Mccoist: "we Need Bodies In"

Goianegra

I dont know if your missing the point here or if your just stupid...

Of your 3 examples it was on a said "scouting" trip to watch Osasuna that we spotted and then reported back on Cuellar...Cousin's situation was well known to most teams, the guy couldn't even play at home games because the fans hated him and his agent, Willie the cunt mackay, touted him around.

With Edu i remember Mo JOhnston saying he was a good player and saying that he would be good for Rangers but i cant remember anyone actually advising Rangers to sign him? And in fact this quote again would go to show that we did watch Edu before signing him, for a year actually!!

And Johnston revealed: "Rangers have been interested in him for a year now.

"Walter approached the MLS last season and was told no, but Walter had him watched in the Olympics and playing for Toronto and have done due diligence on Mo. Fortunately it has worked out very well for him."

The very fact that our manager has came out and said that our scouts have been looking at players surely means that they have, i dont know why anyone would suggest they havent...

Again, regardless of how we were made aware of a player ( Adam Owen recommending Bougherra) there is no doubt we would have found out more about the player and his ability before actually signing him.

Googles amazing isnt it.

Aug 16 2008

RANGERS boss Walter Smith says he will push ahead with moves to bring American midfielder Maurice Edu to Ibrox despite signing Pedro Mendes.

The 22-year-old has just finished representing the USA at the Olympics and Rangers are trying to obtain a work permit for the player.

Edu was recommended to them by their former striker Maurice Johnston, now his manager at Toronto Blizzard in the MLS.

Smith said: "We asked Mo if he thought there were any players in the American league he thought would do well over here and he recommended Edu.

"The MLS, who own all of the players, are happy for him to come to Scotland.

"We're in the final stages of tying things up but we still have to apply for the work permit.

See how easy it is to find something to suit any side of an argument?

Who said our scouts were not watching players? <cr>

On your final line, one would hope so! You do have to wonder though when you see the attitude of some players, like Bougherra and Cousin.

Players all over the world are rcommended to clubs, Fs seems to me our club has fans who just love to moan, its annoying as fuck on here just now, We all want signings but we will need to be patient

Googles amazing isnt it.

Aug 16 2008

RANGERS boss Walter Smith says he will push ahead with moves to bring American midfielder Maurice Edu to Ibrox despite signing Pedro Mendes.

The 22-year-old has just finished representing the USA at the Olympics and Rangers are trying to obtain a work permit for the player.

Edu was recommended to them by their former striker Maurice Johnston, now his manager at Toronto Blizzard in the MLS.

Smith said: "We asked Mo if he thought there were any players in the American league he thought would do well over here and he recommended Edu.

"The MLS, who own all of the players, are happy for him to come to Scotland.

"We're in the final stages of tying things up but we still have to apply for the work permit.

See how easy it is to find something to suit any side of an argument?

Who said our scouts were not watching players? <cr>

On your final line, one would hope so! You do have to wonder though when you see the attitude of some players, like Bougherra and Cousin.

Google is amazing but i fail to see how that article supports your side of the arguement that we sign players purely on the recommendation of soemone!

Again your missing the point or choosing not to read what im saying...you asked how many games we watched/scouted etc Edu for and i was showing you...even though he was recommended by someone we still watched him and scouted him before we signed him to make sure he was good enough!! Again going back to my very original post that to suggest we sign someone purely on a recommendation without checking up on them 1st is ridiculous!

Noone said our scouts werent watching players but your post of, "Scouting team, at Rangers :lol:doh " is hardly suggesting otherwise is it?

Google is amazing but i fail to see how that article supports your side of the arguement that we sign players purely on the recommendation of soemone!

Again your missing the point or choosing not to read what im saying...you asked how many games we watched/scouted etc Edu for and i was showing you...even though he was recommended by someone we still watched him and scouted him before we signed him to make sure he was good enough!! Again going back to my very original post that to suggest we sign someone purely on a recommendation without checking up on them 1st is ridiculous!

Noone said our scouts werent watching players but your post of, "Scouting team, at Rangers :lol:doh " is hardly suggesting otherwise is it?

"even though" :rolleyes::)

I at no point said we didnt watch players, all i said was we signed players on recommendations, which we have. Not difficult to understand surely. <cr>

Yeah because we have been so good at scouting in the past, eh? :lol:

Our scouting has been embarrassing and mediocre at best in previous years, lets hope Bomber and Neil can do better, it wont be hard. Saying that when we see who exactly our club had earmarked to come, it doesnt take highly paid scouts or scout teams to find Conways, Wallaces, Goodwillies etc etc, most fans could have picked them. They will get credit when we sign a player no one knows and he comes in and makes a difference to our team and we sell him on for a profit.

Not sure where we are going here Del <cr>

"even though" :rolleyes::)

I at no point said we didnt watch players, all i said was we signed players on recommendations, which we have. Not difficult to understand surely. <cr>

Yeah because we have been so good at scouting in the past, eh? :lol:

Our scouting has been embarrassing and mediocre at best in previous years, lets hope Bomber and Neil can do better, it wont be hard. Saying that when we see who exactly our club had earmarked to come, it doesnt take highly paid scouts or scout teams to find Wallaces, Goodwillies etc etc, most fans could have picked them. They will get credit when we sign a player no one knows and he comes in and makes a difference to our team and we sell him on for a profit.

Not sure where we are going here Del <cr>

Are you kidding me! haha

I said that it would be ridiculous to suggest we sign a player purely on the recommendation of someone without looking at them 1st to make sure they would fit in...is that too hard to understand?

To which you said, yes we would even though the 3 examples you gave were proven otherwise...

In regards to scouts signing players from our leagues etc if they identify players from Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Motherwell where-ever then thats up to them but i dont see a problem with signing the best players from the teams we play against, neither do teams like Man Utd, Liverpool etc who have all done the same in the past few weeks. Last season i mean i would never have seen us signing Jelavic and although i knew who Kyle Bartley i wouldnt have earmarked him as a potential target never mind for him to make the impact he had.

I will agree with the last part though as i havent seen where youve been going with this from the start, in fact the majority of the stuff you post on here i find myself not seeing where your going with it but each to there own pal!

Are you kidding me! haha

I said that it would be ridiculous to suggest we sign a player purely on the recommendation of someone without looking at them 1st to make sure they would fit in...is that too hard to understand?

To which you said, yes we would even though the 3 examples you gave were proven otherwise...

In regards to scouts signing players from our leagues etc if they identify players from Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Motherwell where-ever then thats up to them but i dont see a problem with signing the best players from the teams we play against, neither do teams like Man Utd, Liverpool etc who have all done the same in the past few weeks. Last season i mean i would never have seen us signing Jelavic and although i knew who Kyle Bartley i wouldnt have earmarked him as a potential target never mind for him to make the impact he had.

I will agree with the last part though as i havent seen where youve been going with this from the start, in fact the majority of the stuff you post on here i find myself not seeing where your going with it but each to there own pal!

Almost impossible when it is you putting a point across. I dont believe for one second we were watching Edu for a year before we signed him, no chance. Cousin too, you would be lucky if we watched him a handful of times before we signed him. There are that many contradicting stories RE Carlos, no one knows exactly what happened with him, im sure we did watch him, but im also certain he was recommended to us. Bomber was told by a contact in Spain, Carlos would be leaving and he told Walter.

I thought Liam Brady or Pat Rice recommneded Bartley to us. That came out the blue, we didnt have time to scout him, we just signed him. Oops, surely not.

Jelavic had tore Seltic apart a few times the season before and had been on their radar, they also had bids knocked back for him months previous, i was aware of him, most fans would have been. The fact that we were interested given our embarrassing financial state is what got me. We did have to sell to get him right enough.

Almost impossible when it is you putting a point across. I dont believe for one second we were watching Edu for a year before we signed him, no chance. Cousin too, you would be lucky if we watched him a handful of times before we signed him. There are that many contradicting stories RE Carlos, no one knows exactly what happened with him, im sure we did watch him, but im also certain he was recommended to us. Bomber was told by a contact in Spain, Carlos would be leaving and he told Walter.

I thought Liam Brady or Pat Rice recommneded Bartley to us. That came out the blue, we didnt have time to scout him, we just signed him. Oops, surely not.

Jelavic had tore Seltic apart a few times the season before and had been on their radar, they also had bids knocked back for him months previous, i was aware of him, most fans would have been. The fact that we were interested given our embarrassing financial state is what got me. We did have to sell to get him right enough.

If you dont thats up to you, there are direct quotes from Mo Johnston saying we were but you would know better than the man himself!

We will just have to agree to disagree pal but i find the very thought that we would sign a player purely on the say so of someone's recommendation utterly ridiculous. Obviously with certain players they will have a profile or calibre that, rightly or wrongly, you wouldnt have to watch them that often ie Cousin but we would still have to check the player out in some form before just signing him!

Just to be doubly clear, ive no doubt that we have signed plyers on the back of recommendations from ex-players, agents etc but im merely saying that before we actually do sign them we will do some sort of scouting/homework on them to make sure they fit in!

If you dont thats up to you, there are direct quotes from Mo Johnston saying we were but you would know better than the man himself!

We will just have to agree to disagree pal but i find the very thought that we would sign a player purely on the say so of someone's recommendation utterly ridiculous. Obviously with certain players they will have a profile or calibre that, rightly or wrongly, you wouldnt have to watch them that often ie Cousin but we would still have to check the player out in some form before just signing him!

Just to be doubly clear, ive no doubt that we have signed plyers on the back of recommendations from ex-players, agents etc but im merely saying that before we actually do sign them we will do some sort of scouting/homework on them to make sure they fit in!

No obviously i wouldnt know better, i will just go with the direct quotes attributed to Walter that i read though.

From your side of the argument, Cousin is a very poor example given that he was a complete prick of a man.

Of course we will, what that homework is, is anybodys guess.

Pointless arguement guys.

Think it is a fact that our scouting system is lacking and has been for some time.

Walter was less effected as in our time of need and struggle, walter turned to (nearly) all british players who Required little scouting as he himself knew of them and knew people he trusted to offer opinion.

It is now where coisty requirees input that we seem to be fkd! I dont know who says this but i quote " mccoist knew he was getting the job in february so why the hell has he not been arranging things"

It was stated tha he had two lists. One for a take ver and one for no takeover. Seems like he lost both fkn lists!!

Bottom line is, we begin the defence in less than 3 weeks and we are currently 4 players down with possibly 2 to 4 more away depending on contracts.

Whether you say it is not time to panic or not, this is no good at present and things certainly need to be looked at. My one and only issue with all this new regime is the MOUTH! Why to god cant they keep it fkn shut!

Do not continue to talk to press and explain who we are looking at and then who we fail to sign. Back to auld school. Nothing leaves ibrox till the player walks out wi the top on!!

"as soon as possible" he says, yet we keep hearing stories about EPLs 25 man squads and waiting until August, what is it to be? <cr>

We've been hearing that concept since last summer and I think it's bloody stupid.

Teams will have the plan for their 25 man squad done way before August, very few are going to have players that they can't fit in and be trying to sell or loan them at the last minute.

We've been hearing that concept since last summer and I think it's bloody stupid.

Teams will have the plan for their 25 man squad done way before August, very few are going to have players that they can't fit in and be trying to sell or loan them at the last minute.

You are probably right.