So, Is That The Chequebook Away Then?

It's obvious we're still short on quality and require an absolute minimum of 2 decent players to come in because quite frankly I'm not convinced what we have is good enough to make it 4IAR - certainly not on the evidence so far.

If we don't sign anyone else how would this impact on your opinion of Craig Whyte?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite rightly.

We are going to make no profit this season and we will need to minimize that loss as much as possible.

And if you're Craig Whyte how can you trust Ally to bring in the right players and win the League when he cant even get by Maribor and Malmo ?

Who knows but I wouldnt be against waiting till January to sign players.

Our squad is more than good enough right now.

No chance of getting any quality injected into the side at the moment, clubs will take us for a ride when it comes to transfer fee's after we embarassed ourselves in the transfer market. A loan deal or some past it journeyman is the best we could hope for in the next few days, can't evensee that happening.

Quite rightly.

We are going to make no profit this season and we will need to minimize that loss as much as possible.

And if you're Craig Whyte how can you trust Ally to bring in the right players and win the League when he cant even get by Maribor and Malmo ?

Who knows but I wouldnt be against waiting till January to sign players.

Our squad is more than good enough right now.

From what I've seen so far it certainly isn't. But I'm hoping once I've seen Bedoya and MacKay play they do enough to change my opinion. I still think we need a Centre Half and a Striker.

We need a striker. I doubt we'll spend the money on one now that we're out of Europe. It may well be that we'll run with what we've got until the January window opens.

If this is what Craig Whyte has decided in order to keep the club within it's limits financially, then so be it. It's his money that's at stake, so he has the right to make such a decision.

We're well enough covered in other areas to cope with the demands of the SPL.

Is the transfer window not closed by then? I think it is.

That's not to say there won't be players offered before then right enough.

They lodge their squads with the League the day after the window closes, but any clubs who have players surplus to requirements will make others aware before the window closes.

It wouldn't make sense to wait until after the window closes, as this would mean good players not playing competitive football for the season.

Incidentally, how does this 25 man squad work if a club decides to bring in another player in the January window? Do they have to drop someone out of their initial squad to make space for him? I've never thought about that before.

Wont change my opinion of the owner who has made an outstanding start to his Rangers ownership. I cant thank him enough for giving Ibrox the facelift it so badly needed, giving Ally so many new players and tying up so many important players on long term deals, 3 things which would never have happened under the old regime. Its just a shame Ally has let him down on more than one occassion already.

One would need to be fucking idiot to demand or ask for any more spending given our current situation.

13 new signings, 7 new players, 3 key players on 5 year deals and a hot prospect on a 5 year deal also. His commitment cannot be questioned.

Its just such a shame due to our coaching teams ineptness that we are going to post a loss in Mr Whytes first year in charge. He doesnt deserve that at all.

Thank you again Mr Whyte

:clap::praise:

Wont change my opinion of the owner who has made an outstanding start to his Rangers ownership. I cant thank him enough for giving Ibrox the facelift it so badly needed, giving Ally so many new players and tying up so many important players on long term deals, 3 things which would never have happened under the old regime. Its just a shame Ally has let him down on more than one occassion already.

One would need to be fucking idiot to demand or ask for any more spending given our current situation.

13 new signings, 7 new players, 3 key players on 5 year deals and a hot prospect on a 5 year deal also. His commitment cannot be questioned.

Its just such a shame due to our coaching teams ineptness that we are going to post a loss in Mr Whytes first year in charge. He doesnt deserve that at all.

Thank you again Mr Whyte

Didn't you know that being a ray of sunshine is frowned upon on RM?

Thank you again Mr Whyte

This is spot on (tu)

I think we may sneak a striker in there on loan now for the season and then I feel its been a good transfer window!

As far as im concerned Whyte has saved us from the shower of bankers who were hell bent on selling anyone for any amount just to get money back.

This is spot on (tu)

I think we may sneak a striker in there on loan now for the season and then I feel its been a good transfer window!

As far as im concerned Whyte has saved us from the shower of bankers who were hell bent on selling anyone for any amount just to get money back.

I would love a striker but unless we can get rid of a few passengers i dont think it is wise, financially.

(tu)

gotta laugh at thanking mr whyte.... if he had put his hand in his pocket sooner then we would not be in such a state..... our transfer dealings have been nothing short of shambolic, and what has he actually spent?? we got 1m for adam, and reported 1.7m for bougie,...

weve spent 400k on boganegra,about the same for beydoya, and mckay.... Ortiz, no conmment!

you do the maths, seems we have blown the money we had on securing deals for Davis, whiti and sha**er..... ok these needed to be done bar whiti, who single handedly cost us 10mil...wish he had went to Turky!!!!!

only saving grace is that they are also struggling..... it will be a case of whos the best of a bad lot this year!!!!AGAIN.....

until we get itno the EPL then this will always be the case i'm afraid.......but as long we we win 4IAR :)_