Fake Rangers

JackCarter

Hong Kong Rangers have been around since the 1960's mate.

I'm think Willie Henderson and Alex Wiiloughby played for them near the end of their careers.

Willie Henderson, Alex Willoughby, Jim Forrest, and Billy Semple all played for HKR.

Thanks mate, Forgot about Jim Forrest and didnt know that Billy Semple played there.

I think Billy Semple went there in 1977 or there abouts, because I'm sure he was still in Scotland playing for Albion Rovers in 1976.

John Spencer

Naw harry! wee John Spencer ended his career in the USA after leaving Motherwell.

In fact, he's now the head coach (manager to us) for my Brothers home team in Portland, Ohio.

Hong_Kong_Rangers_FC_crest.png

Funny. the Chinese writing underneath it reads something like "Homeless Tramp (or hobo) Football Club"! Not sure that's exactly what I thought when I saw it but, hey ho...(My girlfriend is Chinese and I just asked her to translate).

Vaguely amusing but true.

Spenny was sent to HK Rangers at 16ish years old for a season if my memory serves me right.

Christ, harry! you're certainly on the right track mate with Spenny going to HK in season 1989-90, but he played with Lai Sun and not HKR.

He played 24 games and scored 20 goals for Lai Sun and in the process won the Hong Kong Viceroy Cup when Lai Sun defeated South China 1-0.

You were bloody close though, so give yourself a pat on the back. (tu)

Funny. the Chinese writing underneath it reads something like "Homeless Tramp (or hobo) Football Club"! Not sure that's exactly what I thought when I saw it but, hey ho...(My girlfriend is Chinese and I just asked her to translate).

Vaguely amusing but true.

Yep

I think the translation is meant to be more like "wanderers" though than tramps. pmsl.