Pat Nevin

Skelf

what was said?

Rob mclean brought up about their singing sectarian songs and nevin went on a rant saying he will bring it up every time they sing

Said same on sportscene last week after hearts game

what was said?

something like "alot of my friends are celtic fans and are claiming that rangers are worse, thats a load of nonesense, if your supporters are belting these songs out for all to hear they deserve to get humiliated, i dont care if its celtic hearts hibs or rangers if i hear it i will mention it and come down hard"

Rob mclean brought up about their singing sectarian songs and nevin went on a rant saying he will bring it up every time they sing

Said same on sportscene last week after hearts game

i heard the sportscene stuff, all good that its mentioned on air, less likely to be swept away

something like "alot of my friends are celtic fans and are claiming that rangers are worse, thats a load of nonesense, if your supporters are belting these songs out for all to hear they deserve to get humiliated, i dont care if its celtic hearts hibs or rangers if i hear it i will mention it and come down hard"

rubs eyes in disbelief

Saying that its funny it takes ages for someone to mention it, fair play to him all the same

Don't recall him saying this pre Craig Whyte.

I've always thought he was an ok pundit though.

Don't recall him saying this pre Craig Whyte.

I've always thought he was an ok pundit though.

I've always said that about nevin, he talks some amount of pish sometimes but he's harmless enough.

Are you sure that wasn't a CGI nevin at that point ... I find it really hard to believe the real thing would say that :rolleyes:

I dont mind him. Was pleasently suprised when he had a go at the tims on last weeks Sportscene, he may be a supporter of them but at least he is not blinkered about the shite their fans sing, good on him!