Minutes Silence

Gaffbear

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see why you may have thought my last point was meant in a points-scoring mindset when read on it's own, but what I was really meaning was if any of my previous points as to why we should have a minutes silence fail to convince you then you could always do it just to get one over on "them".

Frankly though to seize on that last comment as being representitive of the whole of what I was saying was a bit unfair.

I agree with what you said though.

It wasn't personal or anything mate it's just a viewpoint that some people have which i disagree with.

Hate when a thread like this gets turned into point scoring v celitc! Simple question. Simple answer....yes - we should have a minute silence as a mark of respect to our american players. Nothing to do with Celtic....a tragedy that should be remembered ... not used in a we are better than them ..........(even thought we are! ;) )

Totally agree mate. First reply is about celtic! It's about us not them!

The 1st reply made by me in this thread was asking what kind of minutes respect fits into the taigs policy seeing as we are playing them. I wanted to know if like the Norway killings this is a minutes silence or is at applause? Or is it only when they know their fans will show them up that its a minutes applause.

It should be up to the players to decide, particularly the Americans, if they want to request that they can show show a mark of respect. The club should not push it on them. If the fans want to make banners to show support then so be it, that would be a nice gesture. However some sort of pre-conceived marketing attempt is something I would find truly disgusting and would never want to see.

The fact the game is on the 10th to me would say that there should be no silence, people can mark there respect on the actual anniversary on the 11th in their own way.

Well since we now have 3 American players in our team, they will mock it. Remember what they done with reyna?

They also interrupted a moment of silence for 9/11 against Motherwell at Fir Park, a video clip of it being reported on the news was used in "Scotland's Secret Shame": http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8V7Y9cg8e5o#t=388s

(can't embed it and have it load at that point, have to link it)