UEFA to hammer Rangers

Jelle1880

The vast majority believe in the cause. Your in the minority.

No he is not. There are Rangers from all of over the world who have no interest in those songs whatsoever. And lets face it if they did believe in "this so called cause" so much all 48000 fans would be singing it week in week out, but they dont. No one sings anything unless its against shellick or are in the Blue Order. Ibrox is like a morgue, and before we get the "oh its the handwringers fault"... no it is not. That will be the complacent support that seems more interested in moaning at the team and then leaving to get the tube at 78 minutes in.

Rangers fans are from all different backgrounds. To say that people who have disagree with you are slightly unfounded. Maybe the people you attend games believe the same as you but the ones that i go to the games with do not. We are all different, have different opinions which is fine, but surely anything that damages the club should be stopped? What is gained by continuing to do so?

I disagree on needing each other, totally disagree. (tu)

Ive said many times before, Catholics have a very unhealthy influence on todays Scottish British society. Very unhealthy.

I could not care less about religion but I agree with that statement - wholeheartedly :clap:

Get it right - I ain't moaning about Rangers songs, I am moaning about the fans who insist on signing them knowing they will fuck our club over - BIG DIFFERENCE.

Nah I got it right. If you don't like what our fans sing, then maybe that's just tough. Rangers fans are meant to stick together during times like this and not cause divisions amongst each other.

You don't though.

You have 'the balls' to type it out over the internet. I have never in my life came across a Rangers fan in person that spouts the shite some of you come out with.

You don't know me though. I speak my mind in text or voice, depending on if I am out, at work or sat behind a monitor. Some people don't like it and have every right to but you will be surprised how many agree, but some of the latter are two faced and will sit quiet when asked later.

Nah I got it right. If you don't like what our fans sing, then maybe that's just tough. Rangers fans are meant to stick together during times like this and not cause divisions amongst each other.

As long as they agree with you?

The division is caused by people ignoring the club that they claim to support and love and cause them problems for their own selfish needs.

Rangers 1st.

It's not tough though - you may think it is but sooner rather than later, those who you think might be in the minority with me will soon step up to the plate if our club are hurt from fans not heeding warnings.

I stick together with Rangers fans who put the club first and put any personal liking to traditions, second!

It's not tough though - you may think it is but sooner rather than later, those who you think might be in the minority with me will soon step up to the plate if our club are hurt from fans not heeding warnings.

I stick together with Rangers fans who put the club first and put any personal liking to traditions, second!

This

Rangers first every single time.

The division is caused by people ignoring the club that they claim to support and love and cause them problems for their own selfish needs.

Rangers 1st.

The fans are the fucking club. Murray isn't even a football man.

Rangers 1st = The fans 1st.

Rangers 1st.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

I really hate fans like you and that other guy. As bad as taigs.

As CaseyJones rightly said, the fans are the club.

You matter just as much as I do, but I take exception when you decide you don't like what you hear and try to change people. You will never change me. I'd love to see you try (tu)

The fans are the fucking club. Murray isn't even a football man.

Rangers 1st = The fans 1st.

Yes but supporters do everything to help the club. They do so for the club and not themselves. Singing sectarian songs that fuck all to do with Rangers damage the club. It is as simple as that. By doing so you are hurting fellow supporters. If you want to keep singing all that stuff, fine do it, but do not do it in a place that can damage the club

Yes but supporters do everything to help the club. They do so for the club and not themselves. Singing sectarian songs that fuck all to do with Rangers damage the club. It is as simple as that. By doing so you are hurting fellow supporters. If you want to keep singing all that stuff, fine do it, but do not do it in a place that can damage the club

Again, every bit as bad as a taig. Which is the sectarian song(s)? this is the type of ignorance that really makes some of our support as bad as our enemies.

We've been singing these 'sectarian' songs for years. What are you going to do to stop us singing them for plenty more years?

Aye right then!

All three of my kids were brought up with the Billy Boys

All three have degrees

None of them are bigots

I don't think the last example would have been the same if they had gone to a faith school which is where the real sectarian problem lies

Every time the schools come under scrutiny we get this Billy Boys deflection

You don't know me though. I speak my mind in text or voice, depending on if I am out, at work or sat behind a monitor. Some people don't like it and have every right to but you will be surprised how many agree, but some of the latter are two faced and will sit quiet when asked later.

I doubt it. I don't know anyone who cares for Rangers who says what you have just typed on here.

I've been thinking long and hard about this "banned songs" escapade, and it got me wondering.

Who exactly is it that wants songs like TBB banned? Is it the Press, the mhedia, the goon brigade, the directors of cfc, the celtic supporters trust, or is it just yer normal sellik fans that go tae the games and sing about the ira? Or is Rangers FC??????

This, in my opinion, needs to be established first - then action should be taken against the guilty parties, whoever they may be.

Forget the RST and the RSA, they don't speak for the fans, despite this being the very reason these groups were set up.

Do Uefa have the power, and authority, to ban any particular songs that may be sung by the fans of it's member clubs?

Why don't Rangers FC challenge Uefa's decision and get it sorted out for once and for all?

Why does nobody go public with this ban, and let the fans know for sure that it is an actual ban? All I've ever had is a request from Rangers FC to refrain from singing TBB (any version)

Why is it only the fans of the Rangers who are banned from singing TBB? Other clubs' fans sing it in various forms, and SDM did say "all versions" were banned.

And finally, and this is a serious question, what do we think a celtic fan attending a game against the Rangers would be more offended by?

"We're up to our knees in fenian blood", or "you'll never see Scott Brown's sister again ha ha ha ha"?

I know what I'd be more offended by if I was one of them......................which thankfully I'm not.

And I know which one I sing, and which one I'd never sing.

Banning "mildly offensive" songs such as TBB will only see defiance among the Rangers fans growing, and all sorts of songs will start to replace songs like TBB.

And those new songs may just be a bit more offensive than TBB whilst at the same time being non-sectarian.

Uefa, and Murray, may look back sometime in the not too distant future and wonder just how they could have been so stupid.

Wondering about the Rangers FC part of your theory, and adding to that the timing and content of Wullie Henderson's interview ?

I can only come up with 2 scenarios regarding Henderson....

He says things are worse now than when he was playing, having attended the majority of the games in his era, I can only assume that I missed the one where he got dunted on the head by one of the many thousands of bottles that got playfully tossed around back then, to cause his present day amnesia, or, he was nudged out (awful quickly) in front of the reporters to say "his piece" ?

Very interesting IMO.

How long have you supported the club, just wondering.

Why don't you say that at Ibrox the next time anyone starts singing these 'sectarian' songs you speak of?

Make a difference,seeing as everyone seems to think that the fans singing these songs are in the minority why don't you all challenge them?

Why don't you say that at Ibrox the next time anyone starts singing these 'sectarian' songs you speak of?

Make a difference,seeing as everyone seems to think that the fans singing these songs are in the minority why don't you all challenge them?

people dont challenge them for fear of confrontation, i cant see any other reason.

All three of my kids were brought up with the Billy Boys

All three have degrees

None of them are bigots

I don't think the last example would have been the same if they had gone to a faith school which is where the real sectarian problem lies

Every time the schools come under scrutiny we get this Billy Boys deflection

See the thing is, I agree with everyone who has the argument of single religion schools - it is wrong and damn right sectarian in my mind, so with that I agree with you. I know fine well that the Catholic schools are now being used by those who can afford it but are not Catholic, which is why the Catholic view hass widened.

I am also not saying that any kid within Ibrox or any other ground, who hears the Billy Boys, will turn out to be a Ned with no education - I am saying that for the uneducated, a ground with those words being sang, is a place not fit for a child.

I have already said on here umpteen times that I think the reportage to Uefa is coming from the dogooders who watch the TV and are offended instantly - because they can be. Rangers v PSV on in place of Corrie - for example - that is an immediate audience that in previous years would not have thought twice about watching football.

The thing is - the Celtic look at Rangers to deflect and you deflect it right back with the school issue.

In recent times, Celtic have reduced their sectarian singing at certain venues on purpose - not because Uefa asked them, but because they got smart. They knew that whilst both clubs did it, nobody could be whipped for it. We are now in line to get whipped for it and our fans are playing right into the Celtic hand by refusing to stop.

people dont challenge them for fear of confrontation, i cant see any other reason.

So it's ok to hide behind a computer screen and tell people they have no place as Rangers fans?

I'm not getting at you btw but it's a valid point,

They claim that we don't love Rangers as much as they do as we sing these songs,so why not confront the 'minority'?

They have no balls,just like the club.