Barry Ferguson

Plamf

The number of games someone plays does not determine how suitable they are to be captain.

Why would you want your club captain to spend his time in the stands or treatment room?

Alex Ferguson (a highly respected manager) stripped Gary Neville for this exact reason.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want your club captain to spend his time in the stands or treatment room?

Alex Ferguson (a highly respected manager) stripped Gary Neville for this exact reason.

Why would u want your captain to let down the club and fans the way ours did on more the one occasion a may add

You seem to have this fixation about the greater number of appearances makes someone a better captain. It's about conducting oneself in a manner which merits the privilege.

People might not like Barry but he was a good player who helped us win stuff.

He was a great player before moving to Blackburn, but on his return, he failed to recapture that level, and stumbled from one embarrassing episode to the next.

No one said i/we would, someone said he shouldnt have been captain because he only played 30 games, it could have been his first 30 games for the club on course to being a legend and playing 500 for all we knew. Every player is different. I wasnt talking exclusively about Rae, i meant any player.

Barry Ferguson coming back to the brox would be terrible for the young players who have come through and done well as he would knock there confidence as he can be a bit of a bully with the younger players on the park with his constant moaning (maybe bullying is too strong a word) he was a great player and servant for the Rangers but its time to move forward not back

Barry Ferguson coming back to the brox would be terrible for the young players who have come through and done well as he would knock there confidence as he can be a bit of a bully with the younger players on the park with his constant moaning (maybe bullying is too strong a word) he was a great player and servant for the Rangers but its time to move forward not back

It's like the old rumour that Thierry Henry was hindering the development of Arsenal's youngsters because they were all terrified of him

Whilst the likes of Ness and Hutton would benefit from someone with the ability of Barry Ferguson alongside them, his personality would be a great hindrance to them, on and off the field

I'd rather see Barry moaning than some of the players we have now strolling around the park looking uninterested at times.

I'd rather see Barry moaning than some of the players we have now strolling around the park looking uninterested at times.

Moaning at the young players who are doing well would really do their confidence the world of good :mad: as I said before its time to move on and stop harking on about guys like Barry Ferguson coming back to the club he was a great servant for the club but thats in the past

Who looks uninterested mate?

Obviously I'm not moaning about current games, but the previous old firm games a few players haven't stood up to be counted.

Would like to point out, I'm not saying Ferguson should come back, just don't think we should be slagging off the time he spent with us.

Obviously I'm not moaning about current games, but the previous old firm games a few players haven't stood up to be counted.

Would like to point out, I'm not saying Ferguson should come back, just don't think we should be slagging off the time he spent with us.

I personally wouldn't slate Barry Ferguson he was a great player and servant for the club however I stand by what I said about him having a go at the more quieter players when he was at the brox especially the second time around which wouldn't do the crop of good youngsters that we have coming through and who are already doing the business in the first team any good at all thats my only critisicm of Barry boy

It's one thing moaning at a youngster to get them to lift their game however I seen Barry blaming youngsters to cover the fact that he was nowhere near as fit as he used to be, Charlie Adam being one of the main culprits of Barry's moaning.

At times maybe he deserved it but for me he went overboard on too many occasions. I didn;t see him moaning at Ronald de Boer for being lazy, he liked to pick and choose.

Ironic seeing as Charlie Adam will go on to be a more valuable (GBP) player than Barry ever was.

It's one thing moaning at a youngster to get them to lift their game however I seen Barry blaming youngsters to cover the fact that he was nowhere near as fit as he used to be, Charlie Adam being one of the main culprits of Barry's moaning.

At times maybe he deserved it but for me he went overboard on too many occasions. I didn;t see him moaning at Ronald de Boer for being lazy, he liked to pick and choose.

Ironic seeing as Charlie Adam will go on to be a more valuable (GBP) player than Barry ever was.

Spot on mate Whittaker and Naismith were another two he used to pick on however I remember him trying it on with Boyd and big Lee and they didn't take it off him this is not a witch-hunt against Barry Ferguson but this was something I didn't like about him.

It must be hard when they are being asked to play to their weaknesses though. We lost because the players were asked to defend with the embarrassing 1 man up front and hope for the best, but i do know what your saying mate. They maybe looked disinterested, but it was the tactics and team selection which lost those games.

I simply dont like him. I dont think i have been offensive or insulted him personally.

(tu)

All it showed is that he never cared one Iota for the club but that he was indeed "Mr Rangers" and more important than anyone else. His head was so big that he decided how the team should play.

Maybe in his capacity of Captain you would have preferred him to to say or do nothing like a good wee boy and just do as PLG said because as results showed , he knew best.

Phil Bardsley, come here this instant, did I just see you tackle that man, get your stuff together and leave this instant we will have none of that here.

Comedy Genius.

Anyway lets not fall out over it, Her Majesty and myself obviously liked Barry Ferguson and you didn't, that's life. :uk: