Radio 5 Live: ON NOW Discusssing 'Sectarianism'

Bluepeter9

Fed up saying this but just listen to the LIES and the PROPOGANDA being spouted to a naive public who will believe this.

The News of the World ran with this LIE along with the Eggs Benedict LIE and the Sash Grass LIE.

Who at Rangers is taking these LIARS to task and if not why not?

ok have to give up listening to this now, i have now been listening to this for 10 minutes and i still hate Celtic because they are our local rivals and we like to beat them because of that not becasue there tims.

This will never change ever we will hate each other and thats it. simples

Free Pepperami removed from Ibrox because of Green Wrapper - thats a new one on me!!

Pepperamigate was around the same time as the great Sash grass cutting scandal.

The programme actually wasn't too bad.

Nicky Campbell was able to recite all the words to 'No Pope of Rome' verbatim so he can go to jail, he also knew the chicken supper song.

Joan Burnie said we should get rid of sectarian schools, as did many of the other callers.

I can see the RC establishment pulling a big PR stunt soon as its what they do when anyone questions their schools.

Nicky Campbell was able to recite all the words to 'No Pope of Rome' verbatim so he can go to jail, he also knew the chicken supper song.

Joan Burnie said we should get rid of sectarian schools, as did many of the other callers.

I can see the RC establishment pulling a big PR stunt soon as its what they do when anyone questions their schools.

Maybe they should feed everyone at the piggery with 5 loaves and 5 fishes...that would get everyone talking....

I quite like NC and I thought the programme was not too bad. Didn't Hearts supporting Nicky trace his ancestors (I think he was adopted) and find he was from Irish republican stock? That must give him food for thought as far as this issue goes. :)

I agree about sectarian schools but I'm against any state being involved in any religious activity.

What the last women said was quite interesting as well. Twice, she claimed, she was told (by note) that; 'there's a perfectly good Catholic school up the road' by non-denomintional schools she was attending. She also made it plain that she didn't think any side was any worse than the other.

Edit: That was in the 1960's to put it in perspective.

People who get bogged down with the minor details (Eggs Benedict and the like) are nothing but a hindrance to the noble cause they claim to serve. I remember, for example, working in the food outlets inside Ibrox when I was at high school in the 90s and several of their supporters refused to accept their burger in red, white, and blue packaging during a Scottish Cup semi-final. I just found it funny and pathetic. Something else I remember is hearing the Headmaster of a RC school tearing into his football team for losing the Centenary Cup 7-3 against the local "non-demonnational" school I was playing for. What is interesting is that the aforementioned Headmaster was also Chief Steward at Celtic Park (I don't know if he still is). Indeed he was the one in the red jacket who ran onto the pitch after Dallas got hit with the coin in 1999.

There is something wrong when ten year old kids organise "Proddies v Catholics" games of football down the park, like we used to do, and it is not the fault of Rangers or Celtic.