Rangers must get in line to lure Mpenza

Muff

The mhedia in Scotland ae absolutely clueless.

Emile Mpenza admits he is close to signing a long-term contract with Manchester City.

The Belgium international has impressed for City since joining the club on a short-term deal in February and has scored twice in five starts.

Stuart Pearce is keen for the striker to stay at the club and talks were held with his representatives earlier in the week.

The discussions appear to have been positive as Mpenza has confirmed that he is near to signing a permanent deal with City.

Mpenza admits that, if money were a factor, he would have stayed in Qatar, but is happy to pledge his future to the Premiership side.

"In my mind, I am already with City," the 28-year-old told the Manchester Evening News.

"Only the fine details need to be sorted out now.

"It is not about money, otherwise I would have stayed in Qatar.

"I will never forget that it was City and Stuart Pearce who gave me my chance in England.

"If it was up to me, I would sign for five or six years. I like the city, the team and the coach. He saw me twice and he showed faith in me. I want to repay that."

I'd of been happy to take Mpenza on a free. Punt Sebo and Novo and bring in 2 more strikers.

Why are people so keen to get rid of Novo?

Id keep him around for a while, he has determination and alot of pace, and till we get some players like him, but with more skill, he can do a job for us. :pipeguy: