David Vaughan tempted by Rangers move as club make approach

scottjf82

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he any good though? Blackpool did get relegated. I have my doubts this will happen if he is so well sought after too. Too many EPL or Championship teams can offer better wages.

Yes he is

David Vaughan, on a bosman would be a good signing IMO.

Mentioned him a few times over the course of this season, and he is certainly a player I'd like to see at The Rangers.

Can play on the left of midfield and in a cetral position. Hard working, has decent ability, good passer of a ball and has good delivery... lacks pace though.

Mentioned him a few times over the course of this season, and he is certainly a player I'd like to see at The Rangers.

Can play on the left of midfield and in a cetral position. Hard working, has decent ability, good passer of a ball and has good delivery... lacks pace though.

Good to have you back, Muff.

Is he any good though? Blackpool did get relegated. I have my doubts this will happen if he is so well sought after too. Too many EPL or Championship teams can offer better wages.

Blackpool got relegated because of there shocking defending..They let in something like 90 goals. He is a quality player and a perfect foil for Davis.

Scotland actually have the makings of a very good midfield, a decent forward line and a world class goalie.

Defence and a manager and this could eb one of the best Scotland teams in years....but i digress...

Shame that Levein is the Scotland Manager though.

It's one of the few things that myself and GCL agree on, but I hate this weaning over Charlie Adam. He stole a wage from us and it's not Rangers fault that his self discipline was verging on the pathetic. Lovely guy, absolutely golden, but we've not struggled without him.

Alongside Vaughan, he IS a standout in that Blackpool team, but has anyone actually watched them a lot this year? As much as he's scored a lot of goals and done brilliantly for them, a harsh look (which I oft provide :pipe: ) would suggest that he wasn't all that great.

I've probably lost count of how many times I've seen him lose the ball from trying some ridiculous 90 yard pass when a simple ten yard pass was on, and it cost Blackpool something like four goals in three weeks towards the end of the season if I remember correctly. How would Blackpool have done if it wasn't for Adam losing possession in those important areas?

His tackling is fucking wretched as well.

I agree on everything barring him being a lovely guy!

i hear congratulations are in order.

congratulations.

have you met him.

he did alot of stuff for my mates team and i would say lovely guy was exactly the correct description.

According to Boab he's a scumbag because he once parked in a disabled parking space. :lol:

Exclusive by Kenny MacDonald

May 29, 2011

Rangers will face a battle with three Premiership clubs for Blackpool midfielder David Vaughan.

Ally McCoist has targetted the battling Welshman, who's out of contract at relegated Blackpool.

But the 28-year-old is also wanted by Everton, West Brom and Sunderland.

If there was an offer I'd have to consider it

Vaughan - who faced Scotland in the Carling Nations Cup in midweek - said: "My agent has spoken to a few clubs in the Premiership as well as Rangers. At the moment it's just talks, there's no offer on the table.

"I know Rangers are a massive club. It would be great to have the chance to play for them.

"I was surprised when my agent told me there was interest from Rangers. It's pleasing to have that from such a massive club and if there was an offer I'd have to consider it.

"Playing Champions League football is obviously something I'd have to take into consideration.

"It's probably the biggest decision of my life.

"I'm not resigned to leaving Blackpool. I'm going to speak to them again when I get back from international duty. But ideally I'd want to make a decision in the next week or two."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/nol_scottish/nol_scottish_sport/1309149/Rangers-Blackpool-David-Vaughan.html