Kenny MacAskill Clears up what Songs Rangers fans can sing

I agree. Let's all stick together and not sing them and get the club in trouble until somebody proves to us they can beat the rap because "they can not and will not be stopped"

Didn't Doncaster state that teams wouldn't be punished for 'sectarian' singing?

Didn't Doncaster state that teams wouldn't be punished for 'sectarian' singing?

No. He said that they would find it hard if the clubs are showing they are doing as much as they can. The SFA are trying to get the powers back though and this stance won't last long. I can't for the life of me work out why, the people who believe there is no case and nothing wrong with the songs just don't go out and prove it..

No. He said that they would find it hard if the clubs are showing they are doing as much as they can. The SFA are trying to get the powers back though and this stance won't last long. I can't for the life of me work out why, the people who believe there is no case and nothing wrong with the songs just don't go out and prove it..

So, singing TBB in the first match of the new season wouldn't result in any form of punishment for Rangers, despite what you stated previously. Good to hear. (tu)

All im asking is for a list of songs deemed offensive for all scottish clubs then we know where we stand.

for instance cheer up neil lennon was sung at rugby park I have seen nor heard anywhere that, that is offensive and has been put on a banned list.

is it offensive only if you say you are up to your knees in irish terrorist blood and not when your asking them to cheer up and vice versa at the BJKcamp where 50000 where singing in the sectarian hate crime ditty to sir walter nothing was said.

The Celtic fans where wonderful on that day by all acounts.

So, singing TBB in the first match of the new season wouldn't result in any form of punishment for Rangers, despite what you stated previously. Good to hear. (tu)

You cant say that for definite. (tu)

But to summarise:

Rangers FC dont want the fans singing it and have asked us NOT to because it reflects bad on the club, has got them in trouble with UEFA and could end up getting them in trouble with SFA.

The Police dont want the fans singing it because it is illegal as proven in a Scottish court of law.

But you are sure they are both wrong, and you are so sure, you want to hide away amongst 1000 or so other folk and sing it on the likelihood you wont get in trouble personally, instead of puting your money where your mouth is and proving once and for all that in Scotland, it is ok to sing about "fenians"

:rolleyes:

All im asking is for a list of songs deemed offensive for all scottish clubs then we know where we stand.

for instance cheer up neil lennon was sung at rugby park I have seen nor heard anywhere that, that is offensive and has been put on a banned list.

is it offensive only if you say you are up to your knees in irish terrorist blood and not when your asking them to cheer up and vice versa at the BJKcamp where 50000 where singing in the sectarian hate crime ditty to sir walter nothing was said.

The Celtic fans where wonderful on that day by all acounts.

Dont know how many times i need to say this, but they cant give you a list. As soon as they issue a list, some smart dick bastardises another song then claims "its not on the list"

Its SIMPLE though. REALLY REALLY SIMPLE.

No FTP or FTQ or anything related to either(against rather than for). No IRA, UVF, RA or YCV. No Fenian or h*** or Orange Bastards or somesuch. No telling people to go home, no matter how stupid/crass/shite the racist argument is on the subject.

There. 99% of everything else will be fine, unless people deliberately create new offensive songs to fly under the radar which would only serve to highlight the real intentions of people.

(tu)

in the second one they qoute bishop devine

In September 2002 Bishop Devine said "Denominational education is an enabler of sectarianism", also ""Roman Catholic schooling is divisive - sometimes it's a price worth paying".

A price worth paying by who?

Mark Scott?

You cant say that for definite. (tu)

But to summarise:

Rangers FC dont want the fans singing it and have asked us NOT to because it reflects bad on the club, has got them in trouble with UEFA and could end up getting them in trouble with SFA.

The Police dont want the fans singing it because it is illegal as proven in a Scottish court of law.

But you are sure they are both wrong, and you are so sure, you want to hide away amongst 1000 or so other folk and sing it on the likelihood you wont get in trouble personally, instead of puting your money where your mouth is and proving once and for all that in Scotland, it is ok to sing about "fenians"

:rolleyes:

I'm well aware of what those at the head of the club wanted. As for the police, they have repeatedly shown that they couldn't care about what is sung at a match. For an educated man you seem to be having trouble in seeing that things which are tolerated at a football match wouldn't be acceptable in say a church, a library or a police station.

It's not that they don't care, they understand that public safety is at risk if they move in en masse to arrest people.

As for the scene of the "crime" well if people are so super confident that there is nothing wrong with singing Fenian, then it stands that doing it in a police office, a school, a church or a football stadium matters not a jot.

If it's not sectarian and not illegal, you will not be charged and not convicted. If I stood in front of a police officer and sung "penny arcade" or "bohemian rhapsody" in a non threatening manner, would I find myself in front of the procurator fiscal?

It's not that they don't care, they understand that public safety is at risk if they move in en masse to arrest people.

As for the scene of the "crime" well if people are so super confident that there is nothing wrong with singing Fenian, then it stands that doing it in a police office, a school, a church or a football stadium matters not a jot.

If it's not sectarian and not illegal, you will not be charged and not convicted. If I stood in front of a police officer and sung "penny arcade" or "bohemian rhapsody" in a non threatening manner, would I find myself in front of the procurator fiscal?

quite right im of to ma local plod shop singing "Paddy McCourts Fenian army"

why is it not Neil Lennons BTW

So we've now established that the likelihood of arrest for singing at the football is minimal, plus the likelihood of the club facing sanctions, Europe apart, is also minimal. So basically, don't sing it in the street in front of the cops.

So we've now established that the likelihood of arrest for singing at the football is minimal, plus the likelihood of the club facing sanctions, Europe apart, is also minimal. So basically, don't sing it in the street in front of the cops.

Its minimal at the BJKcamp 1 a season i hear

We've also established that you are half chicken, half sheep. (tu)

I'm hoping to have some more on this 'Sectarianism Bill' this week.

This is being fast-tracked by no friends of ours and danger lies ahead unless we continue to take great care in what we sing at football games.