Goian

Another assured performance from him last night. A solid no nonsense defender who can pick a decent pass when the situation arises.

My one criticism is that he seems to rush off his defensive line to close down the opposition. He done it several times last night, quite effectively may I add. The one time he didn't they scored.

I am being a bit hypocritical here as I prefer for us to close down the opposition rather than let them stroll into the box unchallenged, as we often did in the past.

Was the problem last night that Goian left his post or his fellow defenders didn't cover him when he did? Was he instructed to do this or is it part of his game?

Like I said, good solid defender who has performed well so far. If he knows what he's doing when he runs out to close down then fine. If it's a rush of blood then it could be a weakness in his so far impressive armour.

The problem with the goal was that all the defenders done something different, they didn't act as a unit. Perry ended up trying to play offside, whereas Broadfoot was a good few yards behind him. It wasn't helped by Goian rushing out, though.

The problem with the goal was that all the defenders done something different, they didn't act as a unit. Perry ended up trying to play offside, whereas Broadfoot was a good few yards behind him. It wasn't helped by Goian rushing out, though.

Broadfoot's the fud though - the other defenders moved forward and he decided to sit back like the fucking idiot he is. Shoot him in the fucking head now.

That was the problem.

I'm maybe reading too much into it as that defence didn't really know each other, which doesn't help. Not an excuse just an observation.

I actually think that Goian, Bocanegra and Wallace are pretty decent buys and easily good enough for the SPL. Wallace in particular could become a very good player.

The problem is that there seems to be no organisation within the defence. When something bad happens they are left standing looking at each other as if to say "who was meant to pick him up?" This is something that didn't happen under Walter, when he came back after PLG the first thing he did was tighten up the defence and that was the rock that he built the next 3 seasons on.

The defence is not being coached properly. That's the managers fault.

Broadfoot didn't step up, Perry did step up (but didn't see Broadfoot clearly), Goian went out to cover the player who ( by Edu??? I believe) was left free, Bocanegra had to decide quickly who was the bigger threat, the man Goian left or his own man.... chose wrongly as it happens. Point is, it's a culmination of errors.

Goian needs a solid and reliable partner beside him.

Neither Bocanegra or Perry are that partner...in Perry's case not yet.

When Weir returns from injury i fully expect him to slot in beside Goian.

This will be the same Weir who was absolutely slaughtered at times on here for being to old and slow last year , and now we have a terrible run and everyone wants him back ??????????

Back four need to play as a unit - and that was a makeshift back four that has hardly played together ......

..... and I am NOT a huge fan of CB charging out to make tackles in Midfield - thats a job for our holding Midfielder (McCulloch does that well ) No protection from Edu, CB rushes out - 1 chance - 1 goal - cue the "we need answers.... " brigade (Is it Scots football, our club, our manager, our owner(s) , SKY - who is to blame??? Answer....

HEALY !! :pipe: )

My only criticism is that he gets too tight on his men and gets turned too easy.

Time for him to have a settle CB partner because this chopping and changing of CB's is not good for the team.

I agree with this. Happened a few times last night. But otherwise he was solid as fuck and played the ball from the back. Really impressed.