Mccoist: "we Need Bodies In"

Goianegra

Ally McCoist believes reigning Scottish Premier League champions Rangers require numbers rather than marquee signings.

New Gers boss McCoist has inherited a paper-thin squad from Walter Smith, and the new season is fast approaching.

Bringing fresh faces on board is a priority at Ibrox, with it difficult to see how the club could handle competing on multiple fronts with their current first-team selection.

McCoist acknowledges that he must dip into the transfer market over the coming weeks, but admits he is working to a tight budget.

With that in mind, he believes quantity is more important than quality and has warned Gers supporters not to expect any big-money arrivals.

No panic

"We need to get bodies in rather than spend everything on one position again," said McCoist.

"That would be madness.

"We need too many players to do that again. Our four loan players - Vladimir Weiss, Kyle Bartley, El Hadji Diouf and Ricky Foster are all away and we had a small squad before that.

"We don't need to panic because we know what we need and we have targets. It depends on finance and what we can afford.

"The first thing we need to do is strengthen defensively, but the scouting boys here have been brilliant and built up a good portfolio of players."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7016224,00.html

"The scouting boys here have been brilliant." I wonder.

If the Fucking scouts were doing there job properly we could get Quality at bargin prices but no! Our scouts seem to be limiting themselves to SPL games and Championship games what a joke honestly i cant see anyone of real quality being signed this summer

If the Fucking scouts were doing there job properly we could get Quality at bargin prices but no! Our scouts seem to be limiting themselves to SPL games and Championship games what a joke honestly i cant see anyone of real quality being signed this summer

Aye that must be why we tried to sign Hemed. :rolleyes:

McCoist does not say "We need quantity over quality" and quoting him saying that is incredibly misleading and unfair.

Sub heading in the article: "Gers boss placing more important on quantity than quality"

Your a mod, can't you change it if it bothers you. Could also sort my grammar for me :lol:

I said it yesterday and I will say it again, we appear to be have no focus, constant sound bites repeated over and over, action would be a refreshing change, or silence until something positive is to be said or to happen.

Didn't McCoist say that he had seen a lot of players in Argentina but thathe was not expecting to do any business?

He did indeed mate, and he was there with Bomber.

Honestly, what is the issue on here with all the outright hatred for Rangers men who want the best for the club? NM and JB are working to what they are told. They have been all over Europe more than once, were at the U21 Euro' etc, so to say they do nothing is a lie and misleading at best.

On top of all that if the Gaffer says, aye he's great but I don't think he's worth X, then thats that.

It's just turned Julyy FFS - calm down troops.

A non story really, obviously he is going to try and sign the best quality available within our budget, if we only needed 1 player then he could blow it all on one player but we need at least 5 players so he has to find players who are of good quality but not well known enough to command a large fee.

Settle down flower!

A scouts job is to identify targets, its not there fault if the chairman, chief exec, manager etc cant secure there signing!

Most players dont come back to pre-season training for another week or so and in the coming weeks there will DEFINITELY be some new signings!

Clearly you must have missed the article saying that John Gregory recommended him to us!

So because some guy says a player is good we just go and sign them??

We will still have sent people (scouts) over to look at the guy and see if he would add to the team. Who cares where we hear about them if there identified as a good addition to the team chances are our scouting team will be highly invovled!

So because some guy says a player is good we just go and sign them??

We will still have sent people (scouts) over to look at the guy and see if he would add to the team. Who cares where we hear about them if there identified as a good addition to the team chances are our scouting team will be highly invovled!

Edu and Cuellar. Im sure Cousin was recommended too.

You said would we sign a player simply on a recommendation, the answer is YES!

Of course we wouldnt!

So someone phones Ally and says, this boy "insert player name" is a player, he phones Whyte and says buy "insert player name" without hesitation? Not a chance!

As i said in the 2nd part of the post you quoted, regardless of how we were made aware of the player we would still have went to see them to see if the would fit into the team and that is something that more like than not our scouting team would be invovled in!

Of course we wouldnt!

So someone phones Ally and says, this boy "insert player name" is a player, he phones Whyte and says buy "insert player name" without hesitation? Not a chance!

As i said in the 2nd part of the post you quoted, regardless of how we were made aware of the player we would still have went to see them to see if the would fit into the team and that is something that more like than not our scouting team would be invovled in!

It has happened in the past and may happen again. I have given you 3 examples off the top of my head, there is obviously more.

Is that right? How many times, games and weeks and months did we scout Edu before blowing £2.8m on him? <cr>

Scouting team, at Rangers :lol:doh

It has happened in the past and may happen again. I have given you 3 examples off the top of my head, there is obviously more.

Is that right? How many times, games and weeks and months did we scout Edu before blowing £2.8m on him? <cr>

Scouting team, at Rangers :lol:doh

I dont know if your missing the point here or if your just stupid...

Of your 3 examples it was on a said "scouting" trip to watch Osasuna that we spotted and then reported back on Cuellar...Cousin's situation was well known to most teams, the guy couldn't even play at home games because the fans hated him and his agent, Willie the cunt mackay, touted him around.

With Edu i remember Mo JOhnston saying he was a good player and saying that he would be good for Rangers but i cant remember anyone actually advising Rangers to sign him? And in fact this quote again would go to show that we did watch Edu before signing him, for a year actually!!

And Johnston revealed: "Rangers have been interested in him for a year now.

"Walter approached the MLS last season and was told no, but Walter had him watched in the Olympics and playing for Toronto and have done due diligence on Mo. Fortunately it has worked out very well for him."

The very fact that our manager has came out and said that our scouts have been looking at players surely means that they have, i dont know why anyone would suggest they havent...

Again, regardless of how we were made aware of a player ( Adam Owen recommending Bougherra) there is no doubt we would have found out more about the player and his ability before actually signing him.