Gregg Wylde.. the new John Fleck?

Thommo

As we all know, when John Fleck broke into the first team there was a lot of hype and expectation surrounding him. IMO it was really unfair to put him under pressure from a young age and I think this could be a big factor in him failing to fulfil his potential so far.

As for Gregg Wylde.. I think he could be following in his footsteps. I like young Wylde and really hope he succeeds here. However, I have been quite disappointed so far (not sure what others think) especially with the hype surrounding him. I thought he played well against PSV but apart from that I haven't been impressed.

I'm aware he has only made around 8 appearances and I hope in time he turns into a key player for The Rangers. The same goes for Fleck.

Just to confirm.. I am not having a go at him, just want to know if others agree with me and what people think about him and Fleck.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wylde can be very proud of his performance today. Kept Wilson on the back foot and put in a dream ball that any good striker would gobble up.

IMO he did not deserve to start today as his last 4 performances were poor but he did well today and will go on to have a better career than Fleck.

Just PSV you must be having a fukin laugh. He tore Mark Wilson several new ones in the cup final. Also i cant remember fleck putting in ANY good good first team appearances. Wylde has already done this. I knd of feel bad for fleck because dealing with so much hypre so young must have been really tough he needs a good loan spell at a SPL club to see if he can really make an impact.

As we all know, when John Fleck broke into the first team there was a lot of hype and expectation surrounding him. IMO it was really unfair to put him under pressure from a young age and I think this could be a big factor in him failing to fulfil his potential so far.

As for Gregg Wylde.. I think he could be following in his footsteps. I like young Wylde and really hope he succeeds here. However, I have been quite disappointed so far (not sure what others think) especially with the hype surrounding him. I thought he played well against PSV but apart from that I haven't been impressed.

I'm aware he has only made around 8 appearances and I hope in time he turns into a key player for The Rangers. The same goes for Fleck.

Just to confirm.. I am not having a go at him, just want to know if others agree with me and what people think about him and Fleck.

If Lafferty had scored with the header we wouold have raved about the cross wylde put in today - played 8 games and doing well in a poor midfiled.

I know its harsh but I think he is pish.

Its not as if you see magical glimpses, he just wanders about the pitch and offers nothing defensively.

He put a decent cross in today but Lafferty made the cross with a great run.

I hope he picks it up but I just don't see much from him that makes me think he will be a player.

Wylde done well today , some good play , he just needs more confidence to go round the outside sometimes , think he was a bit scared to try and beat wilson on the outside and kept playing it safe. A really good talent, and certainly wasnt hyped up like fleck was, fleck was hyped up before he kicked a ball for the first team.

FFS looks an excellent prospect, sure someone said same about ness or hutton last week, i think some folks just think this will get a reaction or thhey are just clueless or expect way way too much from the youngsters. and yet some wanted more youngdters on the park this season, to be fair is it worth there while with critics like this

FFS looks an excellent prospect, sure someone said same about ness or hutton last week, i think some folks just think this will get a reaction or thhey are just clueless or expect way way too much from the youngsters. and yet some wanted more youngdters on the park this season, to be fair is it worth there while with critics like this

I think both Ness and Hutton are very good players. All I'm saying is I have not been overly impressed with Wylde yet and I did say I hope he succeeds here.

Wylde can be very proud of his performance today. Kept Wilson on the back foot and put in a dream ball that any good striker would gobble up.

IMO he did not deserve to start today as his last 4 performances were poor but he did well today and will go on to have a better career than Fleck.

Stop! You're making too much sense.

:craphead:

I know its harsh but I think he is pish.

Its not as if you see magical glimpses, he just wanders about the pitch and offers nothing defensively.

He put a decent cross in today but Lafferty made the cross with a great run.

I hope he picks it up but I just don't see much from him that makes me think he will be a player.

Rubbish.

The run across the defender towards the front post is what all strikers should be doing. Wylde put that ball in and Lafferty didn't have to break stride, just hit the target and it's 1-0.

It was a basic run but a wonderful ball into the box. A sitter!

thought the boy was doing alright,gave wilson the shiters with his pace and when wylde was taken off wilson got forward more

thought so.

i cant see wylde making it to be honest hes very very one dimensional.

Agree mate. I really hope he does make it, he has the attributes to become a really good winger (speed and a good delivery).

Some people had high expectations of Fleck when he just started and he has not yet delivered.. hope the same doesn't happen with Wylde.

Both players havent had enough games to be judged. Both need at desent run games in the first team. Wyldes done well for me so far,for me today especially in the second half Wylde didnt get enough of the ball to have a major impact on the game. didnt think he shouldve been subbed though we were more of a threat with big Kyle down the middle and Wylde out wide.

I just don't know with wylde sometimes I think their could be a player then other times he looks iffy but I just think he needs to add more stuff to his game then he will look the part, but he is defo better than fleck an has done more than fleck despite not being in the 1st as long. Something really needs to give with fleck.