John Fleck

Bluenose87

I'm not sure what other fans out there feel but i think we should play Fleck more. Admittedly, he is young but I feel Ally should be including a little more as he has got real potential. Sometimes a player really needs a season to not so much "make or break" him but really help him establish/gethimself into the team. He's got vision, pace, a bit of extra technique/skill, so i think he should be starting more. Could may play Laff or Wylde on the left, Flect as a AMF in the centre and naismith on the right and Jelavic in a free/striker role on his own with balls coming in from either side. We could have Edu in a holding role and Davis playing a central role spraying balls around. Could havbe three at the back : Bocanegra, Papac, Whittaker could form a back three - kind of diamond formation at the back. And, of course, McGregor at the back. I think the squad looks really good, so im kind of excited baout this season :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i'm not sure he even has a fixed position. I think he is kind of player u just ask to play in a free role. The system isn't broken but we were very lucky to win against Killie midweek and also Hibs, so might be nice to just try Fleck out and see what he can do. Going down south may have helped him get some games under his belt but u don't want him to sort of get stuck. I'm really impressed with Ness and Ross Perry : Murray park is really making a difference now, i think :)

come on! but im open minded : he might not do it or he might be very good ; we just don't know until we throw him in. We should give him a chance to express himself. Not saying he'll be the next Cruyff but i think he could be really good and give us that little bit of quality going forward

I assume you've missed his previous appearances wide left?

yeah, they can both play there, i think. Thought Laff was different class against Kilmarnock and he's flexible : can play either in middle or out the wide(it's a squad game). If you mean Wylde, i thought he was ok against kilmarnock( and, of course, he scored) but, u know, i think he can, sometimes, be a bit one-dimensional and could maybe add some variety to his game but i guess he is already aware of that. I thought some of Laff's through-balls( particularly, one for Ortiz in the first half midweek) were great, which is why i would like to see him play wide-left sometimes - pretty sure he can play there but might be wrong.

we really shouldn't give up on the boy : i think all needs is a wee chance.....seriously. If he doesn't do it, fine but at least see if we can somehow unlock his potential which everyone has spoken about( i mean the guy was compared with wayne roooney at one time which has got to mean something)

He's certainly not lived up to his early promise. It's a shame the loan move fell through, cause a proper run playing first team football is exactly what he needs. Only then can we really judge him!

He's been unfortunate that his position of an attacking midfielder number 10 playmaker is not really around much these days in the spl anyway. but also seems like his attitude isnt the best. his uncle robert fleck has said it so that could of done more damage. plus he had that fall out with ally a couple of years ago aswell, so ally might just not want the boy there anymore. shame, his early showings made it look like something really special was on the way.