Bedoya For Lafferty?

I'm as sceptical of Ally's abilities as anyone but let's look at the facts here. We're 1-0 up and Aberdeen are in the ascendency, running the midfield and threatening to score. We are defending desperately and carrying arguably two passengers up front - one out of form and one unfit after injury and suffering from cramp. Mo Edu is playing reasonably well and much better than 90% of our support will ever admit. Ally decides to pull the unfit striker and chooses to bring on a midfielder rather than the ineffectual David Healy. We immediately retake control of the midfield and threaten the goal fairly often for the rest of the match. We also score another goal after the switch. BY WHAT POSSIBLE MEASURE WAS IT A BAD FUCKING TACTICAL MOVE?

Get a grip people.

agree m8 ..the sheep had the game by the scruff of the neck so ally just closed it in midfield and it seemed to work ..

p.s. yes i am of the 90% of our support regards edu think u know that already ,anyway as bad as he is we kinda needed him in that midfield 5

just to shore it up a bit nothing else .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Striker should have come on for a striker Healy should have come on, Jelavic will get fucked off and want to go won't surprise me. Were then playing 4-5-1 at home against dross.

We had our backs to the wall and sheep looked like scoring at the point when we subbed lafferty. Bringing on healy would have made little to no difference.

Harsh but honest. Its what we done almost every week under Walter with Ally as asst, like i said, its all he knows.

How many new signings started today, two I believe, so does he not deserve to be judged when these guys are bedded in?

I under no illusions how bad we can be but any manager whether he was assistant before or not needs time to shape his team.

If he doesn't get game time and match sharpness were going to expect miracles off the guy with 10 minutes every 1 in 5 games.

So he should be getting game time when we're not being overrun in the midfield and only 1-0 up. He isn't going to help us close out a game when we're being dominated. And the odds of him snatching a goal to see us safely through are slim, since he's not wearing a NI shirt.

Obviously not going to judge him on what I seen of him in the 20 min spell that he was on the park but I wasnt too convinced by what I saw of Bedoya. Didnt seem to have any sort of first touch or composure. Hopefully this is just down to nerves and the fact the game was very scrapy when he came on. He does look really quick though!

How many new signings started today, two I believe, so does he not deserve to be judged when these guys are bedded in?

I under no illusions how bad we can be but any manager whether he was assistant before or not needs time to shape his team.

How much reshaping does a team need who are just off the back of 3 successive league titles and 5 domestic trophies?

maybe i should start a new thread on this but its just a thought tbh ..

jelavic has went off the boil,most players do ,but ive got a feeling hes maybe a bit pissed off that certain players have improved

contracts and are now on a bit more than him .i dont know if that is the case but its the only thing i can put my finger on ..

cause greegs apart he is the best player we have..

something just aint right with the big man this season .

p.s only mentioned it on here cause a few questioned his form .

Obviously not going to judge him on what I seen of him in the 20 min spell that he was on the park but I wasnt too convinced by what I saw of Bedoya. Didnt seem to have any sort of first touch or composure. Hopefully this is just down to nerves and the fact the game was very scrapy when he came on. He does look really quick though!

FFS mate, give the guy a chance.

How much reshaping does a team need who are just off the back of 3 successive league titles and 5 domestic trophies?

Well obviously u weren't happy with how smith won games and the quality of football, so that's what requires re-shaping.

Well obviously u weren't happy with how smith won games and the quality of football, so that's what requires re-shaping.

We already had the players to change the style of play but Ally just went with exactly the same old same old, even resigning some of Walters signings for his own era.

RIGHT lets get this into perspective ffs .how can u say u aint impressed by a player after only seeing him for 20 mins ..

fuxake mark hately took 6 months at least before he came good and look how important he ended up ..

ok we dont have 6 months to wait this time around but by fuck give the guy more than 20 mins before you judge him ...sticks head in sand .

I'm as sceptical of Ally's abilities as anyone but let's look at the facts here. We're 1-0 up and Aberdeen are in the ascendency, running the midfield and threatening to score. We are defending desperately and carrying arguably two passengers up front - one out of form and one unfit after injury and suffering from cramp. Mo Edu is playing reasonably well and much better than 90% of our support will ever admit. Ally decides to pull the unfit striker and chooses to bring on a midfielder rather than the ineffectual David Healy. We immediately retake control of the midfield and threaten the goal fairly often for the rest of the match. We also score another goal after the switch. BY WHAT POSSIBLE MEASURE WAS IT A BAD FUCKING TACTICAL MOVE?

Get a grip people.

by the measure that there are too many fuckin so called gers supporters slaggin a manager who is five minutes on the job.

your post makes too much fuckin sense, what's this site comin to?

RIGHT lets get this into perspective ffs .how can u say u aint impressed by a player after only seeing him for 20 mins ..

fuxake mark hately took 6 months at least before he came good and look how important he ended up ..

ok we dont have 6 months to wait this time around but by fuck give the guy more than 20 mins before you judge him ...sticks head in sand .

As i stated, im not going to judge him on that performance. I think its very possible to not be impressed by a player after watching them for 20 mins. IMO I wasnt impressed with his display. At no point did I say that I dont think he is not going to be a good player for us. Just stating what I observed today. Like I said I hope im proved wrong.

As i stated, im not going to judge him on that performance. I think its very possible to not be impressed by a player after watching them for 20 mins. IMO I wasnt impressed with his display. At no point did I say that I dont think he is not going to be a good player for us. Just stating what I observed today. Like I said I hope im proved wrong.

even wee naisy never impressed for ages .by fuck he is one of our best players now tbh m8 ..

even wee naisy never impressed for ages .by fuck he is one of our best players now tbh m8 ..

Agreed mate, like I said im only commenting on what I observed today. Not casting any judgement on what he may be like in the future.

In one sentence alone you said you're not going to judge him, then go on to judge him :lol:

Give him a few games before you are "not too convinced" by what you saw.

Agreed mate, like I said im only commenting on what I observed today. Not casting any judgement on what he may be like in the future.

(tu) bedoya will be a good aquisition .matt mckay the same both bargains tbh ..

mckay will have a bigger impact initially ,bedoya may take a bit more time .