The ref today.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His decision to NOT send off Mulgrew for the last man challenge on Jelavic was one of the worst decisions I've seen in football.

I think him changing his mind about the penalty given that he was only a few yards away from the incident must run it a close second :anguish:

Thought he was excelent. Hardly put a foot wrong all match.

Fucking shite utter contemptible shite utter unadulterated big poop poop.

Though I think he even up a few scores for the paranoid tims.

Not that it will stop them going on the phone ins with their deluded shite.

I'll pretend I never fuckin read that bit.................................................................:angry:

Man! whit a fuckin insult that was, booler! doh

Apart from the Mulgrew incident, I think Thomson had a reasonable match considering all the bullshit after the last game.

Did he make mistakes? of course he did, but thankfully they didn't hurt us.

I don't know what commentators you guys had, but our commentators were Des Curran and Lou Macari from Setanta, and the studio pundits were Stuart McCall and Alan Stubbs, along with Paul Dempsey.

Now after watching untold amounts of replays of all the incidents, none of these guys could give a definite answer to whether they were penalties or not, so what chance does a referee have of getting them 100% spot on in an instant?

In the incident with Jelavic in the box, Lou Macari was totally stumped as to what happened because he originally thought it was a penalty.

I'm just thankful we won the fuckin thing.

The two penalty claims were 50/50 imo, in any other game we would probably been given them, but not in a cup final against Celtic. Mulgrew should have walked though, that was obvious. I said at the time that maybe the ref thought that Jelavic was too far out from goal, or had taken the ball too wide for it to be a goalscoring opportunity, but after seeing it again I was talking bollocks, it was a red card all day long. I thought Loovens got away with his usual persistent fouling aswell, as did Rogne before him. He should have been sent off just to spare his embarrasment!

The 'expert' :rolleyes: panel on the BBC all agreed the ref was brilliant today and got all the big decisions right ffs. Aye right. :dry:

The referee was an absolute disgrace.

Mulgrew should have walked and we should have had 2 penalties.

I think they probably arranged pre-match to back the referee come what may. I can understand why they would do this with all the stick they have had recently but I hope this indulgent attitude contiues next time septic have a bad descison against them

this cretin sent wilson off for less than he let the child neglector away with.

he gave penalty against davis for far less than he let wilson away with.

he has a long long history of shocking decisions where we are concerned and frankly i dont think he should be allowed to refeere us ever again.

I just watched th highlights from last years final. How the devil he sent danny wilson off last year and not mulgrew ill never work out!

He'll be sick today though, thats twice hes called big decisions against us in the last two finals and we still won both! We are the people!

Also, not sure what anyone else thinks, but I thought he was harsh to book Diouf for diving.

If diouff hadn't jumped over that tackle he would probobally be sitting in hospital with a broken ankle just now.

that was a terrible decision by the ref a tackle(wild lunge) doesn't need to connect to make it a foul he bottled it to give any big decision against them maybe he's just invested in some new double glazing for his house !

The Jelavic one was a dive. The 'handball' Wilsons arm is by his side and he doesn't actively move it to block the ball so would have been very harsh. I thought he tried to let the game flow and unlike other recent Old Firm refs didn't get the cards out early meaning they're also out often. I can even see his thinking for not sending Mulgrew off, although from where I was sitting today I thought he was going to be off.

Crap. Both stonewallers. Catches Jela's knee and hit Wilsons bicep, arm to ball as well.

His bottle went too easily when faced with Ledley's persistant fouling and Mulgrews and Rogne's persistant fouling...Diouf is on 2 minutes and is booked for being fouled.

A ref and a linesman were forced from our game the last time a ref gave a pen then changed his mind...will we insist on the same.

Thomson is well known for his Taig leanings and again yesterday he proved he hadn't changed.

Strange performance from the ref. Good that he didn't get the cards out early, but changing his mind for the Jelavic pen? If I was WS I would want to know why exactly. Fact is that replays show contact on his knee. If there is any contact it has to be a penalty and the fact that the player makes the most of it is neither here nor there. Jelavic knew what he was doing alright, he suckered the defender into the challenge. Mulgrew should have gone without a shadow of doubt IMO.The hand ball was one of these that some refs give and others don't. Wilson ? Don't know about that one. If it wasn't a pen then why no card? All in all we won so you have to say it doesn't matter, but strange, was that not the man who had us down to 9 men in last years final?

I am biased and openly admit it BUT I can't for the life of me understand how any bear can come on here and suggest that both pen calls were correct. I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their opinion bot ffs watch the replays. If you haven't already seen the replays then PLEASE do so before posting and making a complete cunt of yourself

or the fact he booked Papac for a bodycheck and never booked loovens for the exact same later on.

He had be told not to give any bad decisions against them. as they would take them all the way and

they didn`t want the hassle.

I am biased and openly admit it BUT I can't for the life of me understand how any bear can come on here and suggest that both pen calls were correct. I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their opinion bot ffs watch the replays. If you haven't already seen the replays then PLEASE do so before posting and making a complete cunt of yourself

Correct and can you imagine we had lost the game, would the same bears still have been saying they were not pens. Fact is there was contact and a handball both clear pens.

Correct and can you imagine we had lost the game, would the same bears still have been saying they were not pens. Fact is there was contact and a handball both clear pens.

How on earth can you say they were clearly pens to a man with one set of eyes and once chance to see the incident?

You seem to be able to judge that they were "clear", but almost every single pundit couldnt?

There was nothing clear about them. There was minimal contact, and very hard to move your arm away from a ball that was hit 3 foot away from you. Myabe both were pens, by the letter of the law, but neither were clear. Far from it.