Boyd And Jelavic

Vodka

Can't understand how people can say it wouldn't work with such confidence. Plenty of pairings look great on paper and then end up being crap and the opposite is true. There's every chance Boyd and Jelavic would be a fantastic pairing. Miller and Boyd worked alright and Jela is better than Miller in every area other than his pace which i'm not convinced is the key to Boyd's goals.

Can't understand how people can say it wouldn't work with such confidence. Plenty of pairings look great on paper and then end up being crap and the opposite is true. There's every chance Boyd and Jelavic would be a fantastic pairing. Miller and Boyd worked alright and Jela is better than Miller in every area other than his pace which i'm not convinced is the key to Boyd's goals.

Jelavic could probably make a partnership with Egil Ostenstad work, he's that good

Boyd is a lazy, slow, chubby, technically inept 28 year old who doesn't interest me in the slightest

He had his time, scored a lot of goals, couldn't do it in big games, and that's that

Since Boyd scored those 5 goals against Dundee United in December 2009, Lafferty has actually scored more goals than him

20 in 67 for Lafferty

19 in 60 for Boyd

Considering how many of those 67 games Lafferty played on the left wing, it neutralises Boyd's marginally better ratio

You must be having a laugh Irwin comparing big Kyle's stats against Boyd's, before he came to the Rangers he played 83 games for Burnley and scored 10 goals whats the excuse for that? he should never be at Ibrox and I'm NOT sticking up for Boyd I personally wouldn't have him back at the club (this post will go doon well at the xmas fucking party :lol: )

You must be having a laugh Irwin comparing big Kyle's stats against Boyd's, before he came to the Rangers he played 83 games for Burnley and scored 10 goals whats the excuse for that? he should never be at Ibrox and I'm NOT sticking up for Boyd I personally wouldn't have him back at the club (this post will go doon well at the xmas fucking party :lol: )

he was younger less experience at the time and playd out wide alot for burnley

You're judging Lafferty on his stats before he came here, rather than his stats since he arrived? Seems awfully harsh to me, and I'm not exactly Kyle's biggest fan!

Come on Kev you have to admit he's not done the business since he came to the club, I'm not keen on him but I would never slate him the way some people do, I've nothing against the big guy I'm just pointing out the facts, in my opinion he's not good enough to play for the Rangers but its just my opinion I'm sure there's fans who do rate him

he was younger less experience at the time and playd out wide alot for burnley

As I said to Kev I've nothing against the big man but he hasn't been the success I thought he'd be, if he continues the form he showed at the end of last the season, this season coming and I mean right through the season (three seasons in two lines :lol: ) then I will owe you an apology as I take it your a fan of the big man

As I said to Kev I've nothing against the big man but he hasn't been the success I thought he'd be, if he continues the form he showed at the end of last the season, this season coming and I mean right through the season (three seasons in two lines :lol: ) then I will owe you an apology as I take it your a fan of the big man

yo wont owe me an apology m8 . we all know he hasnt had the best of career at rangers YET :D just sticking up for a fellow ulsterman :uk:

He's not consistantly done the job, but he has performed at times and there's no denying that. The stats you've dismissed say a lot as well. Even a poor Lafferty has scored more in the last year and a half than Boyd has.

We'll see how things go for him this season Kev I do hope he proves me wrong

yo wont owe me an apology m8 . we all know he hasnt had the best of career at rangers YET :D just sticking up for a fellow ulsterman :uk:

Hey your quite right to stick up for him mate (tu) I've family from Ulster they probably wouldn't be happy if I was having a go at the big man :lol: I really hope he proves me wrong this season, and on that note I'll leave it there :uk:

Kris Boyd grew up supporting Rangers. He got the dream move from Killie to Rangers. He got taught off of his all time Rangers up-front idol - Ally McCoist. Rangers developed him as a player, gave him the oppurtunity to play in europe and win trophies and how does he repay the team he loves ..... he fucks of to teeside on a free to play for MIDDLESBOROUGH. Was a good goalscorer when he was here but now his career is in the toilet. What way is that to show loyalty to the club which practically mad you ?

Lafferty is a much better all round player than Boyd

I don't want Boyd back but come on.....

Lafferty is pish and an arsehole to boot. Walter fucked up big time spending that amount of money on him.

Lafferty is pish and an arsehole to boot. Walter fucked up big time spending that amount of money on him.

We would've made the Lafferty money back on Boyd if he hadn't rejected a move to a better club than the one he joined

There's nothing to "come on" about. Lafferty is quite clearly a more talented footballer than Boyd.

Kyle Lafferty is a better footballer than Kris Boyd, and I think Lafferty was daft, but is also young and I think he's turning the corner now, hopefully impending fatherhood will help, it should do.

Also, Lafferty doesn't moan and bitch when he doesn't get selected/plays out of position. Unlike Boyd.

We would've made the Lafferty money back on Boyd if he hadn't rejected a move to a better club than the one he joined

There's nothing to "come on" about. Lafferty is quite clearly a more talented footballer than Boyd.

I don't think that is the case at all. Lafferty is ok at most things but not great at any one particular thing. Boyd at least is a great penalty box striker albeit with huge limitations everywhere else.

Ideally I wouldn't have either Lafferty or Boyd at Rangers. Neither are good enough IMHO. Unfortunately we wouldn't recoup a quarter of the ridiculous transfer fee we paid for Lafferty so we're probably stuck with him for now.