Banner at Old Firm game

Don81

I know I might get some abuse for this suggestion but I'll carry on regardless. I feel with things taking such a sinister turn with these bomb threats ( not accusing a Rangers fan of being behind it but it's obviously a possibility ) and with the usual bad press being directed at Rangers over the matter it might be an idea for one of the fan groups to create a banner condemning the actions of this mindless terrorist and show that the Rangers support en masse disagree with what is happening! The media are having a field day at the moment trying to link this to Rangers and Protestants in general , we need to show we are 100% against these acts.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I might get some abuse for this suggestion but I'll carry on regardless. I feel with things taking such a sinister turn with these bomb threats ( not accusing a Rangers fan of being behind it but it's obviously a possibility ) and with the usual bad press being directed at Rangers over the matter it might be an idea for one of the fan groups to create a banner condemning the actions of this mindless terrorist and show that the Rangers support en masse disagree with what is happening! The media are having a field day at the moment trying to link this to Rangers and Protestants in general , we need to show we are 100% against these acts.

Yes then we can sing 'If you sent Lennon bullets clap your hands' :rolleyes:

Why should there be?

It has nothing to do with The Rangers Football Club.

The media are doing their best to insinuate that we ( the Rangers support and even Protestants ) in this country agree with this lunatics campaign .. Was some arsehole on BBC earlier , Devine , I think his name was harking on about Anti catholic feeling etc and trying to tar us all with the same brush, we need to show we don't condone it and it is just the crazed work of a warped lunatic . Our clubs name is being dragged through the mud again because we are being linked to this .

The media are doing their best to insinuate that we ( the Rangers support and even Protestants ) in this country agree with this lunatics campaign .. Was some arsehole on BBC earlier , Devine , I think his name was harking on about Anti catholic feeling etc and trying to tar us all with the same brush, we need to show we don't condone it and it is just the crazed work of a warped lunatic . Our clubs name is being dragged through the mud again because we are being linked to this .

I condone the murder of Neil Lemmon :)

I think it would be good to see. This situation is something every football fan in the land should be united about. Everybody should be making it clear that this is unacceptable.

I understand that and completely agree but it shouldn't have to be made clear by the fans at the most important Old Firm game for years.

Also, it will seem a tad hypocritical after the banners taken down when Lennon will be receiving all sorts of abuse, and quite rightly.

I condone the murder of Neil Lemmon :)

Don't get me wrong I fucking hate the cunt more than most but it's all gone a bit far with this. What if some crazed tim started sending bombs to Mccoist in retaliation, would people still be seeing the funny side?