A curious thing on the Herald website regarding Smith

MisterC

Was just having a look at the Herald website and found myself reading the readers letters and theres a few about the game the other night. I get to the bottom and on the right there was the most read stories and one headline in particular grabbed my attention. It said 'Rangers manager sent for trial'. I have a look and its from the archive relating to an breach of the peace incident at McDiarmid Park in 1991. Now, this is the thing; why would a story like that appear from nowhere? Why all of a sudden are a large number of people looking in the archive for that? Its a bit random after all and its not the first time the Herald have had similar things ie stories from ages ago suddenly popping up at opportune moments for those in both football and politics for example with axes to grind and connections with the media who will do their bidding. Here is the link to the page which has the link on it for the archived story. I smell a rhat with this one, dont know about anyone else but it all seems a bit odd.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/comment/herald-letters/sick-to-death-of-the-two-clubs-that-tarnish-their-city-s-image-1.1088697

link is at the bottom on the right.

The incident was brought up on the radio this morning as well. Don't know what station it was.

Perhaps thats what sparked the online scramble but why bring this up? I know they are seeking to get every possible angle on the game and the implications of the post match scenes but this is ridiculous.

It's easily done, did not someone on here do it an while back regarding the Torbett abuse. They went onto the Heralds archives find the relevant article and get it into the most read article section, it raised some remarks from the Orcs then? Sounds like the Orcs are on deflect mode now. I wonder why? :crabflute:

It's easily done, did not someone on here do it an while back regarding the Torbett abuse. They went onto the Heralds archives find the relevant article and get it into the most read article section, it raised some remarks from the Orcs then? Sounds like the Orcs are on deflect mode now. I wonder why? :crabflute:

Interesting

You could alway write into the gherald and ask them why bheggar football club unveiled a statue today to Big Jock Knew when he covered up the most heinous crime in World football history ? Just an innocent thought ! :sherlock:

You could alway write into the gherald and ask them why bheggar football club unveiled a statue today to Big Jock Knew when he covered up the most heinous crime in World football history ? Just an innocent thought ! :sherlock:

BD - disappointed, surely you are aware that EHD signing for Rangers falls into that category

Has been a while since I last had a letter published in the Gherald Blue, however perhaps I should follow on from last weeks apprearance in the ET with a letter to the Herald. I would say it would be much better if we could all just get along but thanks to the scum in the east that will never happen :sherlock:

he was found ,not proven when the trial came up,read totten,s recall of this and it appears they both got ordered out of the ground and they were taken in the same car to a directors house wher they had a cup of tea and sat chatting about golf till they got taken back to the ground the best of pals.

BD - disappointed, surely you are aware that EHD signing for Rangers falls into that category

Fuck sorry Mate silly me, but don't worry the Scottish government are gonnae hiv a summit tae sort it oot. jim torbett is a guest speaker apparently. :sherlock:

stu, tam, richard gordon and our own richard gough were talking about it on off the ball at dinnertime. making the point that ally and twats bust up was nothing and hardly worth talking about and the comparison was made to the likes of arsene wenger's annual touchline handbags and then the incident involving walter back in '91 of which im too young to remember