UEFA Hearing - Rangers fined 40k euros + one away match fan ban

Aye. It's a tragedy of sorts that we do not have a single body to unite behind. I once placed my faith in the RST :rolleyes:

But, if we accept that The Rangers as a club cannot fight this because of likely exclusion and the support will not, then the reality is we get what we deserve.

Either way our greatest of clubs will progress, the nature of support will just have to change.

Specifically we need to be a bit more savvy in what we sing: a few tweaks to the wording of the 'offending' tunes but still keeping the original spirit behind them may be all that's needed. Unfortunately some fans are too proud to accept that we need to adapt, undoubtedly catalysed by the uneven treatment being dished out.

I hate that it's come to this myself - it makes my blood boil - but it beats losing our atmosphere, fans, and being fucked over with bans etc. Make no mistake however: we will continue to be targeted and must draw a line in the sand at some point.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Specifically we need to be a bit more savvy in what we sing: a few tweaks to the wording of the 'offending' tunes but still keeping the original spirit behind them may be all that's needed. Unfortunately some fans are too proud to accept that we need to adapt, undoubtedly catalysed by the uneven treatment being dished out.

I hate that it's come to this myself - it makes my blood boil - but it beats losing our atmosphere, fans, and being fucked over with bans etc. Make no mistake however: we will continue to be targeted and must draw a line in the sand at some point.

But would a few tweaks work???

Suppose a FARE rep is there and reports..'They sang TBB!'...tweaked words or not, these Ba*****s are out to get us!

UEFA rules state that no club can participate in their competitions whilst legal action is ongoing against them. Anybody who thinks that Rangers will go down this road is mistaken. I will be mightily surprised if they even appeal to the governing body over the ruling made yesterday.

Money is the only consideration with those at the top of the club.

This is true, but the club can surely still go to court of arbitration for sport which UEFA are part of and also, perhaps fan groups could take UEFA to a proper court rather than the club, not quite sure how that would work though.

There's people go to Euro away games and don't visit Ibrox once in the whole season........................................................................:anguish:

i know people who were in the city of manchester stadium who havent been to a game in 20 years.

But would a few tweaks work???

Suppose a FARE rep is there and reports..'They sang TBB!'...tweaked words or not, these Ba*****s are out to get us!

Have we been told yet what song in particular caused the charges? I assume it's generally reckoned to be TBB but I'd expect the committee would need solid proof on the table in order to take action, as opposed to mere accusations.

Have we been told yet what song in particular caused the charges? I assume it's generally reckoned to be TBB but I'd expect the committee would need solid proof on the table in order to take action, as opposed to mere accusations.

As usual, we'll be the last to know, if we're ever told.