Subway Loyal

Ace

The large number of empty seats in the Ibrox stands – a crowd of 42,417 was given as the official attendance – was understandable given how hastily this Sunday game was arranged.

However, those Rangers “fans” who left after Madjid Bougherra had a headed goal ruled out for offside after 83 minutes need to take a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror today.

That sizeable numbers of supporters upped and left with seven minutes of regulation time plus stoppage time – there were over three minutes added on – simply beggared belief.

Smith’s side was, after all, pushing hard for the winning goal at that point. Failure to get it would have had serious, possibly fatal, consequences for their hopes of recording a third successive title success.

Slumping to a 1-1 draw would have resulted in Rangers being unable to edge ahead of their Old Firm rivals in the SPL table at a crucial stage in the 2010/11 campaign if they won their game in hand.

No thanks to the Subway Loyal – who, it would seem, get going when the going gets tough – that is not the case.

Some Rangers fans appear to need to ask themselves what is more important to them. Making sure they avoid getting caught in the rush at the final whistle – or their team winning the SPL in Smith’s last season in charge?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/walter-smith-needs-fuel-injection-to-cure-ibrox-energy-crisis-1.1090319

I am not often at the games anymore, haven't been a regular visitor for some time now but when i do get along i am there until the full-time whistle blows ... come a 4-0 victory or a 3-0 defeat.

I sit while others around me get up to leave, I have asked "Why?" and the response is sually along the lines of "To beat the traffic mate !!"

When we are not winning, or not playing well, that is when the team need us most of all, it is not the job of th eteam to lift you of your seats and roar them on to victory ... it is the job of the supporter to get off your backside, show the team thebacking they deserve, if they are playing poorly, shouting will not help but enouragement might.

I am not saying that shouting at the team isn't deserved .. when you see them not trying then a kick up the backside can always be needed but i feel that, like children, you get more from them with encouragement than you do with a stick.

Show your support for the team, afterall, they could be thinking "If you can't be arsed sticking around .. why should I bother"

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Another 'I'm a bigger bluenose than you' thread.

If people want to leave early to avoid traffic or they cant watch that shite thats on display any longer then so be it. It makes no difference to anyone or anything, infact it meams the subway queue isnt as long when I leave at the final whistle. The atmosphere is the same with 10,000 or 50,000... pish.

Another 'I'm a bigger bluenose than you' thread.

If people want to leave early to avoid traffic or they cant watch that shite thats on display any longer then so be it. It makes no difference to anyone or anything, infact it meams the subway queue isnt as long when I leave at the final whistle. The atmosphere is the same with 10,000 or 50,000... pish.

'Fraid not Bill ... this is nothing to do with staying to the end meaning i'm better (or worse) than you, if you love Rangers .. then you are a fan/supporter & completely equal to the person next to you .. no matter what he/she does.

This is just about staying to support the team, i do not understand and woul love someone to explain it to me, you pay £££'s for a season ticket yet you are willing to leave the performance early ... thats akin to leaing the cinema early or the theatre, a situation that is a very uncommon sight but seems to be utterly acceptable wihin the home support.

When i buy my ticket to watch Rangers, i am paying for the privelage of showing my support for the team i love, for 90 minutes ... not for the team i support for 75 minutes because traffic is getting busy.

I just don't understand and would love to know, does 10/15 minutes make all the difference in getting home ... i could understand if you had an night out or had to leave for something pre-arranges but, just to get home 1/2 hour ealrer than you normally would or an extra 1/2 drinking in the pub .... really ??? Is that what your leaving for ?

I am not often at the games anymore, haven't been a regular visitor for some time now but when i do get along i am there until the full-time whistle blows ... come a 4-0 victory or a 3-0 defeat.

I sit while others around me get up to leave, I have asked "Why?" and the response is sually along the lines of "To beat the traffic mate !!"

When we are not winning, or not playing well, that is when the team need us most of all, it is not the job of th eteam to lift you of your seats and roar them on to victory ... it is the job of the supporter to get off your backside, show the team thebacking they deserve, if they are playing poorly, shouting will not help but enouragement might.

I am not saying that shouting at the team isn't deserved .. when you see them not trying then a kick up the backside can always be needed but i feel that, like children, you get more from them with encouragement than you do with a stick.

Show your support for the team, afterall, they could be thinking "If you can't be arsed sticking around .. why should I bother"

I agree with you mate but i think you'd be better off banging your head against a brick wall than trying to change things.

If we're winning 4-0 people think "fuck it we've won i'm off" and if we're getting beat or drawing people moan like fuck and say "i'm off, im no watching anymore of this pish"

A wee bit of support from everyone for the 90 mins would be brilliant for the rest of the season. Regardless of whether we're winning lossing or drawing we should all be trying our hardest to get behind the team!

ACE it is a growing problem - even earlier in the season at 0 - 0 against Celtic there were a good number left (and missed Edu's goal!!)

But in a non-OF game fans are leaving in droves before the final whistle - even in tight games - go figure!

Its a common factor within football all over the UK. If you watch Arsenal, probably the best footballing side in England,their fans are of in the 80th minute as well. I actually think it is part of our culture now, that we don't have patience to queue for transport or to get out at full time etc. Its something that is rarely seen on the continent.

'Fraid not Bill ... this is nothing to do with staying to the end meaning i'm better (or worse) than you, if you love Rangers .. then you are a fan/supporter & completely equal to the person next to you .. no matter what he/she does.

This is just about staying to support the team, i do not understand and woul love someone to explain it to me, you pay £££'s for a season ticket yet you are willing to leave the performance early ... thats akin to leaing the cinema early or the theatre, a situation that is a very uncommon sight but seems to be utterly acceptable wihin the home support.

When i buy my ticket to watch Rangers, i am paying for the privelage of showing my support for the team i love, for 90 minutes ... not for the team i support for 75 minutes because traffic is getting busy.

I just don't understand and would love to know, does 10/15 minutes make all the difference in getting home ... i could understand if you had an night out or had to leave for something pre-arranges but, just to get home 1/2 hour ealrer than you normally would or an extra 1/2 drinking in the pub .... really ??? Is that what your leaving for ?

Fair enough but there is far too many of that type of thread on here.

For me, leaving 10 minutes early can knock off up to an hour of travelling wether going by car or subway and bus even though I only stay 15 minutes drive away if the traffic isn't busy.

I rarely leave early but tbh its only cause my mate won't leave early or ad be off at 85 mins most games, especially after watchin that spiritless performance yesterday.

I pay my £400 odd basically for OF games, your Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts games and priority cup tickets (even though I do go to every home game) Most on here will think thats wrong or whatever but untill i'm preventing someone more enthusiastic from getting a ST it makes no difference to anyone, Rangers still get my money.

I've never left a game before FT. At one point in the game vs Sevilla last season I had a full row to myself, was just sitting with my feet up, could've had a wank if I wanted

True, I am a pretty loyal Rangers man.

You part of the subway loyal I take it ?

it must annoy u that u get treated the same way as the 'subway loyal' does by Rangers even though ur a much better bluenose than them lol.

Read my posts above for the answer your after.

Yesterday for one.

St Johnstone for another.

More away from Ibrox tbh.

So leaving 10 minutes early you would have missed 2 winning goals in 22 home games so far, against teams we should have finished off well before then. Don't see much wronv with that then?

So leaving 10 minutes early you would have missed 2 winning goals in 22 home games so far, against teams we should have finished off well before then. Don't see much wronv with that then?

22 home games already? Jings.

I was only really looking at the SPL, there might be more outside that.

If you don't then fine, it's only your own money you're wasting.

it must annoy u that u get treated the same way as the 'subway loyal' does by Rangers even though ur a much better bluenose than them lol.

Read my posts above for the answer your after.

Were did I say im a better bluenose than anyone :lol: what are you talking about ?

I just don't like people leaving early but its their money and they can do what they please.

Stop trying this uberfan pish because I don't like the Subway loyal and people who leave 10mins early to miss a bit of traffic.

Were did I say im a better bluenose than anyone :lol: what are you talking about ?

I just don't like people leaving early but its their money and they can do what they please.

Stop trying this uberfan pish because I don't like the Subway loyal and people who leave 10mins early to miss a bit of traffic.

Well your posts are reekin of it and it's fuckin cringeworthy.

'Fuck the Subway Loyal' was ur words, very loyal of u indeed.

Not always winning goals but if people leave early which around 10,000 do every game on 82 minutes then you will miss at least 10 rangers goals a season.

All to get home quicker, very sad in my eyes.

It's the kids I feel sorry for, they have no choice when their parents decide to leave early and miss a goal.