Gers Quiet On Goodwillie

rangersxfc

Dundee United have claimed Rangers have not contacted the club about the availability of striker David Goodwillie since 20th June.

The Scotland striker is believed to be available for a fee in the region of £2million, with English Championship sides Cardiff City and Blackpool also interested.

Goodwillie, 22, earned a call-up to the senior national squad for a friendly match against the Faroe Islands in November, and made his international debut as a substitute in the 3-0 win.

He signed a one-year extension to his current contract in March to tie him to Tannadice until 2013 and the club are keen to keep hold of their prized asset.

A statement on the club's official website read: "Due to recent media speculation, chairman Stephen Thompson has issued the following statement.

"We have had no contact with Rangers FC since Monday 20th June and have not received a bid from them for David Goodwillie."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11794_7008960,00.html

a agree m8 why did Dundee United come out and say it for what do they gain from it

Thomson clearly wants to appease the fans and twist the knife further into Rangers. He knows the uproar that some Rangers fans will raise upon reading that.

Thompson is a tit and is trying to force our hand

Exactly, the 20th was only 8 days ago, and rangers haven't said they've been in touch since. Is it maybe the case DW has said he's not interested in cardiff or anybody else except rangers and thompson is trying his luck, no info by the way, just thinking out loud

Mccoist said yesterday we are still in for Goodwillie while we have made no contact for one week and they are talking to two other clubs,I wonder why we are suprised no-one is signing.Even Danns agent said over the weekend Rangers need to get a move on if they want to sign him.

Really makes you wonder if Johnston was right when he wanted guarentees for the transfer funds.Something strange going on

Thompson is getting desperate , no one else is interested in buying him because they to would have made an offer. I think he would be a good signing at £1.5m as he could be in jail in weeks and thats why Thompson is getting desperate .

Also , we have been screwed by Dundee Utd for years and this should be remembered the next time they come sniffing for one of our rejects .............

Thompson is getting desperate , no one else is interested in buying him because they to would have made an offer. I think he would be a good signing at £1.5m as he could be in jail in weeks and thats why Thompson is getting desperate .

Also , we have been screwed by Dundee Utd for years and this should be remembered the next time they come sniffing for one of our rejects .............

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110622/mcgregor-not-for-sale_2254024_2380141

"The Light Blues have made offers for Carlos Cuellaer and David Goodwillie and have a number of other signing targets."

The above is from the link from the official site. So WTF is going on?

DU are very very desperate to sell him end off.

they have been whoring out to any club that will listen for a year now and they still havnt recieved a decent offer for him . just shows how good he really is . overrated in the extreme !!!!

Dundee United clearly want rid if he is going

They are in the same position as us, needing half a team of new players, and they need our £££ to push on with that

It looks a dangerous game from us, as it leaves us open to competition swooping in for him, but if it works and we get the price knocked down it will have been a great move

I seem to recall before the end of last season Thompson saying they would have to sell Players to finance Dundee Hibs for the next season.Goodwillie is probably the only saleable asset they have so clearly they need the money and the sooner the better.I think we are playing the patience game here and watching to see what, if any, bids they get.I thought we had offered 1.2 million and if that is true then maybe that is what they will have to accept.Thompson is trying to auction him but so far nobody is biting.