Madjid Bougherra Says Rangers Offer 'made Me Sick'

Don't see how he can be upset at an offer that sees him extend his contract on similar terms. Also don't see why some fans see his point of view but that's their opinion.

By the way he's going he peaked at 26/27 and is on a downward slope, why offer more money?

Put it this way, Bougherra has never, EVER, been the best centre half at our club - let alone in the Country.

IMO anyways :wink:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suppose some will be on here criticising the management and club for the way they dealt with this guy (won't call him names because he has played some great games, just too few).

Personally the guy has not handled it so very well. No loss in the long term as he has not worked as hard as he could. Rangers is not the kind of club you can give less than 100% for and we all know Bougie has been giving less and less each month since he had that first great season.

Our management handled this one just about right, used the guy no more than he used us.

Well said, we'll probably never know what went on behind the scenes, but he made no secret of wanting to move, that allied to the fact that his performances have been dropping at an alarming rate, I also believe that the management played this out well, make him an offer he was most likely to refuse and move him on.

I also say that he played an important role for us in 3IAR but his time was up,another season and the way his fitness levels were going ie: weight wise along with his attitude I just think that he would have been in danger of becoming the whipping boy this year, so as long as we get a decent replacement for him [and therein lies the predicament] then I have to agree that management played their cards well, it's just a pity he had to leave with this statement as I'm sure he would have been remembered fondly by the support for his efforts instead of leaving us with a sour taste in our mouths.

Suppose some will be on here criticising the management and club for the way they dealt with this guy (won't call him names because he has played some great games, just too few).

Personally the guy has not handled it so very well. No loss in the long term as he has not worked as hard as he could. Rangers is not the kind of club you can give less than 100% for and we all know Bougie has been giving less and less each month since he had that first great season.

Our management handled this one just about right, used the guy no more than he used us.

Well said, we'll probably never know what went on behind the scenes, but he made no secret of wanting to move, that allied to the fact that his performances have been dropping at an alarming rate, I also believe that the management played this out well, make him an offer he was most likely to refuse and move him on.

I also say that he played an important role for us in 3IAR but his time was up,another season and the way his fitness levels were going ie: weight wise along with his attitude I just think that he would have been in danger of becoming the whipping boy this year, so as long as we get a decent replacement for him [and therein lies the predicament] then I have to agree that management played their cards well, it's just a pity he had to leave with this statement as I'm sure he would have been remembered fondly by the support for his efforts instead of leaving us with a sour taste in our mouths.

So we could of tied him down on a longer contract but we shot ourself in the foot with that one. His head wasn't in the game anyway and he obviously wasn't interested in playing for Rangers anymore and as much as it pains me to say it because he is a really good player, it is probably best that he did move on. Good luck with your money grabbing in Qatar, Madjid.

If the contract offer didn't reflect his importance to the team then you can understand his frustration.

Going by some of the transfer offers we've put in....

Truth in this BUT he has looked disinterested for some time now so there were other forces at work here. Granted, most have us have been sickened by some of the transfer/contract offers we've seen recently, so I can't blame him if he feels that way; big mistake imo was to go greeting to the rhags about it. You did yourself no favours with that shite, Boughie my man, and lost a tonne of respect because of it. Pity, 'cause you served the club well at times and it didn't have to end that way.

Madjid Bougherra has been a massive part in helping us win the SPL title 3 years on the trot and he deserved a pay rise that matched the wages Whittaker, Davis and McGregor were on. But I don't think he had any intention of staying.

I had wished him well but after what he did in Malmo and now coming out with this I couldn't give a fuck how he gets on. Says it all really that the only club interested were a bunch of nobodies from Qatar.

Sadly no different than Conway Miller Goodwillie and the rest who snubbed the greatest team on the planet for cash

We don't know about them two for sure.

We didn't get to talk to them.

at 28 he has easy 5 years left at rangers level and has been our best defender, possibly best player in squad since he arrived

goian has been bought at 30, cheaper, older

for rangers to lose him to england france italy spain germany then i say fair enough, bigger leagues, more money etc

to leave to qutar shows me rangers didnt push the boat out nearly enough, not for the first time this season

how resigning whitaker can be more of a priority than bougie indicates we have more keystone cops in charge at rangers

No it won't, he's fucking rubbish on a ridiculous salary.

Aye...he's fuckin rubbish alright, The only contract I'd gie Whittaker is with a 12 gauge between the eyes.

If he's a fuckin defender then the Pope is a protestant.

at 28 he has easy 5 years left at rangers level

He turns 29 in October, I really don't blame the club for offering a two year deal, if he rejected that I could see offering 3 years max. It's a bit of an open secret that he wanted out anyways and to be honest I'm not too surprised to see these comments from him in the paper, disappointed, but not surprised.

why all the insultes for ? I truly have no respect for you guys. The player has the right to care for his future and his financial situation, both the club and bougherra showed they didn't want to deal with each other anymore. Madjid said the ofrer din't suit him for the reasons we know, not sure how can this be disrespectful to the club ...

This translation is incomplete, he gave more details to our newspaper. I intended to give you the whole article ever since I read it but when I see all the hate I guess I'd be translation in vain.

I enjoyed suporting rangers this two past years, amazing club, was all pleasure. however, I'm no longer a rangers fan , I'm leaving with Bouggy that fat punk as you please to call him, Goobye =)

Has he REALLY been that important in the past season? I thought he was relatively poor tbh, since returning from the world cup.

Also, the offer may have been "pathetic" but his parting comments are far worse.

Even when he was poor he was still the best centre half in the country by a distance imo, someone posted stats not so long ago of goals conceded and match results when he was missing and they showed we missed him big time, now i dont know how accurate they were but they proved the big mans importance to our teaam. I dont think anyone can deny his had been elsewhere in recent months but who could blame him, he has a family and himself to look after and his contract was allowed to go to its last few remaining months, his future, his families future was uncertain.

Tit for tat maybe but if we had treated him with the same respect we showed other players there would have been no parting shot if you can call it that imo, i was not offended by his comments in the slightest and i wont be verbally abusing him like others, what it gave us was a small insight into how Rangers may go about our business in some aspects and like our transfer policy, its pretty amatuerish..

(tu)