Mccoist - No Signings Expected For Euro Deadline

MCLACHLAN1

We might have only had Miller for half a season but he still finished as still the SPL's top goal-scorer. Like I said, we've never replaced him. This season it seems we'll pin all our hopes on Jelavic and Lafferty and their ability to stay fit, injury free, on form, and away from suspension. By the looks of things we'll keep dragging Naismith out of midfield whenever we're short up front and considering he was our POTY last season from the right-wing I don't think that's a good thing. Even when we loaned Diouf last season even he could play up front. Where's our forard options this season?

If you think Goian is going to be a better player for us than Bougherra then you're being very optimistic. Also, Bartley was a part of our defense last season too not just this season. Last season we also had Ricky Foster to cover RB.

You're right not to compaire Weiss and Ortiz because Weiss is a far superior player. Also, is there even any point listing Wylde as a possible option for the left-wing this season when Ally seems so reluctant to play him due to this contract issue?

I want us to sign a striker.

Boogie wasn't that good last year so I don't see how im being optimistic, Goian looks fucking solid. Bartley got injured quite quick last season.

No because Weiss is a winger while Ortiz isn't and Weiss was far from great on the left last season and got criticised regularly on here. Im going by what we have and Wylde featured in our last game.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

(tu) Cheers.

I'm not accepting Miller because we didn't have him for half of last season either. Weiss's replacement is the big problem - I agree with that.

Miller did a lot more for us last season than Weiss did and is a much bigger loss. Accept it. (tu)

This is the straw that breaks the Camels back for me.

I think regardless of what happens this new Regime is full of shit and I won't believe another word I hear from it.

14 days of the window left. Out the Champions League and a Weaker First 11 than last season.

Very very disappointed .

Dae ye actually enjoy following the Rangers? Or are ye jist no allowed tae complain in the hoose?

The reason we went out the CL is cos the team never turned up at Ibrox, and when they did, they never took the chances that came their way. That was followed by sheer stupidity in Malmo by Whittaker and Bougherra. How anybody can blame Craig Whyte or Ally McCoist, or anybody else who wasn't actually on the park that night is beyond me.

We will find it more difficult to attract quality players to the club with no CL football this season, but it's hardly the fault of anyone else other than the team who took to the field on those two nights against Malmo.

Try tae be more positive - ye'll feel a lot better for it.

hmmm. Lafferty is injured. So is weir. Bougherras off. Wylde isnt playing much these days. What if we get further injuries?

Im not one to panic, but im growing increasingly concerned with the lack of real investment in the playing squad, we were told by one of our greatest ever managers that we badly needed investment and players, we all knew that anyway, we all have eyes, but now it suits some of the fuckin idiots on here to say "auch we're no worse off than last season". I show concern and im a panic merchant?

:isay:

(tu) Cheers.

I'm not accepting Miller because we didn't have him for half of last season either. Weiss's replacement is the big problem - I agree with that. Hopefully the two new signings (Bedoya, McKay) will fill that creative gap out wide.

It's not right for people to be getting abused for speaking their mind, but at the same time it's not right for people to be abusing the playing squad, management staff, and administrative staff at our club. I'm not saying you do this, but I've seen alot of it on here. I wish we'd signed more and better players so far but I still think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Some people are too keen to see the cynical explanation behind everything.

if you choose not to accept that we havent replaced last seasons spl top goalscorer mate, then thats fine. Strange, but fine.

if you choose not to accept that we havent replaced last seasons spl top goalscorer mate, then thats fine. Strange, but fine.

What I'm saying is that, comparing the squad that finished last season to the squad that started this, he wasn't in either. We do need a new striker and I'll be disapointed if we don't sign one, but we needed that new striker for half of last season too.

Papac has been one of our best and most consistent players for years yet Rangers spent £1.5m on a player who can fill the exact same position. Couldn't the signing of a LB have waited until next year? After all we've gone three years without cover for Papac and done well. Right no we have only one striker in Jelavic and Lafferty is anything but proven and/or consistent. A striker is more of a priority than a LB. Where's Kenny Miller's replacement?

Left backs - Papac(who is in his last year with us)

Strikers - Jelavic, Lafferty, Healy, Beattie, Hemmings and Naismith can play there aswell.

And you say we needed a left back more ? and we went on to win the League without Miller ffs. Yes we need another striker but it wasnt a bigger priority.

Last year we had Foster as cover and the season before we had Stevie Smith whereas this season we have nobody so why not get cover and a long term replacement in one ?

Left backs - Papac(who is in his last year with us)

Strikers - Jelavic, Lafferty, Healy, Beattie, Hemmings and Naismith can play there aswell.

And you say we needed a left back more ? and we went on to win the League without Miller ffs. Yes we need another striker but it wasnt a bigger priority.

Last year we had Foster as cover and the season before we had Stevie Smith whereas this season we have nobody so why not get cover and a long term replacement in one ?

If Lee Wallace continues to play the way he's started, Papac will be the cover. :happy:

We dont need new signings to get past Maribor. No problems with this. Still two weeks of the real window left and i fully expect the cheque book to come out.

Thats the same pish most people said on here 2 weeks ago against malmo,example oh diddy team from slovenia we will beat them no problem and woops looked what happened.

You also have to contend with that Whittaker,papac,edu(sus) and weir and bartely are very doubtful.

Thats the same pish most people said on here 2 weeks ago against malmo,example oh diddy team from slovenia we will beat them no problem and woops looked what happened.

You also have to contend with that Whittaker,papac,edu(sus) and weir and bartely are very doubtful.

Is Edu suspended?

This is the straw that breaks the Camels back for me.

I think regardless of what happens this new Regime is full of shit and I won't believe another word I hear from it.

14 days of the window left. Out the Champions League and a Weaker First 11 than last season.

Very very disappointed .

I know you dont hold back yer feelings as your post suggests but ill wait till 1st september before i am fully convinced that there is any wrong doings, we should in honesty beat Maribor, sounds like you have us beat already due to failing to get a signing in for the game, have some faith and cross yer fingers players arrive within the next couple off weeks (tu) if not whyte will know about it then perhaps

Behave yourself, we clearly have and had the players to beat Malmo, our inexperienced manager made several mistakes which led to that defeat.

We are talking about players who have won us the title for the last 3 years and won domestic trophies on top of those titles!

I know you dont hold back yer feelings as your post suggests but ill wait till 1st september before i am fully convinced that there is any wrong doings, we should in honesty beat Maribor, sounds like you have us beat already due to failing to get a signing in for the game, have some faith and cross yer fingers players arrive within the next couple off weeks (tu) if not whyte will know about it then perhaps

No he wont. Fans will accept it like they done under Murray.

(tu)

We've lost Weiss & still not properly replaced Miller who both contributed massively last year.

We've also lost Bougherra and replaced him with a much slower player in Goian and there is still question make over Wylde's future and he too has potentially been replaced with a much slower ad older player in Ortiz too.

McCulloch and Weir are both toiling and struggling with injuires and in spite of what people think about their ability Diouf and Foster going back to their parent clubs is akin to losing three or four players due to their versatility.

At this moment in time we are a much slower team than we were last year, and even then we lacked pace, so hopefully that is addressed soon.

McKay and Bedoya will help and Ness will be like a new signing too but we are still a few players short.

We've lost Weiss & still not properly replaced Miller who both contributed massively last year.

We've also lost Bougherra and replaced him with a much slower player in Goian and there is still question make over Wylde's future and he too has potentially been replaced with a much slower ad older player in Ortiz too.

McCulloch and Weir are both toiling and struggling with injuires and in spite of what people think about their ability Diouf and Foster going back to their parent clubs is akin to losing three or four players due to their versatility.

At this moment in time we are a much slower team than we were last year, and even then we lacked pace, so hopefully that is addressed soon.

McKay and Bedoya will help and Ness will be like a new signing too but we are still a few players short.

Agree with this.