Davis

stewaj3

I've said this a few times but I dont think davis has the stature to be a CM in the spl, when he plays CM he gets no time on the ball. He may not be a RM, but at least when he plays there he gets time to make things happen and provides that bit of quality that we really lack in midfield!

I know that he won't play well every game no matter where he plays, but I just think we see the best of him at right midfield as he gets more time! Anyone else agree??

Something that many of our fans and the media/pundits never point out or refuse to accept.

Davis has consistently delivered better performances at RM than CM and lol at him getting MOTM today.

Its gets hidden by the fact he is still the best midfielder kicking around the SPL but that says more about the SPL than him to be brutally honest. Still delighted to have him and still regard him as our best midfielder by far.

He probably was MOTM today though because mostly everyone else was poor although I thought Whittaker looked better than he has done. CB's were quite good as well.

Yeah, we should fill Scottish football with more 6ft 7 hardmen. These smaller players who would rather pass the ball just can't cut it.

You've clearly missed the point! I'm just pointing out I think davis is more effective out wide, I think someone like Naismith/Ness would be more effective in CM! Jes! I think the hammer throwers in the SPL are too physical for davis in CM, At least out wide he comes up against players like say, Swanson, who he is a match for phyiscally and has the ability to beat him too. That run where he hit both posts today was awesome though!

Disagree with the second paragraph, Edu was better as were the two CBs and possibly Naismith.

I wouldn't say there was much difference to between Davis, Edu and Naismith to be honest. All decent/good games.

If Naismith or Davis had scored then I wouldn't have bothered if either got MOTM. No real MOTM performances from any player if I'm honest.

I've said this a few times but I dont think davis has the stature to be a CM in the spl, when he plays CM he gets no time on the ball. He may not be a RM, but at least when he plays there he gets time to make things happen and provides that bit of quality that we really lack in midfield!

I know that he won't play well every game no matter where he plays, but I just think we see the best of him at right midfield as he gets more time! Anyone else agree??

Nope. Centre-mid for me. His stature has hee-haw to do with it - he runs all day and sees things others don't - the wee man's one of the few quality players we have.

Something that many of our fans and the media/pundits never point out or refuse to accept.

Davis has consistently delivered better performances at RM than CM and lol at him getting MOTM today.

I've read quite a few of your posts on Davis and you seem to dislike the guy, gods honest truth, you never say 1 good word about our finest midfielder which is worrying.