*** The Official Rangers Vs. Nk Maribor Thread ***

Jamie1807

Pish result & it leaves us in the position of being put out of 2 euro competitions despite having draws that most people would be delighted with. It can be argued that we never got the breaks tonight but failing to beat, an at best average team, over 2 games is unacceptable in my opinion.

And another thing- what an absolute little cunt that striker was for them. Kirk bundled into him, goes down holding his foot, and Kirk gives the tiniest, tiniest little touch on his chin telling him to get up, and he went down again holding his face. Absolutely pathetic.

I've watched Ortiz for years and yes it may have taken Hatley time to settle, the difference being there was always a genuine top class quality footballer there. If anyone is waiting for Ortiz to comparatively improve as much as big Mark did, they will be sorely disappointed.

I cannot for a long time remember us being as poor going down the right. Ortiz and Broadfoot trying to go forward and create were like watching a train crash.

I have, but this is so fun, after your 4-0, 5-0 predictions, and how scary we are of you hahahahahaha where is your god now bitches :D

Your team has managed to scrape through, beating a team clearly superior to yours, who happened to not turn up tonight until the last 20 minutes and handed you at least two ridiculously soft goals over two legs. The thing you should be more concerned about, as you obviously know you are a poor to average team, is that in the group stages you will be playing teams who shall play probably 4-5 times better than we played tonight. I hope you are looking forward to group stage obscurity and a couple of humpings along the way.

I took my girlfriend to the game tonight, she knows fuk all about football but at one point she asked, 'why is no-one doing anything?'. Summed it up for me, heres someone who knows nothing about football but could see that our players just werent interested. IMO there wasnt enough desire or fight to win that game, there wasnt exactly alot of urgency to our play.

Typical Rangers, went into that game thinking that we would stroll it, happens all the time. Put out of europe by Malmo and Maribor, minnows who we THINK that we will beat but on the pitch its a different story. Simply not good enough.

Why when are chasing the tie and needing a goal did we only go for it when we went 1-0 down? I struggle to understand that. It is simply amazing. Ally should have been urging them on like fuck to get goals from the off or even at half time at 0-0, really demand much more and push people forward at all costs.

We just went out with a whimper.

Don't be aggressive on such a beautiful day, you can all come to Birmingham and cheer for us hahaha

LOL....its a sorry state of affairs when anyone from the 3rd world think they can take the piss!