Creative Midfielder

Some amount of fannies in this thread!

Let's get one thing fucking straight, right here, right now!!!!!........

Without Steven Davis we'd be absolutely fuck all. He is far and away the best midfielder in Scotland and the 3 titles we're currently celebrating wouldn't have been even close to possible without his outstanding contribution!

Where he once played along side guys like Ferguson, Mendes, Thomson and Adam he now has imposters like Edu and McCulloch riding shotgun. The less said about those two the fucking better!

"He's not Captain material." "He's not a creative player."..... Have a fucking word wi yersels ya dicks!!!!!

Honest tae fuck! Sometimes your own fans are the worst!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Steven Davis we'd be absolutely fuck all. He is far and away the best midfielder in Scotland and the 3 titles we're currently celebrating wouldn't have been even close to possible without his outstanding contribution!

Where he once played along side guys like Ferguson, Mendes, Thomson and Adam he now has imposters like Edu and McCulloch riding shotgun. The less said about those two the fucking better!

"He's not Captain material." "He's not a creative player."..... Have a fucking word wi yersels ya dicks!!!!!

this post, just :praise:

Two fans i was sitting beside yesterday left at halftime.

:21:

Because others have different opinion's they are fannies and dicks? Actually backs up the point that people can't handle criticism of the goldenboy from N.I.

The real cocks are people like YOU who slate the like's of Edu, imagine calling a player with 3 title wins out of 3 an imposter, then slating other fans for saying Davis is not captain material. Laughable!

Also Davis was nowhere near 'outstanding' as you claim and certainly was very inconsistent last season as said by himself, but I suppose I'm talking bollocks? Davis was on form and single-handedly carried us to the title, eh?

Because others have different opinion's they are fannies and dicks? Actually backs up the point that people can't handle criticism of the goldenboy from N.I.

The real cocks are people like YOU who slate the like's of Edu, imagine calling a player with 3 title wins out of 3 an imposter, then slating other fans for saying Davis is not captain material. Laughable!

Also Davis was nowhere near 'outstanding' as you claim and certainly was very inconsistent last season as said by himself, but I suppose I'm talking bollocks? Davis was on form and single-handedly carried us to the title, eh?

And here's me thinking it's a team game doh

Davis is a fantastic player but there are deficiencies to his game. As in he does not create enough goals. He is meant to be the attacking midfielder and to be a top AM you need to be able to assist. I dont think he is an AM or a DM he is something in between. Hes a key player but its odd because he doesnt tackle much and doesnt play a killer pass much. He gets the ball all over the pitch and moves the play forward but doesnt assist much its a weird one.

I honestly think Eremenko would be superb in the midfield NO-ONE in our midfield has the range of passing , eye for a killer ball or the long range shooting of Eremenko apart from nes but hes perma injured. but he has deficiencies to his game aswell such as stamina , lack of pace cant tackle etc but i still think he would be fantastic for us.

Although if we were to get eremenko he would need to play in a midfield 3. someone to tackle and play the simple pass and Davis to be the box-2-box player. with eremenko just drifting around picking the ball up and playing the smart through balls , spreading the play and having a dig if he can.

Try using your brain for a second. Davis is NOT captain material. Doesn't mean he is not a good player.

Davis is a fantastic player but there are deficiencies to his game. As in he does not create enough goals. He is meant to be the attacking midfielder and to be a top AM you need to be able to assist. I dont think he is an AM or a DM he is something in between. Hes a key player but its odd because he doesnt tackle much and doesnt play a killer pass much. He gets the ball all over the pitch and moves the play forward but doesnt assist much its a weird one.

I honestly think Eremenko would be superb in the midfield NO-ONE in our midfield has the range of passing , eye for a killer ball or the long range shooting of Eremenko apart from nes but hes perma injured. but he has deficiencies to his game aswell such as stamina , lack of pace cant tackle etc but i still think he would be fantastic for us.

Although if we were to get eremenko he would need to play in a midfield 3. someone to tackle and play the simple pass and Davis to be the box-2-box player. with eremenko just drifting around picking the ball up and playing the smart through balls , spreading the play and having a dig if he can.

The reason Davis doesnt get many assists is because he is covering for our other CM's!

Davis yesterday was the only player calling for the ball, dropping and picking it up looking to start moves...Edu had a decent game but not once did he come and demand the ball, same with McCulloch, he played some nice passes and put in some good tackles but we need someone who will pick the ball up and let Davis get forward.

Time and time again yesterday Edu would be the one nearest the strikers looking to get on the end of things, but in an ideal world you would want Davis there, with his quick feet and final ball.

IMO Davis HAS to playy the box-to-box role because he has to do a bit of everything...one minute he is covering at CB, then hes at RB then trying to burst forward...Edu and McCulloch dont have half the ability Davis does to play either role!

Our midfield is powderpuff !! That's why other teams dominate us ala - yesterday in the 1st half and the filth (and some others) for a lot of the games last season.

For me Eremenko would make us even more soft so I'd forget about him.

We are sorely lacking a skilful hardman type who could get a grip of the midfield and allow Davis to support the striker(s)Neither McCulloch nor Edu are the answer so give us a midfield growler please Ally.

Technically he is a good player, good touch, distribution and vision. But for me, he has always lacked that aggression, the 'give me the ball and I'll make something happen' attitude.

I agree his first touch is good but he doesn't shoot well (should've scored one early yesterday, and that's just one example of many). I have to agree with a few other posts that he's good box to box but that's it.

From the day Davis played his first game, he gave us in midfield what he hade been missing.

Now let's be straight about what he is - he's a right-sided Center Mid, We've played him how much at right mid?

Now take into consideration if Davis pushes fully forward and the opposition break, he has to rely on McCulloch (who's normally injured and who's got no pace) or Edu (partial coma every 2nd game) to slow/stop the break in midfield. I don't think he can and I think he defends more heavily due to this and due to our tactics in recent years.

OP says we need a creative midfielder - I think we need we need a geuine winger and a solid hard tackling CM.

You put a hard tackling scare-mongering brick shit-house next to Davis and watch the wee N-Irishman flourish, he'll be freed up to go forward like we know he can.

You can't put another Davis next to Davis as they are to light to have in an SPL C-Midfield.

Free up Davis - by bringing in some big strong, hard-tackling, dependable - box 2 box even if we're creating our fantasy player - and bring in an established out and out winger i.e. Vorhoek and they'll be nothing more needed in terms of midfield.

A purely attacking midfield is a luxuary we don't need when we lack an alternative opr partner to Jelavic, a genuine winger in his 1st position, a center half or 2, a right back who can defence (whittakers a right mid and a wing back at best, he can't defend the way a right back should).

A bit long winded as usual - but if you took the time to read this, then thankyou I genuinely feel i'm pretty bang on in my assesment here.

This !! (tu)(tu):clap:(tu)(tu)

From the day Davis played his first game, he gave us in midfield what he hade been missing.

Now let's be straight about what he is - he's a right-sided Center Mid, We've played him how much at right mid?

Now take into consideration if Davis pushes fully forward and the opposition break, he has to rely on McCulloch (who's normally injured and who's got no pace) or Edu (partial coma every 2nd game) to slow/stop the break in midfield. I don't think he can and I think he defends more heavily due to this and due to our tactics in recent years.

OP says we need a creative midfielder - I think we need we need a geuine winger and a solid hard tackling CM.

You put a hard tackling scare-mongering brick shit-house next to Davis and watch the wee N-Irishman flourish, he'll be freed up to go forward like we know he can.

You can't put another Davis next to Davis as they are to light to have in an SPL C-Midfield.

Free up Davis - by bringing in some big strong, hard-tackling, dependable - box 2 box even if we're creating our fantasy player - and bring in an established out and out winger i.e. Vorhoek and they'll be nothing more needed in terms of midfield.

A purely attacking midfield is a luxuary we don't need when we lack an alternative opr partner to Jelavic, a genuine winger in his 1st position, a center half or 2, a right back who can defence (whittakers a right mid and a wing back at best, he can't defend the way a right back should).

A bit long winded as usual - but if you took the time to read this, then thankyou I genuinely feel i'm pretty bang on in my assesment here.

My opinion also. (tu)

We need an absolute tank next to Davis, good at tackling but still with a bit of an eye for a pass.

Only problem is those players are hard to come by. :(