Weir To Stay On..

Iakona

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cmon I see weir as a leader we've lost a leader in SWS last thing we need is a to lose our leader in the dressing room which is were I see Weirs biggest contribusion being this year

He strolled the last 12 games last year he is still good enough to play his part I stress part we need cover IMO David this year is cover he is our captain I'm glad of that when he dosnt play give it to big al or Davis they won't mind captain in this day and age is a nonnissue anyway

IMO bougy is off and king Carlos will be back and we must get Bartley he's the future as far as I'm concerned

On a side note we must not panic about resigning players this squad get it done we will add we will improve as a team I'm convinced off it I'm also sure Hutton ness wylde cole and even fleck will fill our squad out we only need a few player Bartley or and depending on the bougy Carlos is essential a attacking midfielder and a striker 20 players is enough for the spl europe is offcaurse different but that's another debate

Aye he'll fill the squad out alright, seen him the other day and he certainly looked a bit heavier.

He needs to step up, id say this season is vital for him.

I think we may be shitting ourselves by the lack of incoming players so we tie up 3 of the deadwoods to keep up the numbers. Nah all seriousness Weir as back-up will be quite sensible.

Im not so sure mate, can you imagine him not getting a game for 2 or 3 months them gettin thrown back in? If he signs on again id guess he'll remain our captain and 1st choice centre half.

This happens every summer. I remember the majority of folk on FF being absolutely raging when Weir was given another year after his first 6 months. I think the possibility of him randomly falling apart at 41 when he was totally fine at 37, 38, 39, 40 is very remote. If you look at his performances in the final 2 months of last season, he has in no way declined.

Follow Follow always rages about anything Rangers as its chock full of taigs.

I know everyone says that he was outstanding in the last two months of last season - and he absolutely was - but some of his performances before that against teams who got the ball down and ran at him were worrying.

If anything, proving that he CAN'T play a full season non-stop. I just worry that Weir staying means that he's the first name on the teamsheet again because I don't think we can get away with it this year.

I know everyone says that he was outstanding in the last two months of last season - and he absolutely was - but some of his performances before that against teams who got the ball down and ran at him were worrying.

If anything, proving that he CAN'T play a full season non-stop. I just worry that Weir staying means that he's the first name on the teamsheet again because I don't think we can get away with it this year.

it was half a dozen bad games including a bout of food poisoning.

Considering the gulf in quality of both old firm goalies too, what was the shut out comparison between both clubs like? Surely with SDoW and the Uk's number one in our back 5 we would have more shut outs and the least amount of goals conceded over a season too.

Any stats statos?

29 goals in 38 games is a shitload?

Ten more goals than we conceded in the last two seasons, it's quite an increase for us.

Our defence, outwith the last two months, has been nowhere near as solid as it usually is.

Let me say at the outset that I have no difficulty with Ally resigning Weir, Healy and Kerkar - even if the latter two have made little or no contribution to the 'cause'. My real concern rests with our apparant inability to sign any NEW faces.

Before someone accuses me of spreading panic and hysteria, I should say that those days are far behind me - at 57 I'm quite philosophic about these things. If we sign someone, I'll be happy, if not I'll remain concerned!

All indications are that Ceullar will remain at Villa; Wilson may be used by Liverpool as a 'makeweight' in other transfer dealings and Bartley's position vis a vis Rangers is 'fluid' because of the uncertainty at Arsenal.

Our bids for Goodwillie & Wallace(neither of whom I rate particularly highly, although I acknowledge that many of you do)are not finding favour, and the assault charge against Goodwillie does not fill me with confidence should be eventually arrive at Ibrox. However, I believe the Club is right not to meet the grossly inflated valuations for Goodwillie & Wallace and, if we are unable to strike a reasonable deal, we should withdraw.

It may be that we have many other 'irons in the fire' that we are all unaware of and, if so, I trust they will remain that way. However, I am not persauded that is the case. Indeed, it strikes me that we have 'outed' our targets at a very early stage, particularly if you consider the Hemed, Danns and Conway cases. It would seem that we are unable to keep these matters in confidence.

Realistically, there is an argument for meeting the Villa valuation of 3 million for Cuellar to ensure that we capture him, particularly as he is considered by Ally et al to be THE 'marquee' target for the Club and in light of the proximity of the Champions League qualifers.

No, we shouldn't panic, but I would like to see a little more determination and urgency. Let's not lose sight of the fact that the CL Group Stage is imperative for us financially - regardless of the recent takeover. It would be good to have added some quality and strength before the CL qualifier on 26/27 July. 3 1/2 weeks during which anything could happen - but I would rather it was sooner rather than later!

Yay, we can play that dumpling McCulloch infront of him as well... can't wait.

If he signs a deal, then hopefully he is not a first team regular. You can mention the final few weeks of the season, but Weir, along with the defence and midfield was poor for long spells of last season.

This paves the way to get Boughie out the door hopefully,if this is true anyway.

Weir can ease a new centre half in unless it's Bartley or Cuellar who have been there before.

I was one of the guys calling for Weir to step down but it's probably not a good idea to get rid of him and Bougherra at the same time.

This paves the way to get Boughie out the door hopefully,if this is true anyway.

Weir can ease a new centre half in unless it's Bartley or Cuellar who have been there before.

I was one of the guys calling for Weir to step down but it's probably not a good idea to get rid of him and Bougherra at the same time.

If Bougherra goes we need two new central defenders, and players already at the club do not count!