths?

gersandy

Ive heard from a few sources, Rangers dont actually own their Youth programme. I heard a few years ago Rangers couldnt afford to run Murray Park, so a consortium of 4 businessmen put in £1M each. Now any youth player to come out of Murray Park is owned by this company (Rangers Youth Development PLC). Although Rangers get first refusal they still have to purchase these players.

If this is the case surely we would have no chance if a wonderkid was to come through if the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc were to come calling.

Can anyone confirm this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/3643791.stm

Gers launch youth scheme

Rangers have created a new company to develop young players that will see the club in the curious position of having to buy their own players.

The scheme has attracted £1m from outside investors, who will be looking for a return on their money.

Director Martin Bain said: With transfers, Rangers will negotiate with Rangers Youth Development Limited and hopefully we'll come to an agreement.

"But if we can't we'll use the Fifa transfer model to agree a fee."

The self-funding company, wholly owned by the Ibrox club, has attracted four outside investors, while Rangers have initially put in £2.5m.

The company will own the youngsters and Rangers will have to bid for players who had previously cost them nothing.

"I can see how it sounds strange but, if you take the running costs of Murray Park, Rangers are actually committing £2m every year to this company."

"If Allan Hutton is sold, for example, to Liverpool at the moment, the money goes to Rangers Football Club.

"But if Bajram Fetai, who is owned by the new company, is sold to Liverpool then the money goes to the development company. And that money is used to further fund more players.

"If I'm very honest, the focus was on the first team for most of the nine years that I've been here.

"But we created this Murray Park facility and you have to offset some of the running costs - and you have to protect the youth side."

Well then...

Ive heard from a few sources, Rangers dont actually own their Youth programme. I heard a few years ago Rangers couldnt afford to run Murray Park, so a consortium of 4 businessmen put in £1M each. Now any youth player to come out of Murray Park is owned by this company (Rangers Youth Development PLC). Although Rangers get first refusal they still have to purchase these players.

If this is the case surely we would have no chance if a wonderkid was to come through if the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc were to come calling.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes this is true my mate has invested money in this.

Just seems like another fuck up from the Owners and people running the Club that is short changing Rangers in this department. Another absolute joke by the looks of it. Shambles the way this club is run