Steven Davis

fraser90

Been saying it myself and heard a lot of people saying it... his best position by far is centre mid. He's at his best breaking from the middle of the park and is more involved in the game. Play him in there on Wednesday night and I bet you all the money in the world, Brown and Kayal will come back down to earth with a bump. Two of them look decent up against our midfield

Davis has played central mid plenty of times this season and has been generally poor. I actually thought he played better on Thursday night in a wide position than he had for some time and that the move out wide had helped him. However, he played well today in the centre, so basically I'd say that how he plays has little to do with the position and more to do with whether he can be bothered to show the talent that he undoubtedly has

Davis has played central mid plenty of times this season and has been generally poor. I actually thought he played better on Thursday night in a wide position than he had for some time and that the move out wide had helped him. However, he played well today in the centre, so basically I'd say that how he plays has little to do with the position and more to do with whether he can be bothered to show the talent that he undoubtedly has

(tu)

Good point mate (tu) Although I still feel he contributes more in the middle, but I would agree that if he has a good game then rangers play well, no matter what position he plays. Still, he would show Broon a thing or two in there :happy:

Steven Davis has been a central midfielder at every club he's played at and at International level too.

Its only at Rangers has he been told to play right-mid.

I much prefer him in central mid.

He's played on the left and right of midfield plenty of times for NI.

It really doesn't matter whether he plays right or middle, because he's had good games in both and equally bad games in both.

He's nowhere near the player he was last season, so it's all down to him whether he picks his form up or not, because at times this season he doesn't seem to be arsed about playing, no matter where he's been picked.

Maybe giving him the captains armband might give him a bit more incentive to get his finger out.

Played well against a very average St Johnstone team in the middle of midfield but has been crap at CM most of the season. Celtic have passed us off the park 3 times this season with Davis in the middle.

Thursday night Davis played well on the right and supplied Diouf with a great cross for the first goal.

I'd play him on the right.

(tu)

hes played center mid against celtc and been gash.

Who wasn't!

Steven Davis has had more good games this season than people give him credit for. Certainly not been at his best, had some absolute shockers, but there have been some very good performances in there.

Did he not start the majority of games in the centre at the start of the season. He's also performed in there a number of times this season. No surprise that our best run last season came when Davis was in a central position - McCulloch was also playing well during that period.

Get in a proper central/holding midfielder to partner Davis, and I think we will see a difference in our midfield.

I don't like him out on the right.

Who wasn't!

Steven Davis has had more good games this season than people give him credit for. Certainly not been at his best, had some absolute shockers, but there have been some very good performances in there.

Did he not start the majority of games in the centre at the start of the season. He's also performed in there a number of times this season. No surprise that our best run last season came when Davis was in a central position - McCulloch was also playing well during that period.

Get in a proper central/holding midfielder to partner Davis, and I think we will see a difference in our midfield.

I don't like him out on the right.

i just mean its not a miracle cure.