Was Edu Playing

breeks

I prefer to look at it as good man management. And it isn't lies it is McCoist's opinion. There is a huge difference.

Is it lies to suggest Davis was Man of the Match or Goian when it was quite clearly Stevie Naismith. Or were the sponsors lying when they gave it to Lafferty who scored one and missed two sitters and Naismith scored two goals.

Of course Edu wasn't man of the match but he wasn't rubbish either which many fans are implying.

Of course, and i'd have had no problem with pointing out Edu played well, but going over the top with praise also has the potential to see him carried way.

It's not a huge issue especially when you consider the result and how right Ally got it on the whole, I just found that comment baffling when I heard it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, and i'd have had no problem with pointing out Edu played well, but going over the top with praise also has the potential to see him carried way.

It's not a huge issue especially when you consider the result and how right Ally got it on the whole, I just found that comment baffling when I heard it.

McCoist knows he is getting a hard time from the fans and so does Edu. I just thought it was good man management to hear McCoist come out and sing the praises of a player who is simply not wanted at Ibrox by large sections of the support.

I also thought he deserved the praise as well because without Edu doing the job he did so effectively it could be argued that Davis and Naismith couldn't have done theirs as effectively.

After he made that run into the box, and then tripped over his own feet, I thought it was going to be yet another poor performance. After that though, he settled in very well, and became a lot more composed with the ball. Had to admire his willingness to work on two occasions on Sunday: chasing Samaras back from the touchline, to about 30 yards from goal. Looked a dangerous attack up until then, but he did perfectly to stop it progressing. And then in the 90th minute, he sprinted a good 30 yards to try and beat Loovens to a ball, even though there was little chance of him getting there. Put the pressure on, made it a lot more difficult for him.

I like Mo, and really want him to turn a corner with us. That's two great performances now in two weeks, hopefully he can keep it up.

considering that for the first time in almost 18months we had more of the ball than celtic, then your defensive mid MUST get a lot of credit for that

everyone played well, and i mean everyone, but edu's covering, even if he doesnt make a tackle, as long as he is covering, makes a massive difference

he's a more mobile version of mcculloch

Very much agree. The weakest player in our midfield when we have possession though. Would much prefer Bartley, Ness or Hutton sitting along side Davis.

Saying that, his break up play on Sunday was good. Cover a lot of ground and stalled/stopped a good proportion of their attacks

To be fair MOTM was Stevie Naismith but the sponsors had already given it to Lafferty as they, like all us did thought he scored the last goal of the game, the winner. Had the award been given out after the 4th, Naisy would have got it. Edu played well, not MOTM material but good management from Super on his quote.

the first one you are talking about rhe maribor game correct? they too the throw in and the whole back 4 of rangers went to sleep, and then shagger getting beat at his near post is criminal

losing the ball and passing backwards, not many other rangers players have been better this season going forward, davis has been missing in a lot of games and he's supposed to be our big thing,

rangers have conceded 3 league goals all season

hearts goal whittaker lost his man

hoopers goal bocanegra played him onside

shagger fucked up on the 3rd

our defence has been solid as fuck and edu is our defensive mid (who actually covers a lot more ground than he probably should) so he deserves credit for that impressive Goals Against ratio

I don't understand why everyone is so determined to blame Boca for this. It was Whittaker who let Hooper just run past him and let him have all the room he wanted.

I don't understand why everyone is so determined to blame Boca for this. It was Whittaker who let Hooper just run past him and let him have all the room he wanted.

Agreed - Whittaker was very poor on Sunday, 1st half especially. He was our weakest link by far.

you may find that there was a shout to step up/push out or whatever, in an attempt to play hooper offside

you may find that there was a shout to step up/push out or whatever, in an attempt to play hooper offside

Watch it again mate. Davis is marking Hooper but chooses to try and close down the lego muncher, Hooper then runs right past whittaker who does not track him or try to stop the run. Yes Bocanegra is deep, but Hooper is level with Goian and Papac when the ball was played as Rangers_no1 has also pointed out.

Watch it again mate. Davis is marking Hooper but chooses to try and close down the lego muncher, Hooper then runs right past whittaker who does not track him or try to stop the run. Yes Bocanegra is deep, but Hooper is level with Goian and Papac when the ball was played as Rangers_no1 has also pointed out.

well the whole lot of them need top sort out their lines then, hooper is the lone striker and he evaded every defender :wink:

You're the typical type of football fan that does not fully understand the game, talk about passes and cutting throw balls proves that to be fact. Maybe come back when you understand what the role of a DM actually involves!?

He never lost the ball at all, complete lies, and to claim he tacked back once is actually laughable.

laughable so a dm shouldnt be able to open the defence up with a pass that's our problem settling for the will have to do and not the can doos so ok I dnt know anything but clearly nether do u if a dm shouldn't have to make long passes aswell but as I said if wee had one that could then what diffrence would that make.

Edu couldn't tackle a fish supper.

He should not be our holding midfielder, or whatever he's being called.

He had a half decent game against the scum, but he is well short of the required performance in a Rangers jersey.

He's had plenty of time to get his shit together, and needs to put in a run of 25 or 30 good games right now, to show he's a Ranger.

Busquets, Alonso, Cambiasso are up there as the best DM in world football, how often do you see them play defence splitting passes!?

Busquets runs throw defences, scores goal makes the ryt passes same for Alonso dnt say edu plays the same as them and yes you do see them make long defence cutting passes alot more than edu.