Juan Manuel Ortiz In Signing Talks

(tu)

ally has said he is going for quantity which means he's wanting 4+ players and buying a winger/fullback doesnt take goodwillie out of the equation.

If anything it's better that we didnt go out and buy a different striker

Celtic went for quantity over quality last year, didn't help them.

I would rather we went for Quality. we might have a bigger team but, what if there shite hows that going to help us?

Quality over Quantity is better and, we showed last year that it can work for us.

What a random post. There is no comparison to be made. We will still need a striker even with this guy. I am positive this signing has nothing whatsoever to do with Goodwillie and our interest in him.

Well I didn't mean it to sound like a direct comparison, i.e Ortiz or Goodwillie, I just meant id rather spend money on someone playing in la liga compared to a guy who in my opinion has only had 1 good season in the SPL and has attitude issues.

Also the de graaf thing is a good point in my mind, because there's a lot of folk praising ortiz... yet we know nothing about him, it's not a bad target, but we don't really know what we'd be getting if he comes, lets be cautious and optimistic & hope he arrives.... but lets not praise him as some great la liga player as by all accounts... I dont think he is! Fingers crossed he comes in and does a job.

By the way as for needing a striker.... we have 5 on the books who can play up front, Laff, Jela, Healy, Beattie & Naismith... I don't think a striker is going to be out top priority, 1 will come in at some point but I don't think we'll have any additional strikers come in before the cl qualifiers!

IF he signs it's a real-coup/upping of the anti, for us by the sounds of it.

His managers not happy at him leaving and reckons he needs 3 to replace him.

We on the other hand recognise the shallows of our squad and know which positions we need new 1st team OR cover for.

This guy plays four positions I had down for needing a back up or a new first teamer. (I'm sure most of you were similar to me on that front).

La-Liga experience, 29 so experience with age while still having a few good seasons in him.

It's only broke to the press as he's in for signing talks AND has not been a long drawn out media circus in which every team in the world knows what we're doing and has been given the opportunity to hijack it.

All in all - an excellant signing "achieved" in a flawless manner. (once again IF, he signs,...........getting used to it falling apart).

A treble of good news today, mon Davis pull the finger out son.

Celtic went for quantity over quality last year, didn't help them.

I would rather we went for Quality. we might have a bigger team but, what if there shite hows that going to help us?

Quality over Quantity is better and, we showed last year that it can work for us.

yeah, but we just lost 4 loanees and we need numbers badly (tu)

hemed and danns would have been ideal because they were free transfers which meant we could bring in more quality. Free transfers or VERY little fees is what we should be doing for squad numbers so we can hopefully get in some quality. If bougherra leaves then we will need to buy one quality CB, no use having two average players, Cuellar would be perfect (tu)

On the assumption Juanma is a 1st team player who has their position under threat by his possible arrival? Or is it numerous players now having proper competition if he is a utility player? It is always good to have a few utility type players in the squad(even if only for the bench) as you can make bigger tactical changes in a single substitution.

Well I didn't mean it to sound like a direct comparison, i.e Ortiz or Goodwillie, I just meant id rather spend money on someone playing in la liga compared to a guy who in my opinion has only had 1 good season in the SPL and has attitude issues.

Also the de graaf thing is a good point in my mind, because there's a lot of folk praising ortiz... yet we know nothing about him, it's not a bad target, but we don't really know what we'd be getting if he comes, lets be cautious and optimistic & hope he arrives.... but lets not praise him as some great la liga player as by all accounts... I dont think he is! Fingers crossed he comes in and does a job.

By the way as for needing a striker.... we have 5 on the books who can play up front, Laff, Jela, Healy, Beattie & Naismith... I don't think a striker is going to be out top priority, 1 will come in at some point but I don't think we'll have any additional strikers come in before the cl qualifiers!

But we may well sign both, they play in different areas of the field.

I dont think you can say fans dont know anything about him, he has been in the Spanish league for years, La Liga is the 2nd biggest league in the world, arguably the biggest. Not one person has used the word great to describe him, all i have saw is utility.

Naismith will be played in midfield imo, i think we need a cracking player up front despite who we still have. Whos to say Beattie and Healy will hit the ground running? We need someone like Goodwillie who is young, pacey, bang on form and hungry to succeed.

IF he signs it's a real-coup/upping of the anti, for us by the sounds of it.

His managers not happy at him leaving and reckons he needs 3 to replace him.

We on the other hand recognise the shallows of our squad and know which positions we need new 1st team OR cover for.

This guy plays four positions I had down for needing a back up or a new first teamer. (I'm sure most of you were similar to me on that front).

La-Liga experience, 29 so experience with age while still having a few good seasons in him.

It's only broke to the press as he's in for signing talks AND has not been a long drawn out media circus in which every team in the world knows what we're doing and has been given the opportunity to hijack it.

All in all - an excellant signing "achieved" in a flawless manner. (once again IF, he signs,...........getting used to it falling apart).

A treble of good news today, mon Davis pull the finger out son.

Has he signed yet?

a dual sided full back that can play on either side of midfield also

wonder if the supposed whittaker deal isnt going to plan still

whittakers has signed though :lol:

and it will be for the wings as all we have is naismith and wylde just now and for LB