Left Winger

barrablue

I was at the wind up mate. :lol:

Its blatantly obvious we need a real LM but its also quite obvious our management don't agree or at least don't see it as a priority.

Conway, Vaughan, Danns, Verhoek, Murphy, Templeton, Estigarribia... all left sided, or players who have played out there on numerous occassions - players we have been linked with.

Ortiz and Naismith for the right, Wylde and another for the left.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have beadly needed one since the days of Advocaat. Everyone and anyone has been shoe horned in there over the years and no one has made that position their own.

I confidently predict the next lucky victim will be Lee Wallace :P

Conway, Vaughan, Danns, Verhoek, Murphy, Templeton, Estigarribia... all left sided, or players who have played out there on numerous occassions - players we have been linked with.

Ortiz and Naismith for the right, Wylde and another for the left.

We have been linked with them all but not made any real effort signing them like we have with our other targets.

If we felt LM was a huge priority I reckon we would have pushed the boat out and signed one of those players by now.

I honestly don't think our management see LM as that big a deal. I also feel that signing a new CB, CM and striker is more important.

We have been linked with them all but not made any real effort signing them like we have with our other targets.

If we felt LM was a huge priority I reckon we would have pushed the boat out and signed one of those palyers by now.

I honestly don't think our management see LM as that big a deal. I also feel that signing a new CB, CM and striker is more important.

Then we have a problem.

If we felt LM was a huge priority I reckon we would have pushed the boat out and signed one of those players by now.

Just like we only signed a much needed centre back, today (and it's still not officially completed).

Then we have a problem.

I think a bigger problem is our management thinking Edu and McCulloch should be our CM pairing.

I think the game at the weekend has freaked some people out in regards to left midfield.

If only Edu had played for example it would have meant Davis would have played CM wih Ortiz on the right and Wylde or Wallace on the left of midfield.

We do need a left mid but I personally think sorting out CM should be more important but our management won't agree with that.

Just like we only signed a much needed centre back, today (and it's still not officially completed).

I don't really get your point but I'm delighted we signed a new CB because have the possibility of having Weir and Broadfoot at CB for the season (if Bougherra leaves) is a scary thought.

Now I hope we sign a proper partner for Jelavic so we can get Naismith back in midfield and hopefully drop Edu or McCulloch or both.

I think a bigger problem is our management thinking Edu and McCulloch should be our CM pairing.

I think the game at the weekend has freaked some people out in regards to left midfield.

If only Edu had played for example it would have meant Davis would have played CM wih Ortiz on the right and Wylde or Wallace on the left of midfield.

We do need a left mid but I personally think sorting out CM should be more important but our management won't agree with that.

That is a problem.

Funnily enough, i was not freaked out by left mdifield, i just saw a debutant, try his hardest, do fairly well, not get much joy and the gaffer taking his time to change it.

I think it was too early for a Wallace debut, especially against the team we signed him from.

Over left mid they may. Davidson seems more of a priority than any left midfielder we have been linked with, not that he is good enough of course, but its just a matter of time it seems.

That is a problem.

Funnily enough, i was not freaked out by left mdifield, i just saw a debutant, try his hardest, do fairly well, not get much joy and the gaffer taking his time to change it.

I think it was too early for a Wallace debut, especially against the team we signed him from.

Over left mid they may. Davidson seems more of a priority than any left midfielder we have been linked with, not that he is good enough of course, but its just a matter of time it seems.

Yeah I'd agree with that.

I don't know what to think of Davidson because honestly I can't recall seeing him play.

I also thought Ortiz did well in terms of effort and hving a decent touch but it was obvious the Heart full back had the better of him due to not being naturally left sided.

Yeah I'd agree with that.

I don't know what to think of Davidson because honestly I can't recall seeing him play.

I also thought Ortiz did well in terms of effort and hving a decent touch but it was obvious the Heart full back had the better of him due to not being naturally left sided.

McGowan had him for pace too, it should have been changed sooner, much sooner, even Blunkett could have seen Ortiz struggling against that big lad with one on one, but i said earlier today, if Naismith had took his two sitters, Ortiz would have had two assists on his debut and we would have forgot how well he was marked.

McGowan had him for pace too, it should have been changed sooner, much sooner, even Blunkett could have seen Ortiz struggling against that big lad with one on one, but i sais earlier today, if Naismith had took his two sitters, Ortiz would have had two assists on his debut and we would have forgot how well he was marked.

Yeah I suppose.

Oh for a Cooper, a Walters, a Laudrup or as others have mentioned, Neil McCann, all capable of producing a wee bit of magic, players that got you off your seat.

For years now we've been crying out for a player that leaves opponents for dead, someone that can go past a man. A few flattered to deceive, guys like Lovenkrands, Burke and Beasley spring to mind, but none of them really cut the mustard.

Young Wylde's promising but I feel he's already been found out to a point - he's a bit of a one trick pony and defenders have sussed he wants to go on the outside all the time. I don't feel we missed anything by not getting Conway and won't be crying in my sleep if we don't get Jamie Murphy either.

Templeton at Hearts would be a great signing but Hearts would want crazy money for him and I don't expect to see him at Ibrox any time soon. Verhoek would be an incredible signing and is exactly the type of player we need to get Ibrox rocking.

No, No, No, No, No, No.

Not one of them is a left winger - we may play them out of position in left, but none of them is truely a left-winger.

The OP - while being a little harsh on Ally much too early (we haven't had one since Numan/McCann so really not Ally's fault) is pointing out that when you don't have a natural left winger - you rarely see the man on the left being given the ball, and him running at the right back, skinning him and crossing with the left peg. So you don't attack with the same purpose and you don't pose the same threat on the left wing as you do the right.

I like to see guys playing their position, all too often at Rangers in the last 10 years there seems to be a belief that if you need a right back - sign a center half and he can play there etc etc.

I would love to see a natural left mid/winger and finnaly use the width to full effect rather than constantly playing long balls or focusing distribution down the right flank.

I trust that Ally thinks the same and should there be a man available he'll get him.

Mate I was just joking with my post.