No Panic

Davie2909

2 days before the start of the season was maybe no panic. A day before the first leg of our champions league game there was, quite rightly, panic. Now on the verge of our Europa league campaign, with it looking increasing likely Broadfoot is going to start, there is indeed a need for panic.

People are saying "most deals aren't usually concluded until the end of the transfer window anyway". Yea thats all good under normal circumstances, but by the transfer window we could potentially be out of Europe all together and we will be 5 or 6 games into the SPL.

What do we expect McCoist to say - PANIC, PANIC. WE'RE ALL DOOMED...............

You know, I know, he knows that it's not his fault that signings are not happening quick enough. But at the end of the day he has to stay loyal to the club and it's owner(s) and provide positive spin through the media.

He has already pushed the panic button when he gave Healy, Kerkar, Little and especially Weir new contracts, because we left it too late to get players in and fucked about with stupid offers.

There has been ample time to get players in, fair enough if you won't pay over the odds, but you are wasting your time pursuing targets that you want for half their value.

He has already pushed the panic button when he gave Healy, Kerkar, Little and especially Weir new contracts, because we left it too late to get players in and fucked about with stupid offers.

There has been ample time to get players in, fair enough if you won't pay over the odds, but you are wasting your time pursuing targets that you want for half their value.

Outstanding post. Would rep if i could.

(tu)

What do we expect McCoist to say - PANIC, PANIC. WE'RE ALL DOOMED...............

You know, I know, he knows that it's not his fault that signings are not happening quick enough. But at the end of the day he has to stay loyal to the club and it's owner(s) and provide positive spin through the media.

[i don't think anyone was doubting his loyalty to the club or the owner. He would have been better advised to have kept quiet on negotiations until deals are complete. That would avoid having to continually make statements to appease fans - better to have done the business then made the statement of the signing.

/quote]

[i don't think anyone was doubting his loyalty to the club or the owner. He would have been better advised to have kept quiet on negotiations until deals are complete. That would avoid having to continually make statements to appease fans - better to have done the business then made the statement of the signing.

/quote]

To be fair if there was nowt mentioned throughout this place would be full of people demanding answers, neighbour

I didnt expect us to sign anyone until the last couple of days of the transfer window but we've signed Bedoya, Goian, Mackay, Ortiz, Wallace and Bartley and spent around £3.5/4M on topping up the squad. I still think we'll be signing one or two big players on the last day or two of the window!

We will have spent around £1m net after McKay and Bedoya sign. Good going for about 6 or 7 players. Leaves us a good few million to add the real quality we need also.

We will have spent around £1m net after McKay and Bedoya sign. Good going for about 6 or 7 players. Leaves us a good few million to add the real quality we need also.

I can see this site going into meltdown on transfer deadline day.

Just imagine SSN ' And breaking news for Rangers fans, talks ongoing regarding a massive signing imminent announcement to follow...'

I heard last night all our deals have been negotiated by e mail.

Why are we not sending people over to talk to agents and players and give them that personal touch we always used to.Remember Gazza saying he had everyone and their granny in Italy talking up how great Rangers were and how welcome he would be..Laudrup was the same..so why now is it so impersonal.

What a shambles we're turning into.

I heard last night all our deals have been negotiated by e mail.

Why are we not sending people over to talk to agents and players and give them that personal touch we always used to.Remember Gazza saying he had everyone and their granny in Italy talking up how great Rangers were and how welcome he would be..Laudrup was the same..so why now is it so impersonal.

What a shambles we're turning into.

I know where you are coming from mate, but it really is down to the fact that we don't have the money. It would be even worse if Whyte hadn't coughed up as well, which isn't much of compensator, but it is something. There are even different working groups that the mhanks are part of with the EPL that we aren't because of funding, and to me that's just shocking, but its all down to the money.

I know where you are coming from mate, but it really is down to the fact that we don't have the money. It would be even worse if Whyte hadn't coughed up as well, which isn't much of compensator, but it is something. There are even different working groups that the mhanks are part of with the EPL that we aren't because of funding, and to me that's just shocking, but its all down to the money.

Whats this mate? <cr>