Who needs the polis when we've goat Boab ?

BLUEDIGNITY

Boab kin dae the grassin o' 135 plod so why go to all this expense ? Kop forgive the pun the byline on the story it's our old amigo father nuremburg shug. The polis must contact him first before they go public on story's related tae this! :rolleyes::sherlock:

Old Firm cops vow to snatch hate song bigots from Easter Sunday showdown crowd

Apr 13 2011 By Hugh Keevins

old firm Image 2

old firm Image 2

POLICE will infiltrate the crowd at the next Old Firm clash - and arrest anyone singing sectarian songs.

In an unprecedented move, a 35-strong snatch squad have been ordered by match commander Andy Bates to blitz the bigots. And he has laid down the law on which songs are considered illegal.

The chief superintendent said yesterday: "It's not for us to publish a list of banned songs. Some of them are instantly recognisable.

"If you sing the Billy Boys or the Famine Song, we'll arrest you.

"If you sing the Boys Of The Old Brigade, we'll arrest you and there have been convictions in court before where that song is concerned.

"If you sing a pop song like Simply The Best, but insert 'F*** the Pope and the IRA' in the middle of it, we'll arrest you for that as well.

"If you sing anything that's derisory about the Pope or the Queen, we'll consider that an arrestable offence."

A total of 400 officers will be on duty at Ibrox for the Easter Sunday match.

The crackdown will lead to banning orders being imposed on fans of both clubs to remove what police regard as the stain of sectarianism that's destroying Scotland's reputation worldw ide.

Bates said: "Banning orders can last up to 10 years and they're a helpful deterrent in our fight against sectarianism.

"It would be impractical to ban the Old Firm derby altogether or to play it behind closed doors.

"But this game is being watched throughout the world and I don't want any more reaction from people in Sydney or Wellington who've turned on their television sets and been shamed by what they've heard being sung by Old Firm fans."

He added: "The courts have come on board with us on this one.

"We've been doing a lot of work with the Crown Office and sheriffs have been attending Old Firm games to get a firm grip on what we're dealing with here."

Strathclyde's Chief Constable Stephen House attended a summit conference in Edinburgh last month chaired by Alex Salmond after the Old Firm Scottish Cup tie that saw three Rangers players sent off.

Coaches Neil Lennon and Ally McCoist also clashed on the touchline at Celtic Park that night and the TV images were shown around the world.

The Scottish Police Federation originally called for the oldest derby match in the world to be abolished altogether because of statistics linking the game to an increase in violence and domestic abuse.

But Bates said: "It would be impractical to talk about banning the Old Firm match when it's watched, and enjoyed, throughout the world.

"But we should be doing everything in our power to stop sectarian singing. It's on the increase again and I don't know why, but it's highly noticeable."

Before the last Old Firm league clash, the Record revealed that Bates had visited both clubs to warn the players and coaches about their behaviour.

He spoke to the Rangers squad at their Murray Park training ground near Milngavie and Celtic's staff at their Lennoxtown complex in an attempt to prevent a repeat of the ill-tempered Scottish Cup fifth round.

The stars were reminded of their "responsibilities" to behave themselves at Scotland's flashpoint derby.

And the players and bosses were also warned they faced arrest if their antics provoked the crowd.

Meanwhile, it has been revealed that the cost of policing the seventh Old Firm clash will push the Glasgow derby security bill through the £2million barrier for this season.

Strathclyde Police has already spent £1.6m on maintaining order at league matches involving the Old Firm.

The £2million cost of policing the Old Firm in one year.

Where do they say that?

"If you sing a pop song like Simply The Best, but insert 'F*** the Pope and the IRA' in the middle of it, we'll arrest you for that as well.

if thhey didnt mean the IRA but why would the mean it for the pope bit, and then in the next sentence say they will arrest you for songs against the pope too.

I love the line , We don't have to publish a list they should know , well forgive me but im not 100% sure what songs offened the fenians in this country , can i still sing my childhood favourite the hokey cokey or will that land me in the pokey ?

if thhey didnt mean the IRA but why would the mean it for the pope bit, and then in the next sentence say they will arrest you for songs against the pope too.

Aye, for abusing el peado you will get nicked, but am pretty sure the verbal provo-bashing is of no concern to the polis (not yet anyway).

You may get a breach of the peace charge for singing FTIRA, I wouldn't rule that out. If you get nicked, and they don't think a sectarian breach will stand up in court, a simple breach (with a fine at the top end of the scale) would be what I would expect. Depends on the arresting officer and the amount of common-sense he uses, or is allowed to use. Either way, it stinks.

POLICE will infiltrate the crowd at the next Old Firm clash - and arrest anyone singing sectarian songs.

The chief superintendent said yesterday: "It's not for us to publish a list of banned songs. Some of them are instantly recognisable.

"But this game is being watched throughout the world and I don't want any more reaction from people in Sydney or Wellington who've turned on their television sets and been shamed by what they've heard being sung by Old Firm fans."

Right! let's get this right: They are not saying the Billy Boys is banned...but they are going to arrest you for singing it anyway? For fuck sake! :wanker:

He then goes on to say that people from Sydney and Wellington were phoning up in outrage at songs sung in a game of football (that was shown about 2.00am) 20,000kms away?... Who the fuck is he trying to kid.

Well seeing as how the game is apparently going to be played on Easter Sunday, I hope all the Christians will be at prayers and not at a sectarian football match.

Now I know the filth will be outraged already at a game of football being played on a Christian event, so I hope all religous songs and chants are not used to agitate the opposition supporters.

I would suggest that, surely such songs as...'Always look on the bright side of Life' (as in TLoB) and 'Like a rolling Stone' wouldn't upset their ears,and get you arrested....Would they?...Naw surely not. :rolleyes:

Well seeing as how the game is apparently going to be played on Easter Sunday, I hope all the Christians will be at prayers and not at a sectarian football match.

Aye, troublemaking bastards the lot of them.

Right! let's get this right: They are not saying the Billy Boys is banned...but they are going to arrest you for singing it anyway? For fuck sake! :wanker:

He then goes on to say that people from Sydney and Wellington were phoning up in outrage at songs sung in a game of football (that was shown about 2.00am) 20,000kms away?... Who the fuck is he trying to kid.

Now I know the filth will be outraged already at a game of football being played on a Christian event, so I hope all religous songs and chants are not used to agitate the opposition supporters.

I would suggest that, surely such songs as...'Always look on the bright side of Life' (as in TLoB) and 'Like a rolling Stone' wouldn't upset their ears,and get you arrested....Would they?...Naw surely not. :rolleyes:

Think shug meant it wiz hiz rent bhoy sydney who was wearin wellingtons who complained. ! :rolleyes::sherlock:

"But we should be doing everything in our power to stop sectarian singing. It's on the increase again and I don't know why, but it's highly noticeable."

Surely even the police know it's because of that cunt Lennon breaking back the hatred?

This,

That's the silliest most ignorant statement yet from an officer of Glasgow polis, their concerned about people's reaction in Wellington and Sydney?

What the fuck, who pays their wages, I don't think it's anyone in Sydney or Wellington, and what the fuck have they got to do with our countries traditions.

Think shug meant it wiz hiz rent bhoy sydney who was wearin wellingtons who complained. ! :rolleyes::sherlock:

Aye! that would be more like it,BD (tu) Who the fuck in Sydney would be worrying about singsongs from a football match in Glagow at that time of a morning? :lol:

The pay tv mob (Foxtel & Austar) would be lucky to have 1.7million subscribers in the whole of Australia, and I'd say 99.9% of those would have no interest in football in general,and 99.999 of those who do watch football,couldn't give a fuck about Rangers or Celtic in particular,never mind what their supporters sing at one another.

Thank fuck I don't live in Scotland, or I'd be spending most of my life in Polis cells. :pipe:

This,

That's the silliest most ignorant statement yet from an officer of Glasgow polis, their concerned about people's reaction in Wellington and Sydney?

What the fuck, who pays their wages, I don't think it's anyone in Sydney or Wellington, and what the fuck have they got to do with our countries traditions.

Absolutely fuck all! Other countries have traditions that make me puke, but I wouldn't complain about them.

He should have heard the tunes getting pumped out during the Cup final :crabflute:

Aye! that would be more like it,BD (tu) Who the fuck in Sydney would be worrying about singsongs from a football match in Glagow at that time of a morning? :lol:

The pay tv mob (Foxtel & Austar) would be lucky to have 1.7million subscribers in the whole of Australia, and I'd say 99.9% of those would have no interest in football in general,and 99.999 of those who do watch football,couldn't give a fuck about Rangers or Celtic in particular,never mind what their supporters sing at one another.

Thank fuck I don't live in Scotland, or I'd be spending most of my life in Polis cells. :pipe:

The complaints all come from shug and his gang, speirs etc, guidi will be one of them as well, he's been on the telly recently giving his 'opinions.' :rolleyes: They are like two bit crooks they can't stay away from the scene of the crime. :sherlock:

guarantee this ends in disaster for the police.

they need evidence to convict, their word agaisnt yours ain't evidence.

i'll give it 2-3 games before everyone gets wise to the fact that they can sing what they want by simply covering their mouth from view.

then cue countless arrests with no convictions on lack of evidence or appeal.

great use of taxpayers money and plods time.

He should have heard the tunes getting pumped out during the Cup final :crabflute:

Never mind the Cup final...He would have had a fuckin heart attack if he had heard us giving Billy Boys and the Sash laldy for three days solid at the Sydney Football Stadium...and in the pubs and the streets of Sydney...and btw! I did not hear one person from the citizens of Sydney who had a complaint about our "sectarian" songs..In fact, a lot of people said we brightened up the place and loved it.