***Pregame Analysis*** Celtic versus Rangers

nvager

dont care what formation is played as long as they fail to stop us getting a result, even a draw would do me. not sounding good with no naisy or weiss but its a game where anything can happen and ill bide with derek johnston on this one and say its gonna be a close 2 - 1 rangers

We cant get a draw tonight, it will be settled one way or another (tu)

As long as we just attack them and dont stand off them, we will win. its all in the attitude of our players. M'well showed us the way ffs!

Two things though..Kayal was out and they were walking around believing their hype.

Strange thing but Motherwell winning may not have been what we wanted for this game although well received for our League title ambitions.

At the risk of repeating myself 4-5-1 has not worked in our last 3 games so why is it suddenly going to work tonight.

Backing off them gives the likes of Kayal,Hooper and Izzaguire too much time and the ability to attack us.

They are not so good defensively when put under pressure though and that is what we have to do. Even if it means putting Foster at right back to counter Izzaguire's pace and put Whittaker wide right with Davis pulling the strings in the middle.

Two things though..Kayal was out and they were walking around believing their hype.

Strange thing but Motherwell winning may not have been what we wanted for this game although well received for our League title ambitions.

At the risk of repeating myself 4-5-1 has not worked in our last 3 games so why is it suddenly going to work tonight.

Backing off them gives the likes of Kayal,Hooper and Izzaguire too much time and the ability to attack us.

They are not so good defensively when put under pressure though and that is what we have to do. Even if it means putting Foster at right back to counter Izzaguire's pace and put Whittaker wide right with Davis pulling the strings in the middle.

Exactly so we need to pressure them up the pitch and attack them and put them on the back foot. Will WS send out a team to do that? If he plays 5 at the back what message does that send out?

Exactly so we need to pressure them up the pitch and attack them and put them on the back foot. Will WS send out a team to do that? If he plays 5 at the back what message does that send out?

If he plays 5 at the back tonight i will probably not even bother watching it and i am being deadly serious.

Hooper is right..if we go with 5 at the back then Smith is basically telling his players he doesn't trust them and they are not good enough to go toe to toe with a distinctly average bheast side.

No Weir and we have a chance of 4-4-2

Weir plays and there is no chance of 4-4-2 and he will get taken to the cleaners by Smarmyarse and Hooper.

Have to laugh at hooper saying 4-5-1 is running scared. Repeating the same formation is just saying we haven't played well in previous matches and if we do that's the right formation, changing it is actually more running scared from that point of view.

Personally I think the formation has had a bearing on the performance, the players just aren't comfortable with it, if they get their fingers out I truly believe 5-4-1, 4-5-1, 4-4-2, hell even 4-3-3 doesn't matter. If the players play the system well we'd win.

Trouble is we haven't played 4-5-1 well at all so I agree it needs to change. I'd honestly rather see 5-4-1 than 4-5-1 as I think giving one CB at a time license to get forward can overload one side of the pitch with CB, full back and wide midfielder all appearing in a 3v2 down that side.

Still prefer just to go 4-4-2 and tear these cunts a new one

I sometimes think that when you send your team out like that you are bascially saying "look your not as good as this mob"

A formation like that may dent the confidence of the players.

We need to play 4-4-2 dont show them any respect whatsoever 442 please walter. w.a.t.p

McGregor

Foster Bougherra Bartley Papac

Whittaker Davis Edu Diouf

Healy Jelavic

i pray im wrong but i said before the last game if edu played (i realise we have little option)that we would get royaly fucked. we are so poor in central midfield i really cant see us getting a result here