The Mo Edu Appreciation Thread

GrangemouthRSC

Well done to Edu for weathering the storm and making his detractors eat humble pie.

Nobody is going to be eating any humble pie. He was abysmal for months last season and that's not acceptable.

He has been playing reasonably well this season as well as the tail end last season but this isn't a time for gloating. Hopefully he can perform well for a whole season instead of just 3 games.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is going to be eating any humble pie. He was abysmal for months last season and that's not acceptable.

He has been playing reasonably well this season as well as the tail end last season but this isn't a time for gloating. Hopefully he can perform well for a whole season instead of just 3 games.

Not gloating in the least; apologies if it came off that way. Just meant to say that I was never comfortable with the abuse he was getting - I just believe the last thing that will help a player to improve is a constant barracking from his own support.

He's played more than reasonably well for more than 3 games.

I think the last thing you need is any sort of a pie. Humble or otherwise.

He's played more than reasonably well for more than 3 games.

I think the last thing you need is any sort of a pie. Humble or otherwise.

Waste and swally will always struggle to give Edu any sort of credit. I myself think Edu has been playing well from the start of the season.

I hope a few fans learn from the Mo Edu situation. When the big guy came in and showed he could de a job for us. He's athletic, strong and pacey (perfect for the SPL) but due to injuries he somewhat lost his way and ultimately lost his confidence. It just confirms that if we get behind our players instead of getting on their backs, they will only perform better. It's a no brainer.

I am glad to see him back to form as he is a far better foil to the more skillful footballers than the very limited Lee "constant fouls is not dig" McCulloch

I hope a few fans learn from the Mo Edu. When the big guy came in and showed he could de a job for us. He's athletic, strong and pacey (perfect for the SPL) but due to injuries he somewhat lost his way and ultimately lost his confidence. It just confirms that if we get behind our players instead of getting on their backs, they will only perform better. It's a no brainer.

I am glad to see him back to form as he is a far better foil to the more skillful footballers than the very limited Lee "constant fouls is not dig" McCulloch

What have we got to learn?

He loses confidence for no reason at all? I have no idea why he went from a decent player to what he was at the start of this year, there was no single incident that caused it.

I expect Rangers players to be mentally stronger than that, but hopefully that's him turned the corner now.

He loses confidence for no reason at all? I have no idea why he went from a decent player to what he was at the start of this year, there was no single incident that caused it.

I expect Rangers players to be mentally stronger than that, but hopefully that's him turned the corner now.

We have plenty to learn. Instead of jumping on a players back when they are evidently playing under par we should recognise their lack of confidence and get behind them. As soon they put on the blue jersey they deserve our 100% support. End of

Far better players than Edu lose confidence at some point in their career. Look at Torres now - or indeed, Andy Goram when he first joined us made a few costly mistakes in big games.

We have plenty to learn. Instead of jumping on a players back when they are evidently playing under par we should recognise their lack of confidence and get behind them. As soon they put on the blue jersey they deserve our 100% support. End of

Agreed. I'm by no means perfect and not above rolling my eyes at some performances (or having a word or two at the computer screen), but shouting abuse when attending a match is a different story imo. Save the verbal darts for the opposition. ;)