Chelsea vs FC Copenhagen

CHELSEA: Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Zhirkov, Anelka, Drogba. Subs: Turnbull, Essien, Torres, Malouda, Ferreira, Kalou, McEachran

COPENHAGEN: Wiland, Wendt, Zanka, Antonnsson, Bengtsson, Bolanos, Claudemir, Kvist, Vingaard, Gronkjaer, N'Doye. Subs: Christensen, Hooiveld, Bergvold, Kristensen, Delaney, Santin, Zohore

CHELSEA: Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Zhirkov, Anelka, Drogba. Subs: Turnbull, Essien, Torres, Malouda, Ferreira, Kalou, McEachran

COPENHAGEN: Wiland, Wendt, Zanka, Antonnsson, Bengtsson, Bolanos, Claudemir, Kvist, Vingaard, Gronkjaer, N'Doye. Subs: Christensen, Hooiveld, Bergvold, Kristensen, Delaney, Santin, Zohore

Is Torres not cup tied?

No.

Chelsea had a choice between him and David Luiz being able to play in the CL as they'd both only played Europa League - they picked Torres.

Isn't looking a great decision now.

No.

Chelsea had a choice between him and David Luiz being able to play in the CL as they'd both only played Europa League - they picked Torres.

Isn't looking a great decision now.

Actually Benfica were in the CL before Christmas, so Luiz is simply cup-tied.

Actually Benfica were in the CL before Christmas, so Luiz is simply cup-tied.

So they were.

Chelsea had the choice (somehow) of picking Luiz though, I distinctly remember this from Deadline Day.

I'm not sure of the rule, but they definitely 100% had to pick between Luiz and Torres.

So they were.

Chelsea had the choice (somehow) of picking Luiz though, I distinctly remember this from Deadline Day.

I'm not sure of the rule, but they definitely 100% had to pick between Luiz and Torres.

UEFA's cup tied rules are very strange, as we saw ourselves with the Jelavic situation.

Don't fancy watching that Chelsea muck so it will have to be Real Madrid vs. Lyon.

Same. Chelsea tie is already over with plus they are boring to watch anyway.

Real v Lyon should hopefully be a good game.

UEFA's cup tied rules are very strange, as we saw ourselves with the Jelavic situation.

What I don't get is Torres and jelavic both played in the Europa league for their old clubs and both move to CL clubs where Torres can play and jelavic can't??

Don't know if the fact that jelavic was in the qualifiers or that Torres is playing in the knockout of the other competition has anything to do with it?

Anyone know?

What I don't get is Torres and jelavic both played in the Europa league for their old clubs and both move to CL clubs where Torres can play and jelavic can't??

Don't know if the fact that jelavic was in the qualifiers or that Torres is playing in the knockout of the other competition has anything to do with it?

Anyone know?

Jelavic could have played in Europe after Christmas if we'd made the last 16 of the CL rather than dropping to the EL, so it's consistent in that sense.

Buggered if I know any reason behind it though.