Juan Manuel Ortiz In Signing Talks

I was so close to replying a post of fury until I realised who it was that posted it. :lol:

I am being serious to an extent, just the fact utility player suggests he is no better than what we have. However I will reserve judgement until I see him play in the flesh.

But we may well sign both, they play in different areas of the field.

I dont think you can say fans dont know anything about him, he has been in the Spanish league for years, La Liga is the 2nd biggest league in the world, arguably the biggest. Not one person has used the word great to describe him, all i have saw is utility.

Naismith will be played in midfield imo, i think we need a cracking player up front despite who we still have. Whos to say Beattie and Healy will hit the ground running? We need someone like Goodwillie who is young, pacey, bang on form and hungry to succeed.

Fair one but I think other than football manager and youtube not many are going to have heard of this specific player! Granted your right there will be some who know of him but the majority won't, he's not exactly a household name. Anyway the point I was trying to make mate was just that we shouldn't get carried away, If we get him lets hope its on our terms (transfer fee and wages) and that we don't start to judge him until he's signed and plays a few games. Like i said with De Graaf at hibs he was meant to be a good player who had played regularly in the dutch league for years and he was mince last season! A couple of good youtube goals doesnt make him a good player!

Anyway that all sounded a bit negative but im hopeful he'll be a good player! If he does half as well as the last player we signed from a spanish team we'll all be happy!

I agree Naismith will be played in midfield I'm also of the opinion that Lafferty deserves to start the season up front beside Jela, I thought the big man was exceptional the last 7 or 8 games and im hopeful that he will hit the ground running. We have healy on a new deal and by the sounds of his interviews super's promised him more game time! We then have beattie as 4th choice, unless we offload him, which to be fair we've shown no signs of doing, can't imagine there will be many bidders for him so i'd wipe the slate clean and give him a fresh start! (despite how bad he's been)

If we bring in another striker would Healy be happy at being 4th choice right from the start of the season? I genuinly think if we bring in anyone, it'll be a striker for the future someone in there teens or waiting til January if Beattie and Healy aren't doing it! I know the majority want goodwillie but I just don't think he's better than what we've already got! If he signs I'll back him like I do every player we sign!

Fair one but I think other than football manager and youtube not many are going to have heard of this specific player! Granted your right there will be some who know of him but the majority won't, he's not exactly a household name. Anyway the point I was trying to make mate was just that we shouldn't get carried away, If we get him lets hope its on our terms (transfer fee and wages) and that we don't start to judge him until he's signed and plays a few games. Like i said with De Graaf at hibs he was meant to be a good player who had played regularly in the dutch league for years and he was mince last season! A couple of good youtube goals doesnt make him a good player!

Anyway that all sounded a bit negative but im hopeful he'll be a good player! If he does half as well as the last player we signed from a spanish team we'll all be happy!

I agree Naismith will be played in midfield I'm also of the opinion that Lafferty deserves to start the season up front beside Jela, I thought the big man was exceptional the last 7 or 8 games and im hopeful that he will hit the ground running. We have healy on a new deal and by the sounds of his interviews super's promised him more game time! We then have beattie as 4th choice, unless we offload him, which to be fair we've shown no signs of doing, can't imagine there will be many bidders for him so i'd wipe the slate clean and give him a fresh start! (despite how bad he's been)

If we bring in another striker would Healy be happy at being 4th choice right from the start of the season? I genuinly think if we bring in anyone, it'll be a striker for the future someone in there teens or waiting til January if Beattie and Healy aren't doing it! I know the majority want goodwillie but I just don't think he's better than what we've already got! If he signs I'll back him like I do every player we sign!

he's a 71 in FIFA and has already found his way into Rangers on it. I'm using him in the training arena scoring some goals :pipe:(tu)

:craphead:

Hibs were shite last year, even their best players struggled.

Healy will have to deal with whatever happens, he has just signed a new deal.

I think Goodwillie is almost certainly better than what we have.

Haha i knew about this earlier and pmd an admin. I never had a name and was i fuck posting until i did. Still i dont know much about the lad but i trust the management

a 71 in fifa well thats it then he's almost as good as mo edu and jelavic & better than stevie naismith haha! (cant actually remember what edu is rated at :S) (tu)

We don't have anyone who has made the left of right** midfield spots their own yet, so he has the chance to do that.

I think Naismith has got the RW pretty much nailed down. He was outstanding out there last season. Naismith might not get down the line and put in a cross but his ability to ghost in to the box or get behind the strikers and drive the play forward from deep is just as important. If Rangers did sign a winger for the left side I would hope it's someone who can beat a man and get a cross in to the box.

Naismith's style of play, and Jelavic's ability in the air, almost demands a winger with crossing ability to be played on the left-wing.

Hibs were shite last year, even their best players struggled.

Healy will have to deal with whatever happens, he has just signed a new deal.

I think Goodwillie is almost certainly better than what we have.

Hibs were shite last year, true! Maybe in a better team he'd have done alright, who knows! Same as this guy we just dont know how he'll do! We just have to hope he's decent!

Don't want to start carrying passengers in our squad, McCoist's first year can do without a bad atmosphere.

Goodwillie for me would be 3rd choice here, 4th really as id say Naismith if played up front is better than Goodwillie too although we'd expect him to be played in midfield! If we were going to pay 2 million for a striker it makes Healys even stranger, a youngster, a jan signing or maybe even a loan deal is what id expect from us up front.

OK lads I've noticed a slightly strange coincidence while checking out Ortiz........

Him and Carlos Cuellar played at Osasuna together for 2 years.

Ortiz was favoured as a right-wing back - could Carlos have put us on to him? Could this be a deal that tempts Carlos back more?

thoughts lads?

Hibs were shite last year, true! Maybe in a better team he'd have done alright, who knows! Same as this guy we just dont know how he'll do! We just have to hope he's decent!

Don't want to start carrying passengers in our squad, McCoist's first year can do without a bad atmosphere.

Goodwillie for me would be 3rd choice here, 4th really as id say Naismith if played up front is better than Goodwillie too although we'd expect him to be played in midfield! If we were going to pay 2 million for a striker it makes Healys even stranger, a youngster, a jan signing or maybe even a loan deal is what id expect from us up front.

I agree about passengers, we already have enough.

I really want Goodwillie at Rangers, just something about him.

OK lads I've noticed a slightly strange coincidence while checking out Ortiz........

Him and Carlos Cuellar played at Osasuna together for 2 years.

Ortiz was favoured as a right-wing back - could Carlos have put us on to him? Could this be a deal that tempts Carlos back more?

thoughts lads?

hope so :D

but doubt it