The Songs must stop!

I don't really think the songs should stop. I just think the songs should change. Uefa banned the Billy boys. Argue the rights and wrongs all u want. But they said it wasn't to be sung. Murray then banned all versions. This was the mistake. We should just have changed the words. I seem to remember my grandfather singing a version in the house many moons ago. Even seemed to have two verses.

Hello hello We are the Rangers boys.

Hello hello you'll know us by our noise

We're followers of rangers with hearts strong and true

We are the people who cheer the boys in blue

A goal a goal we are ready to acclaim

A goal a goal we've won another game

Etc

Etc

Why not change to this. Maybe it's dven the original as my grandfather ain't been been with us for twenty years.

Change the famine song

Why don't u etc

Where in Ireland is Glasgow

Why don't u etc

Or

Why dont u ect

If u want to be irish

Or to all plastic paddies

Thing is a tweak of the words gets us off the hook. And gets our anthem back. Also. Just drop the FTP stuff. He's an insignificant wee gonad in rime. Why the fuck mention him.

Bring back all the old songs.

Every other saturday. Blue sea of ibrox. Hello hello. (changed words). Who shagged all the buoys. Big Joe canoe. Offensive yes. Sectarian no. Don't give the fuckers a leg to stand on.

The Billy boys would most liklely have been acceptable if sung in the past-tense as it could then be deemed as a reflection of History.

Hello, hello, they were the billy boys

hello, hello, ya knew them by their noise

they were up to their necks in fenian blood

surrender or they died

for they were the billy billy boys !

Hideous i know but this song could not have been banned !

For as long as they are singing their shite that glorifies terrorists i will sing the songs which are in defence of this great country whether bigoted or not! :crabflute:

If they can sign PAddy McCourt's F*nian army I do not see why we cannot use that word also, furthermore since when did my father's name Billy become something to blank out? Billy Billy Billy.

If they can sign PAddy McCourt's F*nian army I do not see why we cannot use that word also, furthermore since when did my father's name Billy become something to blank out? Billy Billy Billy.

Exactly, i study politics and can tell you the legitimacy of terrorists organisations is a big part of defining terrorism. The IRA lost their political legitimacy wehn they started killing innocents instead of people who represent the state therefore they cannot undermine the government any longer. This means the songs Celtic sing CANNOT be deemed legitimate in a political sense! p.s my middle name is william lol so your right with the Billy part ;)

il never stop, they are self confessed fenians so fuck them!!! all these cunts that jump on the offended bus are ruining the best derby in the world and soon enough itll be just like any other derby, like it or not its the hatred that makes it what it is and thats the way it should be!!!! UP TO OUR KNEES IN FENIAN BLOOD

HALLO...HALLO...WE CANNOT SING OUR SONGS

HALLO...HALLO...WE DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG

WE KEEP ON CHANGING ALL THE WORDS

THAT MAKE THE SHELLIK CRY

WE'LL BE SUPPORTING RANGERS TILL WE DIE....HAAAAAAALLLO....HAAAAAAAALLO

I don't really think the songs should stop. I just think the songs should change. Uefa banned the Billy boys. Argue the rights and wrongs all u want. But they said it wasn't to be sung. Murray then banned all versions. This was the mistake. We should just have changed the words. I seem to remember my grandfather singing a version in the house many moons ago. Even seemed to have two verses.

Hello hello We are the Rangers boys.

Hello hello you'll know us by our noise

We're followers of rangers with hearts strong and true

We are the people who cheer the boys in blue

A goal a goal we are ready to acclaim

A goal a goal we've won another game

Etc

Etc

Why not change to this. Maybe it's dven the original as my grandfather ain't been been with us for twenty years.

Change the famine song

Why don't u etc

Where in Ireland is Glasgow

Why don't u etc

Or

Why dont u ect

If u want to be irish

Or to all plastic paddies

Thing is a tweak of the words gets us off the hook. And gets our anthem back. Also. Just drop the FTP stuff. He's an insignificant wee gonad in rime. Why the fuck mention him.

Bring back all the old songs.

Every other saturday. Blue sea of ibrox. Hello hello. (changed words). Who shagged all the buoys. Big Joe canoe. Offensive yes. Sectarian no. Don't give the fuckers a leg to stand on.

There should be no need to change the words of The Famine Song at all. There is nothing in there that is offensive or mocking of the Irish Potato Famine, much though some would love to have it that way. If referencing a historical event is offensive or illegal that fucks up the tims defence of their songs that have been deemed not to be relevant to the modern day and therefore ok.