Are we beyond hope?

God, we really need a win tomorrow, alas history shows that when you REALLY REALLY need a win you rarely rarely get it! 'Hope' might be (as said in the Shawshank Redemption) 'the best of things' but it needs to be realistic hope - just wonder if we're passed that stage...

Fuck me, you would think we were playing Barcelona tomorrow the way people are thinking!

The psychological edge they now have (thanks to our timid approach) makes most fans think we have as much chance of beating the Tims as beating Barca!

Personally, i think 'Walters Way' of playing hasn't inspired confidence and has lead to the apathy you see. I saw a marked improvement in the 2nd half of the last game, but I just think, the psychology of the game means we've given over too much 'edge' to Septic and we're soooo lacking in confidence...

The only way I see us winning is if we go 4-4-2 (not sure if we can with Bartley out) and attack but it needs more - for me what needs to happen is that Walter needs to go into the dressing room with Ally and Kenny and tell all that tomorrow will be his last game and Ally will take over on Monday! He needs to demand 100% 'channelled' effort and aggression and (with a fair ref) we will triumph! Hopefully that should illicit the correct emotional response and we can get that psychological edge over the Tims back!

Sadly, I don't think he will...

God, we really need a win tomorrow, alas history shows that when you REALLY REALLY need a win you rarely rarely get it! 'Hope' might be (as said in the Shawshank Redemption) 'the best of things' but it needs to be realistic hope - just wonder if we're passed that stage...

Was talking to a few of their fans last night and they are not entirely confident about winning saying they haven't kicked a ball since the 3-0 game.

The op asks a good question.Whether we are beyond hope or not depends entirely on Walters tactics.If Walter addresses this match as he has done recently we will be in trouble. I heard on the radio that they have lost their centre half. Perhaps I am wrong but if their defence is weakened then we must set out to take advantage.Better analysts on here have pointed out that while we have Weir in defence then we have to sit back to provide him cover.It is blatantly obvious that we have to attack them so Walter will need to make some serious decisions regarding Weir and perhaps he needs to be left out.We are all aware of how poor Edu has been so once again it is a big decision for Walter. Based on our second half performance on Thursday Walter has it within his power to make the changes which could bring us the trophy. Will he be brave enough to bring the changes required? I hope so

Was talking to a few of their fans last night and they are not entirely confident about winning saying they haven't kicked a ball since the 3-0 game.

I think a few of them realise that being 'overconfident' can be a big drawback - they're just trying to find the balance in that respect, but they haven't had Europe to bring them down to earth recently...

The op asks a good question.Whether we are beyond hope or not depends entirely on Walters tactics.If Walter addresses this match as he has done recently we will be in trouble. I heard on the radio that they have lost their centre half. Perhaps I am wrong but if their defence is weakened then we must set out to take advantage.Better analysts on here have pointed out that while we have Weir in defence then we have to sit back to provide him cover.It is blatantly obvious that we have to attack them so Walter will need to make some serious decisions regarding Weir and perhaps he needs to be left out.We are all aware of how poor Edu has been so once again it is a big decision for Walter. Based on our second half performance on Thursday Walter has it within his power to make the changes which could bring us the trophy. Will he be brave enough to bring the changes required? I hope so

Good points.

I just don't think he'll go for it with 4-4-2 and that'll be his downfall. Best idea is for him to call it a day in the dressing room before the game, telling the guys that Ally will be in charge on Monday. If that doesn't engender some emotional and physical response then it'll have to be Monday he goes anyway! The players need a change to get them fired up and get the confidence going!

It'd be a real shame for us and Walter if he went AFTER Sunday as a loser but for me this game should be his last - it's just tooooo fekking predictable, it was ok when he did that in some European games but in Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Walter time up mate!

what needs to happen is that Walter needs to go into the dressing room with Ally and Kenny and tell all that tomorrow will be his last game and Ally will take over on Monday!

That could also backfire badly

No I don''t think we are and I don't think we should be really be thinking along these lines, although everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Europe after Xmas again, and mightily unlucky not to be through, still in with a great shout of winning a domestic double. Not too bad if you ask me.