Jelavic In Europe

Some people are seriously over-estimating the influence he will have on our European exploits. He is one man and he can't do it all on his own.

Trust me im not over-estimating, simply just excited to see him put against quality oposition. With Naismith feeding him ammo i fear nothing. Except Barcelona. And Kaunas...

No point having a quality striker if you can't give him service or are isolating him during games. I hope Rangers bring in a quality strike partner for Jelavic and a left-winger of quality. A battling central midfielder and we'll see a lot more from Davis too.

It's all about the service he gets. It will be interesting to see him in Europe, he's not a poacher, he does alot of his work out of the box. We need a striker who gets 1 chance, and scores. In the games we've seen Jelavic, he can take a few chances before he scores, we can't afford that in Europe. With the way we play, 1 chance is sometimes all we get.

It's all about the service he gets. It will be interesting to see him in Europe, he's not a poacher, he does alot of his work out of the box. We need a striker who gets 1 chance, and scores. In the games we've seen Jelavic, he can take a few chances before he scores, we can't afford that in Europe. With the way we play, 1 chance is sometimes all we get.

So what you're saying regarding chances is... he's a mere mortal? like 99% of strikers he can require a couple of chances on goal.

Difference between Jelavic and a lot of other strikers is that he can get himself in the positions to get these chances or create his own chances.

We cannot rely on him on his own of course. I mean we had guys like Laudrup etc and it shows that it requires a team effort.

So what you're saying regarding chances is... he's a mere mortal? like 99% of strikers he can require a couple of chances on goal.

Difference between Jelavic and a lot of other strikers is that he can get himself in the positions to get these chances or create his own chances.

We cannot rely on him on his own of course. I mean we had guys like Laudrup etc and it shows that it requires a team effort.

Just trying to bring some people back down to earth. Some are expecting too much of him in Europe, before we've even seen him kick a ball for us at that level.

What he appears to be saying is that he needs a poacher to partner him. A natural finisher who instinctively gets in to the right areas within the box.

What he appears to be saying is that he needs a poacher to partner him. A natural finisher who instinctively gets in to the right areas within the box.

Would be interesting to see who that could be. I'm not even sure Goodwillie is that guy.