Barry Ferguson - A proper Captain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6544363.stm

Just read this interview today which seems like a good assessment of our current position after hearing more illiterate drivel from Lennon on the radio this morning and the contrast made me realise how much ferguson has grown since 1st been given the captain when lets be honest he behaved at times like a daft wee ned. The way he has conducted himself on and off the field in this difficult season particularly the dignity with which he handled the le guen situation has proven him to be a great ambassador and captain for our club.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry has certainly grown out of his image of a daft wee ned in recent years! I like his interviews after games as he is always honest about what happened and he seems a lot more comfortable on camera now than he did in the past!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6544363.stm

Just read this interview today which seems like a good assessment of our current position after hearing more illiterate drivel from Lennon on the radio this morning and the contrast made me realise how much ferguson has grown since 1st been given the captain when lets be honest he behaved at times like a daft wee ned. The way he has conducted himself on and off the field in this difficult season particularly the dignity with which he handled the le guen situation has proven him to be a great ambassador and captain for our club.

Totally agree and nice to see people getting behind him hes been carrying the whole team this season.

Is this the same Captain, Who disobeyed the previous Manager, Formed a cleek, was stripped of the Captaincy, was almost sold and told the Rangers fans the league was not over even when we were 19 points off the lead?

Barry Ferguson will never be a great Captain, Just a great footballer.

Is this the same Captain, Who disobeyed the previous Manager, Formed a cleek, was stripped of the Captaincy, was almost sold and told the Rangers fans the league was not over even when we were 19 points off the lead?

Barry Ferguson will never be a great Captain, Just a great footballer.

And now returning to the real world if you believe everything you read in the gutter press thats your problem.

a think some people on here need too get aff his back he trys 100% every game

Some people need to wake up and realise our Captain isnt the great leader some make him out to be.

He's not a great captain, thats obvious.

But no-one (and that includes you) on here knows more about football than Advocaat, Souness, Hughes, McLeish, Vogts and Smith, all of whom have made Barry captain of their teams.

What are we expected to keep quiet when somebody posts complete rubbish?

He may well now try 100% in every game, but that does not make him a leader.

The best thing I can say about him as a Captain is that beside lennon he almost looks like one.

Real Captains like George Young will be turning in their graves.

Can I just ask...

I'm no trying to wind people up but how do yous know he isn't a good leader ?

I'm not for a minute suggesting he is, but do yous know him personally ?

Is it because he moans ? Did Roy Keane not ?

Like I say I'm not defending him, just curious as to why people don't think he's a good captain.

Some people need to wake up and realise our Captain isnt the great leader some make him out to be.

He's not a great captain, thats obvious.

But no-one (and that includes you) on here knows more about football than Advocaat, Souness, Hughes, McLeish, Vogts and Smith, all of whom have made Barry captain of their teams.

Does that make him a good Captain? Advocaat picked Barry as he was a young Scottish player with huge potentiel. The only reason he was made Captain in the first place was because Amoruso was stripped of the Captaincy.

Yes, A lot of Managers have gave him the Captaincy, But what has he actually done as Captain of Rangers, Blackburn and Scotland?

Captains are usually people players in the team look up to - Barry is a great player and the likes of Boyd, Burke, Hutton, Adam etc look up to him

They are usually players who are regulars in the team - Probably the first name on the team sheet

A graduate of the youth academy - Local boy leading a Scottish club (Only suitable candicate)

Being a player that the Manager does not want to lose usually results in a pay rise and the honour of being Captain - If Barry was not captain of Rangers, He would not be there. Even Blackburn gave him Captaincy to try and keep him.

I guess it was one of those Freudian slips you hear about.....

... you missed out le Guen,

Can I just ask...

Like I say I'm not defending him, just curious as to why people don't think he's a good captain.

Good post (tu)

Dont hold your breath though...

Can I just ask...

Good post (tu)

A good Captain would follow the Manager's instructions on how to play and how to behave off the field.

Can I just ask...

Good post (tu)

A good Captain would follow the Manager's instructions on how to play and how to behave off the field.

But how do you know he has not been told to play the way he does ?

What off-field behaviour ?

Like I said, I'm not defending him, I'm just curious.